Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heard of britishfairtraders?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ligusz

so even the UK bank cannot recall the money if the transaction is fresh - couple of hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 gadgetman101

well i have a police man in England on the case at the moment and our chap put 5 new tractors on gumtree last night i have been in touch with them and they tell me they have removed the adds, if you get in touch with me i will tell you all i have at the moment <snip>
    and report it to the police here tonight if you havent all ready.and here is the address of the man dealing with gumtree he will need the adds ref no to help him <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ligusz wrote: »
    so even the UK bank cannot recall the money if the transaction is fresh - couple of hours?

Time has nothing to do with it. You gave him the money, and the bank has no reason to reverse the payment. All they can do is ask the recipient to return it, but they probably won't do that, as it's really nothing to do with them.
    well i have a police man in England on the case at the moment and our chap put 5 new tractors on gumtree last night i have been in touch with them and they tell me they have removed the adds, if you get in touch with me i will tell you all i have at the moment <snip>
    and report it to the police here tonight if you havent all ready.and here is the address of the man dealing with gumtree he will need the adds ref no to help him <snip>

I removed the email addresses, for spam reasons and also I don't know if the Gumtree person want's his email posted publicly.

As for the Police, it's very doubtful that they are spending a whole lot of time on this. By all means, do report it, but don't go expecting anything major, and certainly not your money back.

i have to say Jor el You are full of hope arnt you, you seem to like knocking all the time i am very happy to speak to anyone who has been hurt by this person and i dont want anyone else hurt so if we all get together and ask the police both here and england it all helps to increase the potencial of the problem and i wont let it go easly.

All the time? You can tell that from 2 posts can you? I could make ill informed comments about you based on the hand full of posts in this thread, but it would probably be bullsh*t too.

The simple fact is that this kind of low value fraud, especially when committed in another country, is going to have a very low priority for the police, in either country. You can report it if you like, but don't be holding out for some sort of result.

If people want to contact you directly, they can use the PM facility, which is why I removed your email, and someone else's who isn't even here to give consent for their email address to be posted on a public forum.

• Advertisement

Thank you jor el for removing the mail addresses i can see your point of view on that, but i would like to get anyone with any contact with britishfairtrade to contact me and just may be we can work together in a civil and or privite acton on this person, and make people aware of them, i will be intouch with the IFA tommorow as well as FBD the farmers insurance people and i intend to make life hell for this fraduster any way possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

If you google britishfairtraders now, this thread is at the top of google, so it is quite possible that the owner of the site has looked at this thread. Therefore I would probably recommend that you don't post what you are planning to do or how you are planning to do it, such as requesting someone to string them along.

Adding British Fair Traders, with spaces, in case someone searches for the company with spaces, as this thread does not currently show up on google with spaces in the search.

thank you randomer for you help that makes sence, i have to be honest i am viewing all new people with suspecion so please forgeve me if im vague with you.

Well gents and ladies he is at it all week 5 posts on tuesday (removed) 2 on wednesday and 3 on trursday so he is been persistant i contacted my police man friend and he is still with us he says, not that i expect to get my money but to stop this person i taught that gumtree would have locked him out at this stage. i wonder why not ?

and there all up again so help is needed help me string this chap along go for the purches and dont part with money but make him thing you want the trator help me stop this person at any means. for your and my sake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 misio82

I gave up to deceive the www.britishfairdeals.com
    Now what I do, I was at a police station. can somehow come out of this?
    help me please

Tell us what happened please? and what you have done and how much for what?

Tell us what happened please? and what you have done and how much for what?

I paid for the car and suddenly everything is gone, my account on the site and money. and would be so beautifully, nice car and now the only trouble, I do not know what to do? or regain the money?

You'll never get the money back. You were conned. There's really not a lot you can. Even reporting it to the Police is probably not going to get anywhere. It's not what you want to hear, I'm sure, but it's time to face reality. The money is gone, and the car doesn't exist.

jor el wrote: »
    You'll never get the money back. You were conned. There's really not a lot you can. Even reporting it to the Police is probably not going to get anywhere. It's not what you want to hear, I'm sure, but it's time to face reality. The money is gone, and the car doesn't exist.

I do not believe that nothing can be done, why is there this webside, should it not be. This is fraud and you need this fight.

Check your private messages

misio82 wrote: »
    I do not believe that nothing can be done, why is there this webside, should it not be. This is fraud and you need this fight.

