Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gopro lost

• 02-01-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi,
    I lost a go pro hero yesterday at the white strand, doonbeg. Co Clare.in the slim chance it comes to shore and some1 here finds it can you give me a shout. There is a big reward involved.
    Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

dude devestated for you hope it turns up. i've had a fin (swim fin) come off and be washed ashore later that day so you never know.

can i ask how it was mounted was it adhesive pad or the FCS plug? i ask as i/ve just got one and this has set off a few alarms !

good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

promethius wrote: »
    dude devestated for you hope it turns up. i've had a fin (swim fin) come off and be washed ashore later that day so you never know.

can i ask how it was mounted was it adhesive pad or the FCS plug? i ask as i/ve just got one and this has set off a few alarms !

good luck.

If you get a plug put in get a leash cup as well as that you can tie it to the board you need to just incase

If you get a plug put in get a leash cup as well as that you can tie it to the board you need to just incase

yes that's good advice. that's what i've done, the fcs insert and the leash plug beside it, don't think u can be careful enough with expensive little things like go pros :-)

was a good little mini project to do it myself, learned a few small things. did it on an old board so wasn't stressing about messing it up. turned out pretty well def a diy job for people to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭rothai

It was stuck on, I didn't have the leash connected,idiotically. its a long story but hadn't been intending to head out and then,Got the call. Hadn't got the leash, sure it won't come off if I use it just this one time without the leash :( ....ehhh yes it will

sorry to hear that must make it harder to take. i often wondered about the adhesive pad, would it be strong enough, i had a new tail pad on my board once and it slipped straight off in a session which had me thinking.

fingers crossed it turns up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Rather than having a leash plug glassed in get the glasser to install a resin loop. Much more discreet than the plug option if done right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/10/01/do-you-know-this-man-2/#comments

Just saw your post and found this on another boards topic.....probably not yours, but thought it might be worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭gerk86

It's handy to put your contact info in a text file on the SD card too.

Advertisement