Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IPL 2014

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

great innings by pujara, anchoring it like that :D

Every team needs an anchor like Pujara:pac::pac:

Considering how messy the Mumbai Indians look this season they'll be kicking themselves for letting Maxwell go.......must rank as one of the worst management decisions of all time:(.....in their defence it must be said that they did win the IPL and Champions League last year without playing Maxwell much in the eleven:confused::confused:

Kings XI bowling remains a concern...will be interesting to see how they defend.....Johnson needs to start earning his keep

Kings XI look good but are they already over reliant on Maxwell and Miller?

Most teams run out of steam after the early matches but RCB and Kings XI look the teams to beat this year......I am going to wait and see how CSK do tomorro before I write them off....not getting the same vibes off them like the previous seasons......too many changes and if Bravo is injured they'll really struggle

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

booth70 wrote: »

Considering how messy the Mumbai Indians look this season they'll be kicking themselves for letting Maxwell go.......must rank as one of the worst management decisions of all time:(.....in their defence it must be said that they did win the IPL and Champions League last year without playing Maxwell much in the eleven:confused::confused:

Kings XI bowling remains a concern...will be interesting to see how they defend.....Johnson needs to start earning his keep

Most teams run out of steam after the early matches but RCB and Kings XI look the teams to beat this year......I am going to wait and see how CSK do tomorro before I write them off....not getting the same vibes off them like the previous seasons......too many changes and if Bravo is injured they'll really struggle

What I will say about Pujara he deserves a chance at ODI cricket for sure, his List A stats are super and surely enough is enough with rahene in that format?

He does not look like a 20/20 player at the moment, sadly although hopefully he can adopt like Dravid, he knew he did not have the power but he picked off singles and picked holes in the field to get boundaries.

Sehwag should also be a concern for Punjab, not exactly at his peak these days.

Johnson is just back from injury, so I would back him to get his form back, he was a beast last year for Mumbai lets not forget. Bailey has not had a bat yet, and he also do savage things in this format and of course they have Perera and Marsh waiting to come im:)

Chennai? The batting with Smith and MC Cullum looks monstrous, they have no need to play Faf, Henry is decent and Hilfy had a solid big bash so either one of them or both should come in if Bravo is injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Kings 11 reminds me of RCB of last year and previous. Awesome batting line up with Gayle, AB De, Kohli and to an extent Dilshan but very poor bowling which cost so many games.

I can't wait for Kings 11 to bat first and watch Miller, Maxwell batting together.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Kings 11 reminds me of RCB of last year and previous. Awesome batting line up with Gayle, AB De, Kohli and to an extent Dilshan but very poor bowling which cost so many games.

I can't wait for Kings 11 to bat first and watch Miller, Maxwell batting together.

hope your watching them now. unbelievable stuff.

Supposedly bowling yorkers towards the end is not aggressive wicket taking bowling according to Ramiz.:(:rolleyes::mad:

fail.

Maxwell had luck but just so much fun to watch. Snobs will sneer and say he is merely smashing average bowlers on small pitches and their would be some truth in that, but its still incredible hitting and incredible strike rate.

Pujara still needs so much work in this format, but I definitely seen some promising signs, needs work of course but their is hope.

Anyways think they could get close to this, Punjabs bowling is meh on paper.

• Advertisement

I was watching the interview thing he did before the match. He reckons of he wasn't a cricketer he may have ended up as a pro golfer. Good hand eye coordination and all that. Would probably be a good baseball player

He has got lots of slagging over the years but fantastic performance from Balaji, three massive wickets, Warner, Finch and Sammy.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

hope your watching them now. unbelievable stuff.

Shame it didn't last long. Maxwell is just unbelievable.
    Rjd2 wrote: »
    Supposedly bowling yorkers towards the end is not aggressive wicket taking bowling according to Ramiz.:(:rolleyes::mad:

fail..

Ian Bishop couldn't stop laughing, Ramiz completely ****ed it up and tried to make some argument out of nothing but he just made it worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭saucers82

I have a fleeting interest in IPL but would like to watch the other game. Last night ITV4 was geoblocked. who shows it in ireland or is it available at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

saucers82 wrote: »
    I have a fleeting interest in IPL but would like to watch the other game. Last night ITV4 was geoblocked. who shows it in ireland or is it available at all?

Youtube channel gocricket shows it live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Anyone see the pitch for RCB vs KKR? It looks like marble!

