Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Athletics on TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

Will there be any coverage online of the National Championships on Saturday? I know RTE have it on Sunday, but hoping to see how Stephen Scullion gets on in the 10km

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Will there be any coverage online of the National Championships on Saturday? I know RTE have it on Sunday, but hoping to see how Stephen Scullion gets on in the 10km

Any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

Any links?

Found the answer to my own question! It'll be streaming on Athletics Ireland's Facebook page.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Anywhere I can find entry lists? I’ve tried AI’s website but no joy, unless I’m looking in the wrong place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Faugheen wrote: »
    Anywhere I can find entry lists? I’ve tried AI’s website but no joy, unless I’m looking in the wrong place.

Clicking this and click on 661 enteries, this will bring you to the list https://athleticsireland.entry4sports.com/#/

Otherwise here's the live results link http://live.athleticsireland.ie/menu.html which also contain enteries

Clicking this and click on 661 enteries, this will bring you to the list https://athleticsireland.entry4sports.com/#/

Otherwise here's the live results link http://live.athleticsireland.ie/menu.html which also contain enteries

Legend. Thank you.

Won’t make it out there today but definitely going tomorrow.

Just looking at these entries - with the Healys, Neville, Akpe-Moses, Molly and Jumbo-Gula, you would have to be reminded about how much depth there is in the women’s 100m.

I know Phil Healy is the obvious class act but if the rest of them can keep progressing, the 100m at the Nationals will become an international standard event. Really exciting.

Interesting that Davicia Patterson is going for the 200m rather than the 400m as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Ciara Neville with a PB and potential Championship Record... that won't count because the wind speed recorder wasn't switched on :rolleyes:

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »
    Ciara Neville with a PB and potential Championship Record... that won't count because the wind speed recorder wasn't switched on :rolleyes:

Absolute joke that was. She's been completely robbed there especially if you look at the readings for the mens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,554 ✭✭✭✭walshb

17:30 to 20:00 hours tomorrow on RTE 2 the national championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,554 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You for real?

Don’t you know there’s Gaelic games on!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

walshb wrote: »
    You for real?

Don’t you know there’s Gaelic games on!

And a great game was. Wexford's turn tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

A very entertaining National Championships. I enjoyed the RTÉ coverage, but as the broadcast went on I found myself fast forwarding went Gerry got on his high horse.

I was very impressed with Sarah Healy, I thought she was setting it up for the others but she held them all off. Great run as well by Ciara Neville to get a PB, especially after yesterday’s blunder, hard to believe she is still only 19. Very exciting finish to men’s 400, both the flat and hurdles.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭horsebox1977

Caprica wrote: »
    A very entertaining National Championships. I enjoyed the RTÉ coverage, but as the broadcast went on I found myself fast forwarding went Gerry got on his high horse.

I was very impressed with Sarah Healy, I thought she was setting it up for the others but she held them all off. Great run as well by Ciara Neville to get a PB, especially after yesterday’s blunder, hard to believe she is still only 19. Very exciting finish to men’s 400, both the flat and hurdles.

What was the blunder? was it the wind reading.

Caprica wrote: »

Will be rewatching it tomorrow as missed most of the events while competing myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Entitled ‘National Indoor Championships’ on RTE Player, in case anyone can’t find it. :rolleyes:

Murph_D wrote: »
    Entitled ‘National Indoor Championships’ on RTE Player, in case anyone can’t find it. :rolleyes:
    Typical RTÉ - thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Typical RTÉ - thanks for the heads up!

Still no onscreen clock during races. Any year now, this problem will be solved.

Has anyone watched the National Seniors back on RTE player? I've tried a few times but when it comes back from the second break after the 400m Hurdles it buffers endlessly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Has anyone watched the National Seniors back on RTE player? I've tried a few times but when it comes back from the second break after the 400m Hurdles it buffers endlessly...

Well done on the medal yesterday. :)

What was the blunder? was it the wind reading.

Yep, they never recorded the wind readings in the women’s 100m heats. Incredible stuff really. Ciara and the conditions on the Sunday got them out of jail big time.

Chivito550 wrote: »

Well done on the medal yesterday. :)
    Thank you Chivito550, total disbelief and shock to get that! Never considered actually managing a medal at national seniors! :O

Thank you Chivito550, total disbelief and shock to get that! Never considered actually managing a medal at national seniors! :O

Cracking time too.

Chivito550 wrote: »

Cracking time too.
    Cheers was a 2.5 second PB - have only broken 65 on three occasions!

Cheers was a 2.5 second PB - have only broken 65 on three occasions!

You're a hell of a lot closer to sub 60 than to 65 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭deisedude

Cork City Sports on TG4 tomorrow from 7:15pm

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Braken

Cork City Sports live on TG4 Wed evening

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Any online live stream for the Cork city Sports?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

YFlyer wrote: »
    Any online live stream for the Cork city Sports?

https://www.corkcitysports.ie/media-centre/event-video-2015/

Advertisement