Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Websites for Advertising a Book

Options
  • 28-04-2012 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

As some of you may know I have recently published my first novella on-line for free download but now I am seeking advice on what sites to advertise on. I want to hit every market I can with this but I'm not sure where to start. I'm under the impression that the internet can make anything possible and through word of mouth my book may be seen by those who need to see it.

I've marketed a fair bit on some social networking sites with thanks to a lot of friends and a lot of sharing but I now need to go a step further. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. Here's the link for the free download. It comes in EPUB and PDF.
    http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Daleno

Thanks,
    Daleno

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You need to get someone to read and edit it pronto. I only read the first two pages but there were at least ten spelling/grammar mistakes and it just put me off.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I also had a quick look at it, and while I spotted the errors too, for me, it is a lot of information for very little action in the first few pages. You do need a good and honest editor to have a look at it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Have you a good website with decent SEO? What tags are you using on Amazon?

From experience, you may find that if you mention it on websites where people like you, you may get some reads, but otherwise forget it. Paid advertising is not likely to pay for itself, particularly if as the others say, it needs editing.

At most, an ad will make people click on an excerpt. If the story doesn't grab them, or there are any mistakes, they won't buy.

If you have a website which ranks well on Google with links to your book, that will help. So will good reviews on Amazon or reviews from independent review sites.

Advertisement