RCB are to the IPL what South Africa are to international cricket:pac:

If Yuvraj was hopeless as usual today AB was trying to be too smart for his own good......too overconfident#

......and was that the greatest or most freakish catch of ALL time by Chris Lynn:):)

RCB are to the IPL what South Africa are to international cricket:pac:

If Yuvraj was hopeless as usual today AB was trying to be too smart for his own good......too overconfident#

That was frustrating to watch. Yuvraj just going sooo slow, and refusing easy 2 runs on a few occasions.
    AB dancing all over the place :mad:

contrast that with maxwell (granted he's in the form of his life and has gotten lucky) who, apart from the occasional reverse sweep, just stands still and hits the ball.

That was frustrating to watch. Yuvraj just going sooo slow, and refusing easy 2 runs on a few occasions.
    AB dancing all over the place :mad:

contrast that with maxwell (granted he's in the form of his life and has gotten lucky) who, apart from the occasional reverse sweep, just stands still and hits the ball.

........And what about Albie Morkel......a renowned big hitter who has gone from bad to worse in the last year......could not understand what his role in the South African team was at the T20 World Cup........no surprises that CSK let him go.....likely to be his last IPL I reckon unless he produces something big soon

........And what about Albie Morkel......a renowned big hitter who has gone from bad to worse in the last year......could not understand what his role in the South African team was at the T20 World Cup........no surprises that CSK let him go.....likely to be his last IPL I reckon unless he produces something big soon

He is an all rounder in the Daniel Christian and Andre Russell sense. ;)

They were at least a batsman light today, Starc is 7 is silly, Would be a little concerned in future if they play Dinda and Murali as well. Dinda is awful, while sadly Murali is finished.

Gayle coming back will be a plus for them, they still look quite formidable however, Kolkata need Uthapa or Gambhir to fire soon, beginning to give up on Yusuf sadly.

Was impressed with Chennai last few games as well, dropping Nehra was sensible, Hilfy and Pandey have done well.
    I will say the chase yesterday was awful, so much slogging and little patience, Watson bloody captain biggest culprit.

Kings XI , CSK , KKR and RCB look likely to be the 4 semi-finalists......

Warner , Dhawan and Finch need to get their fingers out and make some runs for the Sunrisers......they look like the definite wooden spooners to me

Sanju Samson looks a class player for the RR's but Watto needs to open the batting and make some runs

KP coming back may not make a huge difference to the DD's but would be happy to be proved wrong:)......would be great to watch if he can get going:)

MI look a complete mess this season and if they lose to CSK today it's time to write them off

Kolkata need Uthapa or Gambhir to fire soon, beginning to give up on Yusuf sadly.

Warney once said that Pathan's century in the IPL a few years ago was the greatest one day innings he had ever witnessed!!!!?????? :confused::confused:

He really said that believe me!!!!!!

Sadly.....Pathan's career has gone downhill ever since!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Pathan is in the same class as Yuvraj, completely overrated and a slogger who more often than not slogs it to a fielder while on a low score. When the pressure is on the last person you would want in your team is Yuvraj, he wont get dropped as a T20 player though. I would imagine Kohli just wants to kill him at this stage.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Pathan is in the same class as Yuvraj, completely overrated and a slogger who more often than not slogs it to a fielder while on a low score. When the pressure is on the last person you would want in your team is Yuvraj, he wont get dropped as a T20 player though. I would imagine Kohli just wants to kill him at this stage.

Yuvraj is struggling but he was a gun for India for so long. Absolute big game player and always did well for India at world cups.

Yusuf along with Irfan had potential but both look finished, shame as Irfan especially looked a great all rounder.

Delhi look alot better with KP and De Kock, rather than Ross Taylor and Jimmy Neesham (another in the Albie vein)

Delhi look alot better with KP and De Kock, rather than Ross Taylor and Jimmy Neesham (another in the Albie vein)
    Nah, I have seen Jimmy score some runs:P

Shame his bowling is very pie orientated though.

RCB in tatters at 17/5......here's a chance for Albie to earn his keep:)

RCB in tatters at 17/5......here's a chance for Albie to earn his keep:)

Some savage hitting from Albie

7 of 12 and out

Lads if you get a chance youtube it, some truly monster hitting as usual.

Some savage hitting from Albie

7 of 12 and out

Lads if you get a chance youtube it, some truly monster hitting as usual.

:D:D

Yep....twas a good knock!!

Come on Albie....time for a 4 for 6 in 4 overs now;)

Unlikely to play another IPL match I reckon

What a brain fade that was from Maxwell:confused:

He can do that sadly.

Also no duck for Gambhir today,:)

• Advertisement

Stick a fork in Yusuf

He is finished.

Advertisement