Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Speeding Ticket NI

• 23-05-2007 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Hows it going,

I work in Ireland for a UK company, that requires me to drive a lease car from England (yellow reg). I got caught speeding by a camera in Belfast. The company got a ticket and had to give the police in NI my details.

What happens now does anyone know?

I'm guessing I wont get any points, but will have to pay a fine...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Ya, as your company got the letter you will need to ay the fine, otherwise a company director may be responsiable! If you have an Irish license you won't get points.

O, and I'll give it ten minutes until the high horse, "you should'nt have been speeding" brigade get here.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

I know, they'd be right too ;)

Yeh there was no mention of a fine in the ticket, they just said that they wanted the details of the driver.

I'd say they will probably send it to my house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I know, they'd be right too ;)

Yeh there was no mention of a fine in the ticket, they just said that they wanted the details of the driver.

I'd say they will probably send it to my house.

Yeah they might send it to the house.If they dont then just keep shut about it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Getting caught in NI does not even give you pionts in the rest of the UK , I doubt you will get pionts in the republic
    There has been much debate in the Republic about how
    effective penalty points have been, and there are still some
    IT difficulties to be dealt with. Nonetheless, the system is
    in place. The penalty point system in Northern Ireland is
    different from that in England, Scotland andWales. In the
    United Kingdom, there are two separate systems; one
    system in England, Scotland and Wales and another system
    in Northern Ireland. Clearly, we see a need for co-ordination.
    We are not arguing that this be approached on a
    UK-basis immediately. It can be done as a stand-alone
    measure between both jurisdictions, North and South, in an
    attempt to change driver behaviour, and we will pressure
    both Governments on the matter in the coming months.

By the way lads keep whoever this lad is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Zambia232 wrote:
    Getting caught in NI does not even give you pionts in the rest of the UK , I doubt you will get pionts in the republic

By the way lads keep whoever this lad is out.
    It is a bit funny alright. I had an NI licence but when I did direct access in England for my full motorbike licence I had to replace my NI licence for a normal UK one.

I knew there was DVLA & DVLA NI but I did not realise the separation even went as far as peno point. This is good news, now I can speed on the whole Island! Not that I would of course....

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

DVLA NI is closing or closed. Transferring to Swansea.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement