Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I need more than 500 points

• 02-03-2015 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I only got 410 for my mocks and it's driving me crazy.

It's true I haven't study as much as I should've but I honestly studied weeks before. The problem is, I thought I understand and learned it all well but I actually haven't and I came to realise it just before the exams.

My subjects are:

English (HL)
    Maths (HL)
    Accounting (HL)
    French (OL)
    Chemistry (HL)
    Geography (HL)
    Biology (HL)
    LCVP

To anyone who does CHEMISTRY, please give me some light. I mean, I just can't find it interesting. I thought I would drop down eventually but I happen to still pass it, of course, I am happy but still bombarded.

Please give exam tips. I don't have good study skills so please if you have methods please share it to me. Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The main tip for exams is to answer the question you are asked, not the one you think you are asked.

For studying, each person has their own style that works. Looking at flashcards for a thousand years won't help some people, likewise mind maps or colour coded notes, if they are not a visual learner.

You need to find your own learning style first to make an effective study plan for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

410 is a good mock result if you're aiming for 500. I know several people (my brother included) who got under 400 in the mocks and ended up with over 500. Keep working consistently and ensure you understand what you're doing rather than just going through the motions. If you understand the concepts nothing can trip you up.

I didn't like chemistry all that much and ended up not counting it, but that exam is so repetitive. Do as many experiments as you can as the amount of content that can be asked for each experiment is quite limited. Just keep doing exam papers and checking your answers on examinations and you'll do well.

Also, I like your username!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Also keep in mind that the fact that you still haven't covered a lot of material will have affected your grades, particularly in subjects with large courses such as Maths and Biology

• Registered Users Posts: 21 arcticthinker

Your points objective is 500 plus, your result is 410 , you require 90 points, when you obtain your exam scripts that corrected, plug in the holes of knowledge and make sure to ark your studies to within your points objective , plan your time to subjects you can reap the most points out of , in general you can expect a grade up in real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pleindespoir

I could not thank you all for more! Those were really helpful. ☺️ I tend to panic a lot and this somewhat made me feel at ease. Better get moving..!

• Advertisement
Advertisement