Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got any good undercooked chicken stories?

• 08-06-2004 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

was at barbecue Sunday night and the chicken was medium

never eat chicken at barbecues anyway so was ok but a mate ate some had a dose of the ****es/puking Monday night/this morning

anyone got any good rare chicken tales?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I got some in the Canteen in college last month. I was grand for a day and then it all kicked off.

Without the grisly details, it was six days on the can with extreme suffering. I had to defer a college exam because of it.

Since then, every piece of chicken I eat gets a thorough inspection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Can we mention places by name, well hell, I'm going to.

Eddie Rockets on O'Connell St, Dublin.

Last summer I was in there with a girl I was seeing at the time. Anyway, she ordered those chicken strips they do, and as she tucked into her first one she found it was pink inside.

We complained to the manager, and he helpfully told us we didn't have to pay for them.

We asked him if he was prepared to do anything else, like maybe not charge us for fries, he said no, so we left the place, well tried to, he wanted us to pay for the rest of the food. We refused of course, and at first he got his Goons to try to make us pay, then he got the Guards involved. They let us leave though.

I have never stepped foot inside one of their establishments since.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I have a chicken and rice story but the chicken was well cooked.

I used to work late hours and would love to cook chickens with roast potatoes and yorkshire pudding. I did one night and ate the chicken and forgot to put the rest in the fridge. I went off to work and when I came back I decided to make stock from the chicken bones.

I boiled up the chicken and put some vegetables into the pot with the chicken and waited for the water to boil. Something dawned on me.... "Mmmm that rice in there looks good, yummy".

"Hang on, I don't remember putting rice into the stock."

"Erm, why is the rice moving..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

LOL! I think Gordon's one isn't going to be topped for a while...

My little story is that I went out one night, got extremely bastarded, and came home quite peckish. I looked in the fridge, and I found a peice of breaded chicken! How lovely, someone left me some chicken to heat up!

As far as I remember, I jammed it in the microwave for 2 minutes then ate it.

The next day I was questioned by my ma, asking if I had eaten the chicken that was in the fridge. Of course, I said I had, but my ma was looking very very worried, she asked me how I cooked it, and I said I just stuck it in the microwave. I was then informed that said chicken wasn't cooked.

Yep... I had just eaten some rather hot, but definetly very RAW chicken.

The scary thing was that I wasn't a bit ill afterwards. :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

horrible horrible christmas story..

my ma decided she was gonna cook a big family xmas dinner (only 5 in family) and we all brought someone with us.. i was helping her cut the meat when i smelled something not nice, presuming it was my da or one my brothers i continued and we all tucked in to a lovely dinner and had a great day.. until about 2 that morning.. lets just say there wasnt' enough toilets in the house :rolleyes:

couldn't even go drinking on stevens day or night.. all to busy nursing our sore bottoms :( ..sad sad day for drinkers when stevens day is missed.. ma and da were totally unaffected but complained about turkey and got t- bone steaks for their new years dinner.. we weren't asked to that one thank god..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

when ordering chicken in a restaurant it's fun to request it "rare" or "tartare" - just to see the waiter/waitress react

Advertisement