Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Most interesting things so far have been South Park on xbox.

Beyond and The Last of Us on the PS3. Overall not a bad showing from Sony.

Oh and Watch_Dogs dogs looks pretty brilliant from Ubisoft. The new Rayman game for the WiiU looks great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0 is no lady!

So far, according to e3, what should I be looking out for? Haven't watched or read anything about the event yet

From my brief skim over the forum today -

An Overblood game featuring tampax.

New Legend of Dragoon game with toys similar to Skylanders.

New 3DS revision featuring r4 flash card support.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    New 3DS revision featuring r4 flash card support.

Woo Hoo!!!

Wait a minute!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0 is no lady!

I beg your pardon, allow me to correct my error....

7322540016413_Tena_absorbent_pads_men_level_2_10_pack__62713_std.jpg

ND-6745.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I beg your pardon, allow me to correct my error....

7322540016413_Tena_absorbent_pads_men_level_2_10_pack__62713_std.jpg

ND-6745.jpg

I think you're looking for the "post here everytime you bought something new" thread :D

• Advertisement

We actually had two people from the company that makes that stuff come into the hospital to show us the correct way to apply them to clients, not like I haven't spent the previous 20 years putting them on my patients over the years or nothing like that ......
    There are certain techniques used to ensure a good seal and no "fall out".... I'm not sure this is the appropriate forum, but if Legend of the Dragoon 2 gets announced we might be all glad we knew the right way, right-a-way!

I see Rage has Sunset Riders for 29.99!
    WANT!
    No way to get in there on time though :(
    I see there are a lot of changes, not so good ones, compared to the Snes version, it seem superior... still it's relatively cheap....

Master of the Universe

Good price! That one usually goes for a bit more than that alright. I never understood why, it doesn't seem that rare or anything.

Then snes one is still miles better though :)

Think I'll wait til I see the Snes edition, that's the one I played back in the day, remember renting it way back when it was new!
    Great great game.
    Konami were so dominant in games for the Snes, better than Ninty themselves in some respects....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sunset Riders pales on all consoles compared to the arcade version, stick it on your Ikea Cab & take solace in the fact that any money wasted on the cart version could have been put towards the actual pcb.

Same with SF2 etc

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Sunset Riders pales on all consoles compared to the arcade version, stick it on your Ikea Cab & take solace in the fact that your gonna any money wasted on the cart version could have been put towards the actual pcb.

Same with SF2 etc

A little like this?
    Italian Sunset Riders for €100

Of course, it coming from Italy mean you never receive it, and if you do it may have Italian pubic hair on it.... trust me, past experience....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A little like this?
    Italian Sunset Riders for €100

Of course, it coming from Italy mean you never receive it, and if you do it may have Italian pubic hair on it.... trust me, past experience....

Thats the one. My two Madcatz RGB Scart Switchers came from Italy...pubic hair & nostril hair free...I was shocked

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sunset Riders on the consoles is fairly pish compared to the arcade machine. Levels are cut out and the big deal breaker, no 4-player. It's not that great a game, well it's a great arcade game for a quick blast but it gets boring quickly in long bursts and there's not an awful lot to it. It's not really suited to the consoles.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sunset Riders on the consoles is fairly pish compared to the arcade machine. Levels are cut out and the big deal breaker, no 4-player. It's not that great a game, well it's a great arcade game for a quick blast but it gets boring quickly in long bursts and there's not an awful lot to it. It's not really suited to the consoles.

Agreed, but to be fair it's not that long & as you say is good for a quick dose of arcade action

Bury Me With My Money!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Zombi U is actually a reboot of....

Wait for it.........

A Spectrum game from ubisoft called Zombi

Found it last night when i was playing Zolyx

It was also on the Amiga

Of course it is, it's Nintendo ffs - reboots & ports are how they roll

*hides from ghostchants inevitable rage

2uq0wbd.jpg

Of course it is, it's Nintendo ffs - reboots & ports are how they roll

So whats wrong with going back to the best era of gaming of all time?

