Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forbidden Fruit 2012

• 21-12-2011 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭

Bulmers and POD presents
    Forbidden Fruit 2012

A Dublin City Centre Multi-Stage Music & Arts Festival

On the Meadows of the Irish Museum of Modern Art
    The Royal Hospital , Kilmainham

June Bank Holiday Weekend
    Saturday June 2nd, Sunday 3rd and also Monday 4th June

The grounds of the Irish Museum of Modern Art will be the setting once more for the Forbidden Fruit music festival on the June Bank Holiday weekend in 2012. Dublin's only multi staged music and arts festival was arguably the best city centre festival in the 2011 event calendar.

“A festival like this has been a long time coming, one that combines music, art, fashion and simple good vibes into a two-day city-based event. Irish Times.

In 2012 it will be extended to three days - Saturday, Sunday & Monday of the June Bank Holiday weekend - and will have five stages, including a newly added Comedy Tent.

The non-camping festival is a collaborative fusion of music, art, fashion. Together with a fine array of delicious food, creative craft stalls and the usual festival quirks and oddities Forbidden Fruit is the best reason to spend a Bank Holiday weekend in Dublin.

Tickets & Line-up Details to be announced end of January 2012.

www.forbiddenfruit.ie
    Subject to Licence

JonAa.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Cant wait for this. Was a good weekend last/this year. Should be a interesting line up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Delighted this is on next year and with 3 days im really looking forward to it. Once tickets done shoot up i shall be there

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

same weekend as primavera. bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

lordgoat wrote: »
    same weekend as primavera. bollocks.

yep, i'd love to go to Primavea next year, but this being on the same weekend is definitely an issue! might buy a Primavera ticket and then see what the FF lineup is before deciding.

bit confused about the addition of Monday. having it on the bank holiday and Monday to recover is perfect. Having to go Monday and either going to work on Tuesday or taking the day off is a bit of a pain.

yep, i'd love to go to Primavea next year, but this being on the same weekend is definitely an issue! might buy a Primavera ticket and then see what the FF lineup is before deciding.

bit confused about the addition of Monday. having it on the bank holiday and Monday to recover is perfect. Having to go Monday and either going to work on Tuesday or taking the day off is a bit of a pain.

already have my prima ticket so that's where i'll be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I am thinking of going to Prima Porto instead so this is still a consideration.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wonderful stuff, when is the lineup likely to be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

It would make more sense to start it on fri evening from say 6pm and have it on fri, sat & sun with monday to recover from the shenanigans!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

frag420 wrote: »
    It would make more sense to start it on fri evening from say 6pm and have it on fri, sat & sun with monday to recover from the shenanigans!!

Probably works better for artists' schedules if it's on a Monday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Why would you buy a Primavera ticket before deciding which you want to go to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

maximoose wrote: »
    Wonderful stuff, when is the lineup likely to be announced?

"Tickets & Line-up Details to be announced end of January 2012."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lc180

i just moved to Dublin a couple months ago and i actually live about 2 min walk from the grounds! So I'm really looking forward to this.

Any rumours on the line-up yet??

lc180 wrote: »
    i just moved to Dublin a couple months ago and i actually live about 2 min walk from the grounds! So I'm really looking forward to this.

Any rumours on the line-up yet??

Factory Floor are definitely playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Why would you buy a Primavera ticket before deciding which you want to go to?
    because Primavera will likely sell out well before Forbidden Fruit does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Also Primavera tickets are priced on a sliding scale depending on when you buy them. I paid 99 euro. I believe they are 175 now. That sliding scale has become well steep recently. The clash has made FF a no go for me. I'm expecting a fair bit of crossover between the festivals though (there was this year anyway). Bjork headline for FF maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭part time punk

Toast wrote: »
    I'm expecting a fair bit of crossover between the festivals though (there was this year anyway). Bjork headline for FF maybe?

Fingers crossed for Wilco at Forbidden Fruit so then

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

I'd keep an eye on Field Day London lineup as an indicator as to who may also be playing Forbidden Fruit as it takes place on Saturday 2nd June. Hopefully Justice headline the Sun or Mon night seeing as theyre in Cork a few days later.

That's a good call on Justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

lordgoat wrote: »
    Factory Floor are definitely playing it.

New Order tribute band? :p

What size of festival is Forbidden Fruit??

I can't really tell from the pics/vids online. guess 10,000 capacity??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

because Primavera will likely sell out well before Forbidden Fruit does.

But it won't sell out before the line-up (headliners, at least) for Forbidden Fruits are announced.
    Also Primavera tickets are priced on a sliding scale depending on when you buy them. I paid 99 euro. I believe they are 175 now. That sliding scale has become well steep recently. The clash has made FF a no go for me. I'm expecting a fair bit of crossover between the festivals though (there was this year anyway). Bjork headline for FF maybe?

Yeah, that's a fair point and the scale is ridiculous now to the point where Primavera isn't really cheaper than a UK/Irish festival when you factor everything in, but the difference in getting one now and in February isn't going to offset getting one and then not going.

When's the next increase, Feb/March when the bulk of the line-up is announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

but the difference in getting one now and in February isn't going to offset getting one and then not going.

When's the next increase, Feb/March when the bulk of the line-up is announced?

Well you'll have no problem selling a 99euro ticket to Primavera when they are being sold for 175 by the organisers so assuming you had the money and could get one of the cheaper ones before they sold out it made a lot of sense at the time. Apparently they are 170 at the moment but another increase to 175 is about to happen or has just happened. I wonder if they've an upper limit in mind or if they'll just keep seeing what they can get away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Well you'll have no problem selling a 99euro ticket to Primavera when they are being sold for 175 by the organisers so assuming you had the money and could get one of the cheaper ones before they sold out it made a lot of sense at the time. Apparently they are 170 at the moment but another increase to 175 is about to happen or has just happened. I wonder if they've an upper limit in mind or if they'll just keep seeing what they can get away with.

Yeah I always had that in mind when purchasing Primavera tickets. I think anything more than €200 is a bit much considering they don't have camping facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Definitely up for this, looking forward to the announcement, if Warpaint are there I will be over the fecking moon, doubt it though. How much are tickets going to be roughly? How much were they for it last year when it was 2 days?

mutley18 wrote: »
    Definitely up for this, looking forward to the announcement, if Warpaint are there I will be over the fecking moon, doubt it though. How much are tickets going to be roughly? How much were they for it last year when it was 2 days?

Think it was about €90?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Think it was about €90?

I bought mine for 85 but it worked out about 91.50 after Ticketmaster charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I hear The Cure have been announced as headliners for Primavera. I can see them playing Electric Picnic but is there any hope of them playing Forbidden Fruit?? Would be cool.

I'm guessing its too small a festival, How big a festival is FF?

Yea i think the Cure could be possible (atlhough i know it would be a small crowd compared to other festivals) but they will be around Europe June/July

Also maybe we could keep an eye out on Rockness in Scotland? might give an indication

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yea i think the Cure could be possible (atlhough i know it would be a small crowd compared to other festivals) but they will be around Europe June/July

Also maybe we could keep an eye out on Rockness in Scotland? might give an indication
    Apparently Rockness will be announcing in 3 or 4 days time.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement