Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best James Bond

• 22-07-2002 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

We were talking about this in the pub the other night and someone actually agreed with my much derided assertion that Roger Moore is actually a 'better' bond than Connery.

Wait!

Dont smash the reply button in fury just yet. I prefer watching Sean Connery. Hes the better actor. However, Bond is an english upper class navy twit. Roger Moore for me, seems much more suited to the role. He looked and acted the part of an ex-etonian much more than connery. Connery looks like a bit of rough compared to him. Connery was cheeky, not suave. Agreed, Moores 'suave' is questionable, but its closer than sean ever got.

Personally i think Brosnan is the best of them.

edit: I know this has probably been done before, but i dont remember a poll on it. I also want to see what ppl think about the moore vs connery thing.

Your Favorite Bond 36 votes

Sean Connery
    0% 0 votes
    George Lazenby
    47% 17 votes
    Roger Moore
    13% 5 votes
    Timothy Dalton
    2% 1 vote
    Pierce Brosnan
    11% 4 votes
    Other/Atari Jaguar
    25% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Keep on Trekin

I think Dustaz would make the best Bond, posh arrogant and ignorant!!

He most likely can't get a woman into his bed without having to use one of his silly Gadgets.

Next in line would be Moore.

Connery is too Scottish to make a believable M-i6 agent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

How could i hope to compete with someone whos encyclopaedic knowledge of Star Trek is bound to have the ladies panting with wanton lust.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Wha tlunatic voted for Lazenby!!?
    Indeed, Moore would be the English upper class etonite, but Connery's just a better Bond!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Keep on Trekin

Originally posted by Dustaz
    bound to have the ladies panting with wanton lust.

I'm a woman you twit, but I could have mistaken you for a man darling!

But now that I comprehend you lust and desire after a handsome "Jammes Bond" I'm certain which side of the sexual gender you reside, honey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

Ha Ha!

Nice one trekker!

Connery is the best Bond

• Advertisement

thats nice. Have fun at your convention. K'plach. or whatever.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The problem with Roger Moore is that when he started playing Bond when he was 50. It's hard to have an action hero in a zimmer frame.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Ah it has to be connery. Moore was too big a pansy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This was the subject of a poll in Feburary (it seems like a lot longer ago...)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42339

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

thats nice. Have fun at your convention. K'plach. or whatever.

lol

Connory "pwnz" all :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I was always partial to the Timothy Dalton films. He played bond far more 'Straight' than Moore's jokey style, and he was the only one to ever fling Q across the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Timothy Dalton LOOKS the best bond. If you were to imagine what some MI6 agent was to look like i think the closeist would be Timothy Dalton. come on the rest of em are old or look like they have never killed a man.

Oh yes.. i did vote for him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Keep on Trekin

I'm a woman you twit, but I could have mistaken you for a man darling!

But now that I comprehend you lust and desire after a handsome "Jammes Bond" I'm certain which side of the sexual gender you reside, honey!

Haha. Nice one :) I guess the female icon was just too subtle for old Dustaz there?

BTW, I heard Bob Holness did a great Bond on BBC radio before the movies were ever made so I'm going to vote 'other' in honour of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Sean Connery is the best Bond, Goldfinger is the best Bond movie. Have to say tho, Brosnan is a superb Bond, definitely suited to the role.

Originally posted by Pigman

Haha. Nice one :) I guess the female icon was just too subtle for old Dustaz there?

So your a muppet then? if the hat fits....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

So your a muppet then? if the hat fits....

*sigh* So predictable Dustaz! :rolleyes:

I must go change my icon now before you make me cry you awful awful (?)man(?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Connery was the best Bond, then Brosnan was next. I liked some of Roger Moore's movies but I think he was far too old to play Bond.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think Dalton was one of the best, and Brosnan isn't too bad (dunno if it's just me, but he's kinda like the bastard progeny of all previous Bonds - bits of each in him!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

So Dustaz if the hat fits Then your some Dopey half-wit Con-artist Moderator/Lawyer?

. K'plach?

Connery was a better Bond, Moore was too soft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

Dusty , Are you attracted to the Bonds ?man?

• Advertisement

Whats a "Bonds?men?" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Dear God, how the devil did that ar$e George fag0tby get 4 votes?! Own up now you heathens :p

Sean Connery for me- he may not have been the best in looks or in ex-Etoniusness...but the overall package was undeniably good. Guys don't want to be pretty-boys like Dalton or ageing actors like Moore or Lazenby :)

Occy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i have to admit i like the roger moore films the best.
    i started to grow out of bond about the time timothy dalton started (And ended), but i do like pierce brosnan

and BJJ, if youre talking about avatars, then i dont think you can say much can you. i mean seriously.. lego...
    does your mother make you use safety scissors?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

connery, original and best. simple as that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Connery or Brosnan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Brosnan. He's got some of the best aspects of all of them rolled into one - he's able to switch between the humour and charm of Moore and the stony-eyed harshness of Dalton at will, and that makes for a very interesting performance.

The Moore films were arguably the most entertaining of the lot though, even if they did descend into farce at times.

Advertisement