Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats your games for the rest of the year?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Sraw

I still can't get over the lack of enthusiasm for Brutal Legend on this thread. To each their own I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭hinduhamster

I liked Bad Company, so I'll cough up for Bad Company 2 (Though it's taking a "serious" edge now).

Sorely tempted by Fat Princess....sounds so ridiculos and getting good reviews that I'll prob get a copy.

Sadly I'm one of those people who have never played Final Fantasy VII. For €10 I think I could make the splash.

Those are the 3 on my horizon. I tend to wait a few months after the 'big & well reviewed' games come out to let them drop in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Batman (Limited edition for the Batarang :D )
    Uncharted 2
    COD:MW2
    FIFA 10 and/or Pro Evo 10 :confused:
    Ratchet & Clank: Crack in Time
    MAG
    Just Cause 2

PSP GO!
    -Socom FTB3
    -Resident Evil Portable
    -MGS Pathwalker

I still have Resistance 2, Fallout 3, Resident Evil 5, Infamous and Prototype to complete so I'm hoping some of these games get pushed back. Its tough when you're addicted to Socom: Confrontation and can't get it out of your drive :P!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

noodler wrote: »
    I tought Fallout would be a smller IP and I intended to get that early on but then EG, among others, made it their GOTY.

I picked up the collector's edition of Fallout 3 on an impulse because I loved the lunchbox and had read some of the reviews. The one thing that had made me wary was that I had rented Oblivion and couldn't get into it for some reason. I'm so glad I bought Fallout though, it's one of my favourite games ever now. I'm hoping something like that happens me this year. If not I guess I'll just have to stick with the Fallout DLC :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Defiantes:
    Modern Warfare 2
    Battlefield 3 (being aching to get this when the PS3 gets fixed)
    Uncharted 2

Maybe:
    Assassins Creed 2 (The original one has me in doubt)
    Bad Company 2
    Arkham Asylum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

Uncharted 2
    Brutal Legend
    Rat & Clank, Crack

Too a lesser degree:
    MAG
    Fat Princess

You never know with online game play, I am not good, so if I get shot down every 5 seconds, I'm not gonna like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Sraw wrote: »
    I still can't get over the lack of enthusiasm for Brutal Legend on this thread. To each their own I guess.

Problem with BL for me is that it's bound to be witty and funny, but it looks like a really boring, drab game. Tim Schaffer should have made this into a film, not a game. It looks like gameplay was the last thing on his mind with this title I'm afraid.

Anyway, MAG & MW2 look like they'll occupy my time this year along with GT on the PSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I didn't realise MAG was out this year, I'll have to pick that up.

Just an FYI for the people that mentioned Red Dead Redemption and Bioshock 2 have both been pushed back to early 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Modern Warfare 2
    FIFA
    PES
    Red Dead Redemption
    Assassin's Creed 2
    Uncharted 2

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm hoping GT5 will be out before the end of the year, but it's possibly a long shot.

Other than that, Colin McRae DiRT2, FIFA/PES 2010 (either or both) and maybe Uncharted 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

iv lost my passion for pes

so Uncharted 2 all the way,looks freaken sweet

for any ps3 owners who havent played the first one,buy it

you wont regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

byte wrote: »
    I'm hoping GT5 will be out before the end of the year, but it's possibly a long shot.

I was looking at Play.com last week to pencil in games I reckon i'm getting, along with their release dates. At the time GT5 was down as a Sept 25th release......just looked on play now......it says Dec 4th! :rolleyes:

My guaranteed buys are:

Operation Flashpoint 2 (If I live to see its release)
    Modern Warfare 2

Possibles:

PES 10 (if they get their act together)
    Tiger Woods 10
    Uncharted 2 (I really must get round to playing my copy of Uncharted first though)
    GT5 (again if its out)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Fizman wrote: »
    I was looking at Play.com last week to pencil in games I reckon i'm getting, along with their release dates. At the time GT5 was down as a Sept 25th release......just looked on play now......it says Dec 4th! :rolleyes:

My guaranteed buys are:

Operation Flashpoint 2 (If I live to see its release)
    Modern Warfare 2

Possibles:

PES 10 (if they get their act together)
    Tiger Woods 10
    Uncharted 2 (I really must get round to playing my copy of Uncharted first though)
    GT5 (again if its out)
    I've pre-ordered GT5 on Amazon for ~£24 delivered.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Gran-Turismo-5-PS3/dp/B002BWONDK/ (found on Bargain Alerts forum.. dunno if it'll be rejected as a misprice).

Problem with BL for me is that it's bound to be witty and funny, but it looks like a really boring, drab game. Tim Schaffer should have made this into a film, not a game. It looks like gameplay was the last thing on his mind with this title I'm afraid.

It's either going to suck big time, like you said. Or be totally amazing.
    It could be the best title of 2009, or it could be the disappointment of the year, there is no middle way.
    We will see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Just wish there was going to be a Tom Clancy RSV3 but it looks like there is not going to be :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tuffenuff

dj hero definatley, this game looks and sounds so cool!

www.djhero.com

Modern Warfare 2
    GTA 4 DLC sounds good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

MW2
    Uncharted 2,
    Dirt2,
    Beatles Rock Band :P

And MAG if its out

Batman AA looks pretty cool too.
    New movie here: http://fidgit.com/archives/2009/08/batman_trailer_gives_you_a_tas.php

Advertisement