Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Kizzles

madfcuker wrote: »
    Think the position has been filled. There is a new sales person in the shop now.

Ahh :( oh well, back to the drawing board!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

The new hairdressers next to John Hearnes on the quay have a notice in the window looking for a stylist.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

Deiseco wrote: »
    What you're saying is factually incorrect.

The basic working week IS 39 Hours. Anything over that is classed as overtime. To clarify an important point, you DO get paid for overtime, but you don't get an overtime premium. By law, companies are not required to pay a premium. An employee is entitled to their basic pay, at least, for any overtime worked. No more, no less.

Again, your facts are just plain wrong.

Factually or not. It is the truth!!! You make employees work 50-60 hours and don't ask them to do over time, you expect them to do it for Basic Rate which is prob € 8.65 per hour. You don't pay any Shift Pay and employees barely take home € 400 for those hours.

Fact - it is Slave Labour!!!!!!!! If you are going to give such a crappy hourly rate you can at least pay Overtime!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The Reg are taking on floor staff, waiting staff, bar staff, cleaning staff, chefs, security, DJs and musicians. Message up on their Facebook page to email a CV to jobs@thereg.ie or post a CV to Jobs @ The Reg, Suite 19 The Atrium, Maritana Gate, Canada Street, Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Factually or not. It is the truth!!! You make employees work 50-60 hours and don't ask them to do over time, you expect them to do it for Basic Rate which is prob € 8.65 per hour. You don't pay any Shift Pay and employees barely take home € 400 for those hours.

Fact - it is Slave Labour!!!!!!!! If you are going to give such a crappy hourly rate you can at least pay Overtime!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think slating of employers on here should stop. Some is probably justified but not all and you can be sure some are slating that havent even worked in these places. I would say if someone queries send them a PM. its not fair to the companies to be slating them publicly or their work practices with little to no opportunity of return. It worth noting that not all jobs are going to be what you are accustomed to, eg. someone working in an office might think that a labourers job is unfair, underpaid, overworked etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

Damien Tiernan just tweeted that 74 jobs are going at Honeywell turbo technologies

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭SimonClarke

Mods please delete this post..

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Shaneosexual

What is the deal with this rd marketing place? Anyone had an interview or worked there?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 afee_wils2011

Max Powers wrote: »
    I think slating of employers on here should stop. Some is probably justified but not all and you can be sure some are slating that havent even worked in these places. I would say if someone queries send them a PM. its not fair to the companies to be slating them publicly or their work practices with little to no opportunity of return. It worth noting that not all jobs are going to be what you are accustomed to, eg. someone working in an office might think that a labourers job is unfair, underpaid, overworked etc.

Well when your partner has worked here and been degraded down to the ground come back and repeat that statement. Employers like them using misfortunate people that have families and are desperate for money should be exposed!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad: If they had fair practices they wouldn't be getting slated!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 deisedeco

Well said afee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Shouldn't really need to be said but most places around town and City Square are looking for seasonal staff. Even if they don't have an advertisement up, it's worth handing a CV in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sissi85

Smyths toyshop are looking for seasonal stuff to stuck up the shelves during christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Ramada Hotel are looking for staff in house keeping, I think they useto prefer house keeping to be all female and they are also looking for a new receptionist, theres signs up anyway outside the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Well when your partner has worked here and been degraded down to the ground come back and repeat that statement. Employers like them using misfortunate people that have families and are desperate for money should be exposed!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad: If they had fair practices they wouldn't be getting slated!!!!!

fair enough afee, sounds like you have some good insight alright but there is more than one company being slated on here and the amount of slating with no chance for a possibly struggling company to reply just doesnt sit well. saying that, its easy for me to be objective/maybe-too-objective when i havent been personally involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

why do companys advertise jobsbridge jobs and then they never get back to you. very frustrating. all i want is an office internship for a few months to boost morale

• Registered Users Posts: 24 xprnc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    why do companys advertise jobsbridge jobs and then they never get back to you. very frustrating. all i want is an office internship for a few months to boost morale

Try with non-JobBridge internships if I can suggest. They are more flexible and more rewarding. Search on Google, I'm sure there is some small company in Waterford looking for a part-time admin intern!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

From WLR:

20 full time and up to 40 part time jobs are set to be created in Waterford City from next month. Two million euro has been spent on the Reginald Bar which is due to reopen on November 8th.Recruitment is currently underway for bar, floor, kictchen and security staff as well as bands and musicians.Manager Donal O'Brien says the new Reg has something for everyone.

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/191882-new-look-reg-set-to-open-in-waterford-next-month-wlrfmnews.html

From WLR:

20 full time and up to 40 part time jobs are set to be created in Waterford City from next month. Two million euro has been spent on the Reginald Bar which is due to reopen on November 8th.Recruitment is currently underway for bar, floor, kictchen and security staff as well as bands and musicians.Manager Donal O'Brien says the new Reg has something for everyone.

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/191882-new-look-reg-set-to-open-in-waterford-next-month-wlrfmnews.html

applyed for there havent heard anything back. a bit pissed off at hearing nothing back from any jobs in applyed for

PTH2009 wrote: »
    applyed for there havent heard anything back.

Make sure you check your email. I got an email from them this morning about an interview, but no phone call.

• Advertisement

Kizzles wrote: »
    Make sure you check your email. I got an email from them this morning about an interview, but no phone call.

no email either. maybe im not pretty enough to work there. Employers want experienced staff but how can one get can experience if they never can get a job at the start. Jobsbridge seem impossible to get onto

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shnoo_shnoo

Anybody get asked to an instore assesment for debenhams ?

Anybody get asked to an instore assesment for debenhams ?

Yeah I went for it today. Start of it is a group interview, then they ask you to sell them something, then the one on one interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Sorry guys but as far as I'm aware I thought all business were legally obliged to reply to any CV's or applications received. Where I work I was told not to accept them until there was a position because every one would have to replied to.

Yeah I went for it today. Start of it is a group interview, then they ask you to sell them something, then the one on one interview.

Awesome hope it went well for you, how did you find it ? Was there many in the group? Where you there long ? I'd say they've a lot of people to go through :(

wish that was true about them having to reply, it certainly makes you feel like crap :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

wish that was true about them having to reply, it certainly makes you feel like crap :/

Keep the chin up. Keep trying. I know it is prob easier said than done. wish I could help the only place I heard of recently was as Santas helper up no the train in rathwood. Something will eventually turn up I hope. ;)

Awesome hope it went well for you, how did you find it ? Was there many in the group? Where you there long ? I'd say they've a lot of people to go through :(

Went well enough:) it was grand, standard interview questions. Make sure you know a few of their designers and their main competitors before you go in. About 8 of us in the group. The group stuff took about 15 minutes and then after that you just have to wait to be called, but you might be waiting a while if your name is near the end of the list

Went well enough:) it was grand, standard interview questions. Make sure you know a few of their designers and their main competitors before you go in. About 8 of us in the group. The group stuff took about 15 minutes and then after that you just have to wait to be called, but you might be waiting a while if your name is near the end of the list

Sounds good :) Best of luck with it seems like they're interviewing a good few if there was 8 in your group alone ..:/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Three.ie are looking for part time workers for christmas.

apply here http://login.amris.com/wizards/three_roi_internet/vacancyView.php?requirementId=42059&jId=44

Advertisement