Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glastonbury 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

thunderdog wrote: »
    I think two of the lads in my group could be on that flight too. I'll find out and let you know

Please do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Please do.

Hey im afraid the lads are getting the 06.45 plane to bristol which isn't any use to you.

Check out the lad a few pictures down with all the drink. I like his style!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2348736/Glastonbury-Festival-2013-Thousands-fans-tents-crates-beer-arrive.html

No worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

One last shameless plug! If anyone is up by early on the Friday morning come check out The Riptide Movement. We're on the Acoustic Stage at 12. Cheers. A quick taster of what to expect:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

One last shameless plug! If anyone is up by early on the Friday morning come check out The Riptide Movement. We're on the Acoustic Stage at 12. Cheers. A quick taster of what to expect:

GOod luck to ya! Heard your stuff before and really like it.:)

• Advertisement

Anyone any idea where the ticket pick-up point is? I have to pick mine up tomorrow, but can't find any reference to it on the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Hope to catch some of your set anyway, best of luck, should be fun.

Beady Eye now playing at 11 on the Other Stage, great news but tough on smaller bands who maybe clashing, lucky you guys are at 12!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

just a reminder that 6 stages are live streaming on the BBC site:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ej58q9

might have to install the MediaHint extension in Firefox/Chrome for the stream to work outside the UK.
    i think they're all on the Red button on BBC on TV too, and there's highlights/some live stuff on BBC1-4 tonight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

lads i member maybe 3 years ago someone had a great map of glastonbury done over the map of dublin explaining how large the site is, if anyone can find it be amazing need it to prove a point

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

but1er wrote: »
    lads i member maybe 3 years ago someone had a great map of glastonbury done over the map of dublin explaining how large the site is, if anyone can find it be amazing need it to prove a point

http://howbigreally.com/dimension/festivals_and_specticles/glastonbury#Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

^^^^^ jesus christ :eek::eek::eek: didnt think it was dat big

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

I say this every year....but I am definitely going next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭budgemook

Rumour flying around that daft punk are playing over there at 2 am.

Why have I not gone yet?

Portishead sounding great on bbc right now

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

A V A wrote: »
    ^^^^^ jesus christ :eek::eek::eek: didnt think it was dat big

Thats what she said :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Watched the live-stream of Portishead last night, amazing set! much better than them gimps on the Pyramid.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭corm500

Watched Chic from Glastonbury on BBC4 last night. Cracking gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Arctic Monkeys were tight last night, I'm not really a fan though tbh, weird front-man or is it just me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Arctic Monkeys were tight last night, I'm not really a fan though tbh, weird front-man or is it just me?

I haven't followed them that closely in the last few years, but Alex Turner used to be cool. Whats with the new accent? He came across like an complete knobhead last night.

If he's trying to play some part of some sort on stage, it's not working.

I haven't followed them that closely in the last few years, but Alex Turner used to be cool. Whats with the new accent? He came across like an complete knobhead last night.

If he's trying to play some part of some sort on stage, it's not working.

He looked very odd, I'm not sure whats going on in his head but he does look like extremely weird.

Glasto on the beeb now..... Tempted to run to the offo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Thanks for the heads up.

This fellas been looking at Glen Hansard too much.. Just needs a hole in the guitar now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

How much longer is this prat on for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Crap grime merchant Wiley quit Glastonbury before playing, tweeting about the low fees, and the rain.. (Glastonbury give most of their profits to charity, and don't overpay the artists)
    "The grime star's earlier negative tweets have since disappeared, but he had made his feelings perfectly clear before hitting the 'delete' button. "Soon as I land …Rain ffs," he began, before adding several tweets later: "**** it life goes on but I am pissed. Glastonbury ain’t paying me enough to leave my comfort zone …tight bastards."

http://www.nme.com/news/wiley/71127#ZEpR2F7pEYW28GMI.99

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭corm500

Any ideas as to the Rolling Stones will have as special guests on stage tonight? My guess is Adele and either McCartney or even Bowie. They have had some amazing guests on their tour so if they are going down that route tonight they would pull something big out of the bag

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Anyone know how to watch the live stream here, as the BBC strea wont work (assume its because not in UK)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Sorry if tis been asked but is that blackout going ahead when the Stones play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

corm500 wrote: »
    Any ideas as to the Rolling Stones will have as special guests on stage tonight? My guess is Adele and either McCartney or even Bowie. They have had some amazing guests on their tour so if they are going down that route tonight they would pull something big out of the bag

I heard that Florence Welch will be joining them for a song, time will tell...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

corm500 wrote: »

Didn't adele say that she would never do festivals? Some kind of stage fright with outdoor shows etc

Agree about Alex turner. He seems to be going through some kind of personality clash with himself. What was with the cabaret voice he was putting on? Have seen them live though and they really do make a whopper noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Tinie wrote: »
    Anyone know how to watch the live stream here, as the BBC strea wont work (assume its because not in UK)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/bbctwo/live

This seems to be working for me.

Watts & Richards looking like they're ready for the zimmer frames here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Public Enemy in great form on bbc4 great performance.

Advertisement