Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

I was thinking about getting GamePass this season. I was looking at the FAQ's and it says the 1pm and 4pm (i.e. 6pm and 9pm GMT) games are blocked in the UK and ROI. I did a quick search and someone said that only the Sky game during these periods were blocked. However, the thread was 3 years old and I wanted to make sure that this was still the case and not ALL games during these times were blocked before shelling out over €100. The Late Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday night and Thanksgiving games are unaffected too, right?

Also, any problems watching via the iPad app here?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Its just the Sky games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Everything you need to know in this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056691903

And playing it on a tablet its hit and miss. I use a Samsung and its runs fine but at times the wireless slows it down. My mate runs it on his Ipad and says its the same thing but for the most part it works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I use gamepass on an iPad!

Live games are good quality (so far) but trying to watch archived games at the weekend is nearly impossible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    Podge_irl wrote: »
    Its just the Sky games.
    Sky will have the Thanksgiving games too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭boccy23

From NFLUK:

"As we have agreed a new deal with Sky there are certain changes to Game Pass:

There will no longer be a six day blackout for games shown on Sky Sports.

There will be a 24 hour blackout for the two games which Sky show.

NFL RedZone will also be available on Game Pass.

Remember the Sky games for Weeks 1 & 2 are as follows:

Week 1
    Colts at Bears
    49ers at Packers

Week 2
    Saints at Panthers
    Redskins at Rams "

Tempted again now to get Gamepass. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

boccy23 wrote: »
    From NFLUK:

Wow, that's great news. Ideally there'd be no blackouts at all, but getting Red Zone back and a 24-hour blackout for a couple of games is a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    boccy23 wrote: »
    From NFLUK:

Remember the Sky games for Weeks 1 & 2 are as follows:

Week 1
    Colts at Bears
    49ers at Packers

Week 2
    Saints at Panthers
    Redskins at Rams "

Tempted again now to get Gamepass. :mad:

That definitely does change things.
    The question now is, can I avoid all NFL media for 24 hours after the Giants-Cowboys tomorrow night, so I can watch on Friday morning without knowing the score?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Was going to be a first time gamepass customer but mainly for betting I would need the Sky games for betting volumes on betfair. I may once again have to pay UPC for their inferior Sky Sport option. Or what I'll most likely do is get my sisters sky id to watch on my laptop via her account

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Phoole

I had game pass last year and didn't suffer from any blackouts. Were they in place last season, does anyone know??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Went on to the gamepass site there without realising my VPN was connected. This is what I am getting when it thinks I am in the Netherlands...

Might get some pre-season for free. I've joined the complimentary package now anyway. I see no T's & C's visible anywhere about it so I'm not sure how long it lasts. They have my old credit card on file so if they try to charge it, it will fail.

I am getting every game for free with my Netherlands VPN with no blackouts. Including the playoffs and superbowl. Asked on the live chat and that is what they said!

Delighted!

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I am getting every game for free with my Netherlands VPN with no blackouts. Including the playoffs and superbowl. Asked on the live chat and that is what they said!

Delighted!

Can you PM me which VPN service you use? Do you know of a free one?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Phoole wrote: »
    I had game pass last year and didn't suffer from any blackouts. Were they in place last season, does anyone know??
    they weren't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Not if u were in Ireland.

taidghbaby wrote: »
    I use gamepass on an iPad!

Live games are good quality (so far) but trying to watch archived games at the weekend is nearly impossible![/QUOTE]

Why is that?

fisgon wrote: »
    That definitely does change things.
    The question now is, can I avoid all NFL media for 24 hours after the Giants-Cowboys tomorrow night, so I can watch on Friday morning without knowing the score?

There will be lots of us doing that this season.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    There will be lots of us doing that this season.
    The Giants - Cowboys game wont be blacked out. Its only the 2 Sunday night games that will be blacked out.

The Giants - Cowboys game wont be blacked out. Its only the 2 Sunday night games that will be blacked out.

Yep tks... I meant after the sunday night games avoiding all things internet/media on the monday to watch the game tuesday not knowing the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭fermoyboy

Got the season pass and have an account with overplay.net so will change my VPN if I need to avoid black outs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Anyone who is willing to spend 130+ on a season pass should definitely spend another 25 or there a bouts for a 6 month vpn subscription

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Unfortunately I only can watch Gamepass on my Desktop which isn't ideal when I got friends around for a game.

