Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clonmel, No digital?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I do not have a price, I just ordered it, he had 1 spare TR110 that he loaned me (explaining the RTE 2 issue) the lead time for TR112 is the end of the month and I believe that is countrywide.

Large quantity arriving in 3-4 weeks according to this post
    The Triax TR112 has been approved since yesterday. It will be listed on the RTE website from Next week. The first supplies will arrrive into Ireland next week with a large quantity expected in about 3-4 weeks time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Teddy455

The Cush wrote: »
    Large quantity arriving in 3-4 weeks according to this post

They will be 109 euro. Bit too dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 damo642

Just letting all know the DTT from Clonmel is working on channel 55 as posted earlier.

I am up the Cashel Road and using a loft antenna it is perfect.

Only issue now is the Triax TR 110 box with the blank RTE 2; however RTE 2 works on the alternative channel, anyone know when their is a firmware update for this issue and how its downloaded and installed?

Could someone please attempt to see if this is working with rabbit ears? ill try this myself tomorrow aswell
    thanks
    Dam0642

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

"Rabbits ears" are only good for a room that has a window where you can see the Transmission mast.

You don't say where you are. So your request is pointless. Sorry.

watty wrote: »
    "Rabbits ears" are only good for a room that has a window where you can see the Transmission mast.

You don't say where you are. So your request is pointless. Sorry.

hello,

I am on the cashel road hill. the rabbit ears are on the window facing the town centre. where is the mast exactly located?
    damo642

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Mast is on "the cross" pilgrim site. It is lighted on a clear night.

Rabbit ears are more than likely not suitable however if you get them high enough (in the attic) you may be ok. I had mine in the attic and the reception was poor on a bad day passable other days, however the real deal antenna in the attic is no comparison.

Mast is on "the cross" pilgrim site. It is lighted on a clear night.

Rabbit ears are more than likely not suitable however if you get them high enough (in the attic) you may be ok. I had mine in the attic and the reception was poor on a bad day passable other days, however the real deal antenna in the attic is no comparison.

Right - I have Line-Of-Sight to that mast on the hill from the window. So i expect when i plug in rabbit ears into sarview box i will finally get digital. Will update tomorrow as to results

Damo642

damo642 wrote: »
    Right - I have Line-Of-Sight to that mast on the hill from the window. So i expect when i plug in rabbit ears into sarview box i will finally get digital. Will update tomorrow as to results

Damo642

Works like a dream - just using non powered rabbit ears. the room window has line of sight to the mast but have the rabbit ears on the ground with no line of sight. perfect now!

Good to hear damo642.

I have no RTE2 on Analogue, anyone know if this is down at the moment? The DTT is still spot on with signal quality at 97% and Strength at 87%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Live on the Mountain road and while I can tune in DTT I find it drops out very easily and we have to revert to the analog signal. Is anyone else having this issue?

• Advertisement

Try pointing your antenna to Suir Valley - Carrick on Suir / Piltown direction and re tune your box to channel 52 and see what you get. The cross transmitter in Clonmel may just be blocked by the mountain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Try pointing your antenna to Suir Valley - Carrick on Suir / Piltown direction and re tune your box to channel 52 and see what you get. The cross transmitter in Clonmel may just be blocked by the mountain.

Cheers will give that a go

Advertisement