Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hershey's Reese's Cups

• 12-06-2004 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭

I just bought a packet of these in a newsagents in Cork. I'd never tried them before, but I think that they are feckin' tasty

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I concur.
    What are even nicer However, are the Reese's mini bites (Malteser sized version). Have never seen them here though, only in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

A lot of Hershey's things are incredible - and they seem to be spreading into most Dublin newsagents now, which is a vast improvement from the rare sight of them in shops only a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd just finished reading a great book on the history of Mars and Hersheys called "The Chocolate Wars" by Joel Glen Brenner. Very interesting. Apparently up to a few years ago Hersheys had made no serious efforts to start selling their products abroad, and concentrated instead on being the No 1 seller in America.

Though having tasted those lovely reese's cups, I'm going back for another packet or two tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I dunno, I'm not too big a fan of the cups, too much peanut butter. :) And the chocolate they use in Hershey's Kisses is just awful! But some of the other stuff is good though, like the white chocolate bar with little dark chocolate biscuits in it.. I forget the name.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

No, I like the peanut butter thing. Because there's nothing else like it I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Cookies 'n' cream = white chocolate with biscuits in it. Now, if only I could get them here...in Spain. Oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

I got a cardboard box full of them recently - lovely stuff compared to most confectionery nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Anybody know if they change their chocolate for the foreign markets? Had Hersheys chocolate one time. Get a block of lard and sprinkle some coco over it & you'll get an idea of the taste/texture. Americans aren't known for their chocolate, and for good reason.

Advertisement