I have tried to get online using the PS3 to watch games on the big screen. I can log into my Gamepass account via the PS3 online, but the PS3 has a bullshít Adobe Flash update issue which doesn't allow me to watch games.

So I'm Just wondering has anyone here encountered a similar problem & know anyway around it?

Unfortunately I only can watch Gamepass on my Desktop which isn't ideal when I got friends around for a game.

I have tried to get online using the PS3 to watch games on the big screen. I can log into my Gamepass account via the PS3 online, but the PS3 has a bullshít Adobe Flash update issue which doesn't allow me to watch games.

So I'm Just wondering has anyone here encountered a similar problem & know anyway around it?

do you not have a video out on your laptop?

do you not have a video out on your laptop?

I don't have a decent laptop, I just have a crappy work one which can do f**k all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

It's a bit of a pain, but if you have a video out / hdmi lead on your desktop just bring it down and hook it up to the TV and watch it through there, I'm very lucky in the sense that I have a laptop in the sitting room permanently hooked to the TV.

Actually, screw that lightbulb idea hopefully this helps, it's cheap can connect to your tv, it's a computer but youll stream away to your hearts content it's so slick looking too.

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/zotac_zbox_hd_ad01.png

Speca
    2GB DDR2 667MHz RAM, a new 32GB SDD (3.0Gb/s and 220MB/s Transfer Rate). Windows 7 Ultimate, all essentials (such as Flash, Java, Silverlight) and XBMC.
    * Dual-Core AMD Athlon Neo X2 L325 running at 1.5GHz.
    * Integrated ATI Radeon HD 3200 GPU with ATI Avivo HD Technology.
    * 6 USB 2.0 Ports, VGA and HDMI with Full HD (1080p) and audio support.
    * One available 2.5" SATA Drive Bay and one DDR2-667MHz SO-DIMM slot.
    * Gigabit Ethernet (10\100\1000Mbps) and Wireless-N Ready.

If that is linux based, it wont have the latest version of flash to run GamePass.

Sorry Corvus I meant desktop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky

Is this right? If so that's great. I thought tonight's game was on Sky, and therefore blacked out. Or is it only selected Sky games that receive the black out treatment? Great news if that is the case.

It's a bit of a pain, but if you have a video out / hdmi lead on your desktop just bring it down and hook it up to the TV and watch it through there

I've thought about that, but I'd probably need a lead that's about 30 feet plus in length. How long do they go? Because I always assumed their length was limited.

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/zotac_zbox_hd_ad01.png

Speca
    2GB DDR2 667MHz RAM, a new 32GB SDD (3.0Gb/s and 220MB/s Transfer Rate). Windows 7 Ultimate, all essentials (such as Flash, Java, Silverlight) and XBMC.
    * Dual-Core AMD Athlon Neo X2 L325 running at 1.5GHz.
    * Integrated ATI Radeon HD 3200 GPU with ATI Avivo HD Technology.
    * 6 USB 2.0 Ports, VGA and HDMI with Full HD (1080p) and audio support.
    * One available 2.5" SATA Drive Bay and one DDR2-667MHz SO-DIMM slot.
    * Gigabit Ethernet (10\100\1000Mbps) and Wireless-N Ready.

I goggled it and found nothing about pricing, do you have anything on pricing?

fisgon wrote: »
    Is this right? If so that's great. I thought tonight's game was on Sky, and therefore blacked out. Or is it only selected Sky games that receive the black out treatment? Great news if that is the case.

fisgon it's exactly as quoted in your reply, only the two Sky games on Sunday are blacked out.

This is what I did. Invest €400 on a bog standard dell desktop (with a HD output) and connect it to your tv via HMDI. HD NFL streaming straight to your living room!! My dell 620mt is stashed away in my cupboard in my living room with all my movies and other media onboard! And with an internet connection I can stream anything I want to. The best purchase I ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Surely your laptop has a DVI output? You can just connect DVI to HDMI.

Advertisement