Do as gadgetman says, contact the police and give them the details, but realistically you're not going to get anywhere, and you won't get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nialler123

I have been doing a check on www.britishdealers.com as some guy in the UK posted a car ad for sale on gumtree, but the ad was removed the following day, but i wanted to see if was genuine. (€6000 for an 06 audi a4 cabriolet). he wants me to do the deal through the above site. I will not be doing any such thing. here is part of the correspondance:

The 2006 Audi A4 1.8T Cabrio is in great condition. The car has very little mileage 46027 km, it doesn't have any technical problem at all, it has never been crashed, or scratched. All technical inspections were made at authorized Audi dealer. I've also got the service book too. The car doesn't have any finance owed on it. I lived in Ireland until one month ago when I came back to England where I have a small business with my brother here. I brought the car here with me.
    I am in desperate need of a utility car here right now, which is more suitable for my kind of activity now, that's why I decided to sell it that fast. The car was bought by me from Ireland and is still register in Ireland. My last price is 6000 EUR.

Let me know if you are interested in buying, we can find a way to send the car back to Ireland.

I would really love to come back to Ireland these days, but its almost impossible since I'm very busy right now and i'm going to leave for a two week period in about three days. You are more than welcome to come here and inspect the car by yourself but I need to know for sure if we have a deal or not. I saw the company recommended on a gumtree page at: http://www.gumtreebestdeals.com/recommended_service/ so I think their service can be trusted and secure as well.

I can send the car by using a delivery company nearby, to which I won't have to pay anything, we have a trade service agreement since I can use their service for my company and they are also using my services for a while now.

The 2006 Audi A4 1.8T Cabrio is exactly as new, I have nothing to hide, you can do a complete mechanical check when will receive it and see it has absolutely no problem at all, I agree to any mechanical check. You can send the company half of the money and the other half after you have agreed to keep the car and the seven day verification period ends. After they confirm me the payment has been made (3000EUR), I will immediately send the A4 to your specified address. I think it will take up to two days for the A4 to arrive to you.

Remember, you are fully secured this way, since we're dealing with a company which is highly recommended and you will send the money to them and not to me directly. I will receive the money only after you receive the car and you decide to keep it, not any time sooner.
    Their website is: www.britishdealers.com
    Send me your registered username so we can start the transaction.
    ,Steve

My current address is: I HAVE LEFT THE ADDRESS OUT. I can be reached at: I HAVE LEFT THE TEL NUMBER OUT. you can write over the email if too busy and not being able to answer the phone. You can also text me to the phone if too busy to answer (so I can recognize the number) and I'll try to get back to you later.
    The car has been fully paid for, it doesn't have any outstanding finance.
    I am prepared to deliver the car to your address back in Ireland once I receive the confirmation from the company. You realize off course I won't send the car back to Ireland for sale if it would have any outstanding finance on the car or if the car would have any problem at all. You are free to test the car and verify if for a whole week once the car arrives to you before deciding to keep it or return it to me.
    As I told you earlier I have nothing to hide, i'm trying to get the car sold, but i'm unable to come to Ireland right now. I'm not into getting a huge profit from selling the car.
    The road tax costs €530 and its part of the 1701-1800cc group. The car is parked at my mom's place, some 60 miles from here (she has enough garage over there) so i'll make some pictures tomorrow if I won't be that busy during the day.
    I think there is no risk involved here since the company has been highly recommended, is safe to make business with and they are controlled by the government as I found lately. I will only receive the money after you receive the car, verify it and decide to keep it.
    You are more than welcome here to come and inspect the car by yourself, however I have someone else very interested to buy the car aswell, so one way or the other, the car will be sold the next week.
    Just let me know as soon as you decide. This is a quick sale so I appreciate a quick answer. Let me know your username on the company's website so I can start the transaction if you have decided.

All i will say is "if it sounds too good to be true, it normally is"

would you be kind enough to send me the address and phone number to me privatly please as i have a person looking into this thank you for all your help.

Thanks Nialler123 for that i make sure it makes its way to the right hands in england.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Nialler123

I've been busy chasing this up, so to summarise, please read the fraud report that was done for me by Bob Bear..

http://www.bobbear.co.uk/british-trades-deals.html

Nialler123 wrote: »
    I've been busy chasing this up, so to summarise, please read the fraud report that was done for me by Bob Bear..

http://www.bobbear.co.uk/british-trades-deals.html

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :)

Things are quit here at the moment. But they are not dead yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Any further news on these turkeys?

no nothing at the moment

Advertisement