Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cycling Club question

Options
  • 31-03-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm quite involved in the local GAA club and know of a few people who cycle fairly regularly there. I'm not a member of any cycling club but was wondering are there any special requirements if I wanted to set up a cycling section within the GAA club? They already have walking groups and cards and the like. It's only an idea at this stage but I just thought getting a few like minded friends out for a spin might be fun.
    Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

Check out cycling Ireland link below,

http://www.cyclingireland.ie/page/membership/clubs/how-to-start-a-cycling-club

You could possibly get the GAA club to support it and affiliate with the cycling section that you want to start ????

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The first benefit to be aware of in terms of affiliating to CyclingIreland is that it automatically deals with the insurance issue. The IVCA have their own policy, but other than that I'm not sure what else is available to provide appropriate cover (both for club and members) within Ireland unless the GAA insurance would extend to cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭2x4

Has cycling come full circle? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycling_Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Rambling Man

2x4 wrote: »
    Has cycling come full circle? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycling_Ireland

My word, Monty Python's People's Front of Judea can't compare to Irish cycling's factional history.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kd82

Jabel wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I'm quite involved in the local GAA club and know of a few people who cycle fairly regularly there. I'm not a member of any cycling club but was wondering are there any special requirements if I wanted to set up a cycling section within the GAA club? They already have walking groups and cards and the like. It's only an idea at this stage but I just thought getting a few like minded friends out for a spin might be fun.
    Thoughts?

I know Clontarf Cycling Club did this recently. The club arose out of some GAA members but is independent of the club. Seems to be a good way to go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement