Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy TAB S 8.4 and 10.1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Techmaster wrote: »
    do you need level 3 membership? was it brand new? white or bronze?

I think Level 3 membership is needed as the store I was in had a sale price and had a Level 3 card right beside it. Basically its a way for them to get you to sign up to their subscription service.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭IR1SH RANG3R

dan786 wrote: »
    I think Level 3 membership is needed as the store I was in had a sale price and had a Level 3 card right beside it. Basically its a way for them to get you to sign up to their subscription service.

Let us know if you get it cheap, I might have a friend with level 3 membership that can pick one up for me at that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I have the tab S. It's an amazing device. Few flaws, such as it's a bit slow. It runs a really high resolution but a generation behind processor.

But if you can handle a slightly slow response at times (I'm still stock, I dont know about mods) it plays media just beautifully. I have a networked drive at home, and I use the tablet as a portable UPnP/DNLA player for it. Works amazingly.

edit: OP. your title should be 8.4 + 10.5

And my 8.4 came with a ton of offers I didnt get when I bought other devices! I got 50gb dropbox space, premium evernote and pocket for 6 months or more... All useful things for me, and probably worth what I paid for it alone nearly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

What price is the 8.4? The other one might be too big for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Tinie wrote: »

Id imagine you're a little late to this deal. I tried quite a few gamestops in dublin and they were all out of the 8.4. I think there were very few in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Thanks OP.Collected the last 10.5 in Athlone. Signed up for basic Loyalty card in shop. Got it at €215. Absolutely delighted to have got it at this price. It's a fantastic piece of kit. OP - loads of good karma goes your way :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Twiggy69 wrote: »
    Thanks OP.Collected the last 10.5 in Athlone. Signed up for basic Loyalty card in shop. Got it at €215. Absolutely delighted to have got it at this price. It's a fantastic piece of kit. OP - loads of good karma goes your way :-)

You did not need to pay for the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Twiggy69

Techmaster wrote: »
    You did not need to pay for the card?

No charge, just went through the process of being a Loyalty Card member. Well worth the saving :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Confused Accountant

Just got the last 10.5 in GameStop Ballina. Can confirm its 214.99 with the FREE loyalty card. Just FYI also the girl told me they have iPad airs 128g for only 350 which seems like another great bargain 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Just got the last 10.5 in GameStop Ballina. Can confirm its 214.99 with the FREE loyalty card. Just FYI also the girl told me they have iPad airs 128g for only 350 which seems like another great bargain ðŸ‘

Where can I get this ipad air offer please? Definitely 350?? Is this written instore do you know? Is that for a new one?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Confused Accountant

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Where can I get this ipad air offer please? Definitely 350?? Is this written instore do you know? Is that for a new one?
    Thanks.

100% for 350 euro 128g iPad Air saw it behind the desk. Just have to go into GameStop and sign up for the loyalty card, make sure it's FREE one and you should be able to get it!

100% for 350 euro 128g iPad Air saw it behind the desk. Just have to go into GameStop and sign up for the loyalty card, make sure it's FREE one and you should be able to get it!

I'll ring the shop and ask I guess. Hopefully its the same all round.

Are you sure they are new ipads and not trade in?

Tab S 10.5 for €214.99 in bronze. Absolute steal of a price. Thanks OP.

Rang the crescent shopping center. Got told , "we wouldn't sell anything like that" in regard to iPads. Is that not a bit odd considering they sell them on their website lol. Also I got directed toward Argos!!.

Anyone know any store nearer to limerick that have new ipads in? Thought it was very odd what the crescent told me. Parkway said to try the crescent lol.

Had to buy a Loyalty card - Bought to Tab's , one for myself and another for my mother. Bargain even if you have to buy the card. Also was told iPad Air 128GB is 50% at 350e instead of 700e.

dan786 wrote: »
    Had to buy a Loyalty card - Bought to Tab's , one for myself and another for my mother. Bargain even if you have to buy the card. Also was told iPad Air 128GB is 50% at 350e instead of 700e.