Looks bloody good and i want a WiiU before even seeing Nintys E3

But if they announce Boulder Dash U then i will probably explode like a Canary with an air hose up its jacksie:eek:

Got two switches in Radionics there, can finally mod my Megadrive :o

Sparks43 wrote: »
    So whats wrong with going back to the best era of gaming of all time?

Looks bloody good and i want a WiiU before even seeing Nintys E3

But if they announce Boulder Dash U then i will probably explode like a Canary with an air hose up its jacksie:eek:

Nothing necessarily wrong with it, but it's becoming a trend...with results largely in the disappointing side of the camp.

I don't yet want a Wii U, hype over a joypad would never sell me a console...I'll wait till I hear what the machine itself actually is

Master of the Universe

Ah, you need your Megadrive modded? Get in touch with Enter...n..o...w...?

/Internet explodes

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ah, you need your Megadrive modded? Get in touch with Enter...n..o...w...?

/Internet explodes

Mods many, many Megadrives.
    Discovers own is not modded
    Had no switches

250px-Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001.jpg

That'd be like Retr0 owning Overblood 2 and Legend of the Dragoon.... oh wait...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nothing necessarily wrong with it, but it's becoming a trend...with results largely in the disappointing side of the camp.

I don't yet want a Wii U, hype over a joypad would never sell me a console...I'll wait till I hear what the machine itself actually is

Nintenod rehashing franchises isn't far from what every other Publisher is doing with all the franchise sequels they are turfing out. At least Nintendo try something different with their franchises, the mario, donkey kong and kirby franchises for instance usually wildly differ from each other with all the off shoots from the main series. Sure the only one that has really remained stagnant is Zelda and I feel that's mostly Nintendo being afraid of fan backlash (and not unrightly so, just look at the backlash to Wind Waker when Nintendo dared to make it the most gorgeous game ever made).

In the last year off the top of my head we have had Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandoras Tower so ut's not like they aren't bankrolling new IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I've decided to do a collection of sin. I have most of the versions of Rise of the Robots at home and I'm thinking about getting the one or two I'm missing and making some presentation case for them all.

Any ideas on how to present them?
    A wall hanging case would look the best(as in awful) I think but would have to be deep enough to hold the boxes etc.

Thoughts?

Yeah, but now we are getting repeats of past new paths for their franchises.
    Couldn't get enough Mario Tennis? Don't worry, there will be a version for every Ninty console you own!
    It's more interesting to think of a time when Nintendo made game with no references to past glories, like Pikmin... although his surname Olimar is almost Mario anagram'd up.

That said, if everything a company makes has to be branded with it's mascot, there's worse companies and mascots than Ninty and Mario I guess.....

Sony and Stick?

Sega and the Cyber-Razor barber?

Philips and a ball of sh1te?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Steve SI wrote: »
    I've decided to do a collection of sin. I have most of the versions of Rise of the Robots at home and I'm thinking about getting the one or two I'm missing and making some presentation case for them all.

Any ideas on how to present them?
    A wall hanging case would look the best(as in awful) I think but would have to be deep enough to hold the boxes etc.

Thoughts?

Yes, you should have the Sin Bin - a receptacle where you place all the games as soon as you've procured them.

I have heard tales that if you leave them out on your front kerb on a certain night of the week (with a mystical 'Greenstar' sticker), a magical fairy will whisk them away for ever more.

Nice to recieve warnings from a fellow retro enthusiast:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Nice to recieve warnings from a fellow retro enthusiast:mad:

funny-dog-pictures-dog-asks-you-what-you-are-talking-about.jpg

johnny_ultimate has decided to side with the Playstation generation and has given me a warning for telling it like it is.

And i hearby petition that he be drummed out of this forum and never allowed to return.:D

• Advertisement

And i hearby petition that he be drummed out of this forum and never allowed to return.:D

The only way that'll happen is if it becomes an offense to post on boards.ie whilst wearing a trilby

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement