Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone know the song in this vine?

https://vine.co/v/hpJdTDAupQV

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sewizzle

There is a songs from the Scrubs soundtrack that sounds exactly like a part in "Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran from 1:16 - 1:20 on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlNQD98lfUY. It's been bugging me all day. Please help. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭jasonb

sewizzle wrote: »
    There is a songs from the Scrubs soundtrack that sounds exactly like a part in "Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran from 1:16 - 1:20 on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlNQD98lfUY. It's been bugging me all day. Please help. Thanks!

Two suggestions I can think of: Either 'Tell Her This' by Del Amitri or something by The Shins or Cary Brothers as Zach Braff uses them a lot...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sewizzle

jasonb wrote: »
    Two suggestions I can think of: Either 'Tell Her This' by Del Amitri or something by The Shins or Cary Brothers as Zach Braff uses them a lot...

J.

Thanks! I figured it out. Ugh it wasn't in Scrubs. I don't know why I thought it. It's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4!!! SO RELIEVED to find that song.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Master.

Hi Folks and Fecks.
    I only have a few lyrics from the song i want to know. they go like,

I WAS IN LOVE WITH A SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD AND SHE DIED OF A BURNING IN HER CHEST.

Think its an Irish song and it may be live, sounded like Glen Hansard but i might be wrong.

It was on live drive this morning but i didnt have time to wait and hear who it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Amybody know the song from the current Google Play ad on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whats this song/music in background??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Bit of a long shot here, but was anyone listening to TodayFm last night. Any idea of the song played just after The Orbs Little Fluffy Clouds just after midnight.

Have contacted them my self, but no response yet, and unfortunately cant be listened to on their play/listen back feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭endakenny

Who sang the song that is used for the trailer for "Super Garden", which starts on Thursday 1 May on RTÉ One?

The chorus of the song goes like this:

Oh Oh Oh Oh Ah Ay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

endakenny wrote: »
    Who sang the song that is used for the trailer for "Super Garden", which starts on Thursday 1 May on RTÉ One?

The chorus of the song goes like this:

Oh Oh Oh Oh Ah Ay.

I think I saw that ad during the week, and I think (and from your description) it's this (What'll I Do by Lisa Hannigan):

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Siobhers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Anyone else see the BBC World Service Television segway that advertise "In Pictures"?
    They show thematic photos from around the world - I really like the tune. It sounds African with copious use of a xylophone.

What is the tune?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Anyone know what the song is @ 36.45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahmb20dig64

Pretty sure its a female UK artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cordy4fashion

apc wrote: »
    Hi I have been try with out success to find the song that has the first line

"i speak my mind and i dont care, i express myself with a devils stare, i tell you i'm no angel"

I have tried all the lyric search engines and google to no avail.
    Any help would be appreciated as its driving me a little nuts:)

hi,
    is this the song?
    Dave James & Keith Beauvais - Bad Girl

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

does anyone know this pop song (i think it's either popular at the moment or was in the past few years) the lyrics go something like "i'll be yours and you'll be m-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ne"
    i heard it on the valleys the other day i can't get it out of my head

edit: it was definitely a female voice, maybe more than one person singing

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Was it Toothpaste Kisses by The Maccabbees? Although that's a male singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

Was it Toothpaste Kisses by The Maccabbees? Although that's a male singer.

no definitely not the maccabees, thanks though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JamesDoyle593

Anyone know the background music on this video:

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JamesDoyle593

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

I need help with a song please!
    I think it's a Romanian song, it's played in my gym and it's dancey. I'm guessing it's Romanian because the instructor is Romanian. I don't speak Romanian but the lyrics say something like "lee-ka" and it's a woman singing, then a man starts to song at the second half of the song. There's a lot of whispery "hiiiiii yaaaaa" too. It's relatively slow for a dance song, and I think it's quite a popular song if that helps?
    I don't have very high hopes with this but if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I need help with a song please!
    I think it's a Romanian song, it's played in my gym and it's dancey. I'm guessing it's Romanian because the instructor is Romanian. I don't speak Romanian but the lyrics say something like "lee-ka" and it's a woman singing, then a man starts to song at the second half of the song. There's a lot of whispery "hiiiiii yaaaaa" too. It's relatively slow for a dance song, and I think it's quite a popular song if that helps?
    I don't have very high hopes with this but if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it!!

Doesn't ring a bell, would the instructor know?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

Anyone know the song off the Visit Malta (i think) ad being played recently? Upbeat song with a saxophone

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

Anyone know the name of the song in this advert? Im stumped.

Does anyone else remember the 2004 European election ad that was controversial because it showed a woman breastfeeding her baby?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/britain-bans-bare-nipple-from-eu-ad-148551.html

Who sang the song that was featured on that ad? The lyrics included "drive your buicks to the moon".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭droidman123

endakenny wrote: »
    Does anyone else remember the 2004 European election ad that was controversial because it showed a woman breastfeeding her baby?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/britain-bans-bare-nipple-from-eu-ad-148551.html

Who sang the song that was featured on that ad? The lyrics included "drive your buicks to the moon".

Buicks to the moon by Alan Jackson?

Buicks to the moon by Alan Jackson?

No. The song that was played on the 2004 European election ad was not of the country and western genre.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Recent song with a flute in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Does anyone know the name of the song on the older "sport on itv channel" there is the itv soprt ad that is shown these days but there 2 or 3 weeks ago there was one with a new enough song on it. I rthink it's david guetta.. the ad sowed clips of tennis, motor sport, etc. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Royce McCutcheon

Anyoone know the name of the song in the background of the RTE world cup coverage? when they are going back to studio and showing the group tables and the likes,Its kind of a brazilian dancy song?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Anyoone know the name of the song in the background of the RTE world cup coverage? when they are going back to studio and showing the group tables and the likes,Its kind of a brazilian dancy song?

Is it this? Heard it a few times on RTE's coverage.

Kasabian - Bow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KvzODoz7Ws

Advertisement