Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Library with a separate sci-fi / fantasy section

• 25-05-2012 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Does anyone know of a library in Dublin that has a separate sci-fi/fantasy section? I've gone to a few, but they didn't have the fiction books organised into genres.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

As far as know Coolock library does. Not sure how handy that is for you

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AhInFairness

Did you try the Central Library in the Ilac Centre? I'm almost sure they have them separated out.

Did you try the Central Library in the Ilac Centre? I'm almost sure they have them separated out.

No, I'm afraid they don't. They do have a science fiction bookclub though which the op might be interested in. Even if you don't want to head along the list of titles they have read might give you some ideas on what to read next.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dots03

I was in Blanchardstown library at lunch time today and perused a pretty decent (and separate) Sci-Fi\Fantasy section...also included lots of graphic novels.

If it's near you it's well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Grendels

Thanks, everyone. City center or south Dublin would be handiest for me. As it seems libraries with separate sci-fi sections are in short supply, though, I might have to venture further afield. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Lector

Whitechurch in Rathfarnham has its sci-fi/fantasy books in a separate section. It's not *very* big, though.

Grendels wrote: »
    As it seems libraries with separate sci-fi sections are in short supply, though, I might have to venture further afield. :)

You could just browse as well.

I know any of the public libraries will have a decent ratio of sci-fi in with the rest of the fiction because they're a popular read.

Book covers aren't as cliched as they used to be but publishers use design to sell to genre fans. You'll find it easy enough to identify the different types of sci-fi by cover and title.

Advertisement