May I ask what store was this Dan? Looking to buy an iPad air.

May I ask what store was this Dan? Looking to buy an iPad air.

All stores in City Centre are sold out of TAB S 10.5", I got the last one in Liffey Street Lower and last one on Henry St.

They said they had just one iPad Air 128gb left if I wanted to buy it (in Lower Liffey St). That was an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Cheers OP & Pasta-solo rang Gamestop in Longford at 9am this morning and the guy there was good enough to put by the last 10.5 they had for me and I got the auld dear to go in and collect it later.

On the phone he said that I would need to buy the Level 3 card but when I protested and said that a "mate" had got the last one in Athlone yesterday and only had to sign up for the free card, he said he would check it out and sure enough there was no need to pay the extra €17.

The young lads birthday is coming up in October so he will be delighted with it and saved me a right few bob.

invest4deepvalue.com

Tinie wrote: »

Henry St had lots pf 8.4 an hour ago. In few different colours. I believe they are 175€ after discount. No Dublin stores have any stock of 10.5" left.

• Advertisement

Rang the William St store and they said they had previous gen and moved them to anogher store as they were not selling, the said those ones were refurbs though. Anyone get a new iPad? The 128gb Air model? I'd say they are refurbished and not brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Anybody see stock in any of the Dublin stores? Would love a 10" as mine is caput.

Rang the William St store and they said they had previous gen and moved them to anogher store as they were not selling, the said those ones were refurbs though. Anyone get a new iPad? The 128gb Air model? I'd say they are refurbished and not brand new.

They were all definitely brand new in ballina. I'd ring if I was you, only a 3 hour drive if you're in Dublin!

Anybody see stock in any of the Dublin stores? Would love a 10" as mine is caput.

All Dublin stores are sold out of 10.5", I had to go to 4 different stores to get two. Got the last one in Henry St and Liffey Street.

Henry St had a lot of 8.4". No other store had them.

They wont be coming back in stock either as I was told by them GameStop is going out of the tablet market hence are selling for lower than cost price.

Worth ringing stores as I rang my local store and they had one 10.5 left and kept it for me. Full price scans in if card isn't scanned with it so staff were not even aware of the discount in my store. The Tab S 10.5 I received was bronze and definitely brand new - both seals still intact and the full €429.99 sticker price on the box.

EDIT: You definitely DO NOT need to pay for a different level membership card. The basic free card is fine.

They were all definitely brand new in ballina. I'd ring if I was you, only a 3 hour drive if you're in Dublin!

I'm in tipperary, just unsure of they are definitely ipad Airs and not the previous models, also weather they are new or not. I'd really love to pick up a new iPad air at that price! None in three shops in limerick. As I said, one shop sent me to an Argos, one had none and the last one said they only had the previous model refurbished... Any help much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭baldshin

Galway still has a 4th gen 16gb iPad for €187.50, no Galaxy's or airs.

I'm in tipperary, just unsure of they are definitely ipad Airs and not the previous models, also weather they are new or not. I'd really love to pick up a new iPad air at that price! None in three shops in limerick. As I said, one shop sent me to an Argos, one had none and the last one said they only had the previous model refurbished... Any help much appreciated.

I can confirm 100% that they are new iPad airs. I held it in my hand to look at it properly because I couldn't believe the price!

I can confirm 100% that they are new iPad airs. I held it in my hand to look at it properly because I couldn't believe the price!

I am a good distance from ballina! :-(
    New, not refurbished? As refurbs are packaged as new too.. Wish they were in a nearer shop to me...

• Advertisement

I am a good distance from ballina! :-(
    New, not refurbished? As refurbs are packaged as new too.. Wish they were in a nearer shop to me...

Not refurbs according to the lady in the shop anyway. Had a full price sticker and a sale one so assume she was right

Advertisement