Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is nice to live in Kildare??

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Wordless

I loved living in the Curragh Camp!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭you2008

n97 mini wrote: »
    Naas is probably the best all round town in the county.

A comparison of return rail fares:
    Maynooth to Connolly: €6.00 (Leap or IE smartcard)
    Sallins to Heuston: €14.40

Sorry to bring this post back to live, can someone please confirm the Sallins to Heuston is the same price as Maynooth to connolly now for the monthly short hop ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

you2008 wrote: »
    Sorry to bring this post back to live, can someone please confirm the Sallins to Heuston is the same price as Maynooth to connolly now for the monthly short hop ticket?

Yeah they are the same now at €152.00 for Adult Monthly Ticket.

pad199207 wrote: »
    Yeah they are the same now at €152.00 for Adult Monthly Ticket.

Many thanks Pad. That is a good news and make Naas even better to live.

you2008 wrote: »
    Many thanks Pad. That is a good news and make Naas even better to live.

No problem. What’s even better is that you can get to Connolly, Pearse and Grand Canal Dock on the new Phoenix Park Tunnel services for the same monthly price.
    Excellent if you were work in town.

• Advertisement

pad199207 wrote: »
    No problem. What’s even better is that you can get to Connolly, Pearse and Grand Canal Dock on the new Phoenix Park Tunnel services for the same monthly price.
    Excellent if you were work in town.

WOW - that is great :0. many thanks Pad :cool:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/train-services-to-start-using-phoenix-park-tunnel-next-week-1.2867661

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Much to rent in nass in general? How's maynooth?

zweton wrote: »
    Much to rent in nass in general? How's maynooth?

That’s the downfall, Naas, Maynooth and Celbridge are the most expensive to rent and buy in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jake_ryan_1986

Hi I'm currently thinking of buying in Maynooth, Leixlip or Cellbridge. I'm looking for a nice friendly safe area with little to no antisocial behaviour. I would love to hear your recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Hi I'm currently thinking of buying in Maynooth, Leixlip or Cellbridge. I'm looking for a nice friendly safe area with little to no antisocial behaviour. I would love to hear your recommendations.

I live in Maynooth and outside of the few estates that are mainly student estates (and the issue might be noise) it’s a safe family oriented town. Lots of good restaurants, supermarkets, very commutable to Dublin City, nice places to walk including canal, college and Carton estate.

• Advertisement

think about Naas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

I believe there is a "good" side to Newbridge (Naas side) and a "bad" side to Newbridge (Curragh side). Both are probably fine for many, but if you're someone who cares about that sort of thing it might be worth noting. The house prices will show you that. I would say the "bad" side isn't THAT bad at all.. Drive through the estates at both sides and you'll see what I mean. Some people complain about the accent but I'm used to it.

The Curragh camp was quite a depressing place unless you're looking for real countryside and want to move out to somewhere like Tully East near the Japanese Gardens. It's a 3-5 minute spin to the Kildare shopping village and the motorway. It's also nice to have the national stud down the road. The houses there need a bit of work though.

A lot of people I know would recommend Naas, Sallins, Maynooth, but the house prices there are quite high for a place outside the capital.

I would argue the problem with Monestrevin is that it's that bit further from Dublin. It's the last stop before you get into Portlaois. It's basically as far out as Carlow. I believe it's still well connected by train though.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

TP_CM wrote: »
    I believe there is a "good" side to Newbridge (Naas side) and a "bad" side to Newbridge (Curragh side). Both are probably fine for many, but if you're someone who cares about that sort of thing it might be worth noting. The house prices will show you that. I would say the "bad" side isn't THAT bad at all.. Drive through the estates at both sides and you'll see what I mean. Some people complain about the accent but I'm used to it.

The Curragh camp was quite a depressing place unless you're looking for real countryside and want to move out to somewhere like Tully East near the Japanese Gardens. It's a 3-5 minute spin to the Kildare shopping village and the motorway. It's also nice to have the national stud down the road. The houses there need a bit of work though.

A lot of people I know would recommend Naas, Sallins, Maynooth, but the house prices there are quite high for a place outside the capital.

I would argue the problem with Monestrevin is that it's that bit further from Dublin. It's the last stop before you get into Portlaois. It's basically as far out as Carlow. I believe it's still well connected by train though.

My BIL lives in Newbridge, me in Monasterevin. I used to do a bit of work with him in Dublin and both leaving our homes at the same time I would always arrive on site before him.

The traffic in Newbridge is dire. All well and good Newbridge having motorway links, no good if it takes 20 ins+ before you get on the motorway.

The train service in Newbridge is better than Monasterevin, but try find parking near the station or a seat on the train (pre covid).

You fight for your child to get a place in a Newbridge school.

Anything Newbridge has can be found a few miles down a near traffic free road in Portlaoise

And someone else said Monastervin has a crime/ vandalism problem. I've lived here over 20 years and never been a victim of crime, Someone tried to mug me in Newbridge and I was burgaled in Naas before moving here. I know which I prefer

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jake_ryan_1986

Does anyone live in Kilcock? Whats the village like and how is the commute to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭2011abc

`
    Id say the individual estate is more a variable than the town but Id rank them L , M , C .All those lovely restaurants in Maynooth are no use if they never reopen .Right now I wouldnt be betting the farm on a sit down meal in next 6 months .And its a terrible traffic bottleneck .But all three towns are lovely if youre in the right estate ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭scheister

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know what Cois Na Mona and Coill Dubh is like to live in?

Thanks

Advertisement