Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VRT on Hymer C46

Options
  • 08-02-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi

I have a 1992 Hymer 1.9L Diesel C46 Motorhome.

It is currently registered, taxed and insured in UK and parked offroad in Newry.

I was wondering if it's worth my while importing it to Ireland and getting Irish plates etc

Any idea what VRT might cost

Thanks

Brian
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Not sure about the VRT. Can't imagine it could be much at this stage.

Would it pass the DOE test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Is that the one you bought on ebay?

I'd guesstimate €5000 - €6000 value so say €650 to €800 vrt. If you can find similar ones for sale reasonably priced online then print them off and included them in your submission to the vrt. Will help ensure they don't go bananas on the value.

Isn't is c64 not c46?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Once you go through the process of bringing the MH to an NCT Centre, which will take photos and send them to Revenue, Revenue will come back with a valuation and you will have to pay that before you go to get a DOE Test done. Once you pass the DOE you can then register the MH and away you go.

If you feel that the van is overvalued by Revenue, I suggest the following steps;

If you have an invoice and are happy with the value use it as part of your appeal.

Go online and look for 2 or 3 others, preferably in a Euro country, not sterling, and use them in conjunction with your own invoice.

There's a formula on the Revenue VRT site as to how to calculate the OMSP.

You deduct 10% to allow for probable reduction available on negotiation.

You then deduct the VAT rate for the country

France 19.6%
    Finland 24%
    Germany 19%
    Belgium 21%
    Denmark 25% etc

when you have done that you add on Irish Vat @ 23%

The VAT inclusive figure represents 86.7% of the OMSP as the VRT element of 13.3% has not been included

So the VAT inclusive figure must be multiplies by 100/86.7 to get the the price at which the vehicle could be retailed on the market inclusive of all taxes.

Revenue will average the 3 or 4 figures and charge you on that.

Do not let Revenue put you off by saying you need a valuation by a dealer here, unless that valuation is to your satisfaction, i.e. lower than Revenues value.

The rules state "you may use " that does not mean you have to have a dealers valuation.

If you search thoroughly enough, I'm pretty sure you'll find 2 or 3 examples lower than Revenues and they'll accept them.

My examples came in c 10% under Revenues and once I challenged the "dealer" valuation requirement they paid me abck the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bharr

moodrater wrote: »
    Is that the one you bought on ebay?

I'd guesstimate €5000 - €6000 value so say €650 to €800 vrt. If you can find similar ones for sale reasonably priced online then print them off and included them in your submission to the vrt. Will help ensure they don't go bananas on the value.

Isn't is c64 not c46?

Thanks for reply

Yes, I bought on eBay. Cost me UK£4000 but I got a good deal. Probable worth €6000ish here.

BTW, it is a Camp 46 (4.6M in length)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bharr

piuswal wrote: »
    Once you go through the process of bringing the MH to an NCT Centre, which will take photos and send them to Revenue, Revenue will come back with a valuation and you will have to pay that before you go to get a DOE Test done. Once you pass the DOE you can then register the MH and away you go.

Thanks for this. Lots of really useful, helpful and relevant information

• Advertisement
Advertisement