Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

valkyria chronicles 3 fan patch live

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,764 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

cfw'ing your PSP couldn't be easier now. All you do is pop a file on the memory card and then run it to set your psp up with temporary cfw. The PSP got hacked wide open when they got the security keys when the PS3 was hacked.

As for the translation, good to see a release but I'm going to wait until it's 100% finished. I heard the FF Type-0 fan translation is gearing up for a release as well although it won't be 100% just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,135 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    cfw'ing your PSP couldn't be easier now. All you do is pop a file on the memory card and then run it to set your psp up with temporary cfw. The PSP got hacked wide open when they got the security keys when the PS3 was hacked.

As for the translation, good to see a release but I'm going to wait until it's 100% finished. I heard the FF Type-0 fan translation is gearing up for a release as well although it won't be 100% just yet.

I thought it was 100 %!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,764 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think it's just the main story, lots of side stuff still needs to be added and they are hoping to implement translations to the DLC as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Valkyria Chronicles 3 getting good fan translation...*dusts off PSP*.

Can i play Japanese region PSP games on a EU PSP?...or does the cfw sort that out?

Its shame both Valkyria Chronicles 3 and FF Type-0 couldn't get an official EU release.

PSP is region free however you need cfw to run the fan translated game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I think it's just the main story, lots of side stuff still needs to be added and they are hoping to implement translations to the DLC as well.

So far it seems the main story missions and some side missions are translated, character bios are done (but the formatting is still all over the place). Some instances of item descriptions or names not translated but the other is (grenades name is still in Japanese but the description is in English, while some accesory items have names but no descriptions). Not encountered any of the DLC yet, but still only in Chapter 2. Encyclopedia articles and the Newspapers arent finished. Still enough is done to enjoy the main game and storyline.

As for the game itself, its good....damn good. Art in the story scenes is a massive improvement on VC2, cutscenes look amazing, have seen some reuse of levels from VC2 already, Shocktroopers are USEFUL in this (unlike VC1's slow moving snails), seems a better group of characters (unlike VC2's Anime-High School stereotype lineup).

I went ahead and bought the game from the japanese PSN in anticipation for a more complete fan patch. I just hope it doesn't take forever but if it does I'll crack and get this one. It's only 980 yen (about a tenner) on PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,135 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I went ahead and bought the game from the japanese PSN in anticipation for a more complete fan patch. I just hope it doesn't take forever but if it does I'll crack and get this one. It's only 980 yen (about a tenner) on PSN.

Is it realistic to think anyone is going to do their own version of the work the guys above have already done?

Surely the best hope for a 100% (side-quests included) is with the guys in the link above?

noodler wrote: »
    Is it realistic to think anyone is going to do their own version of the work the guys above have already done?

Surely the best hope for a 100% (side-quests included) is with the guys in the link above?

Those guys are still working on the patch apparently.

Advertisement