Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

J. J. Darboven coffee

• 15-02-2014 5:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

My dad used to buy coffee from this place in Dun Laoghaire a few years ago and we thought the coffee range was pretty good and it tasted fine too.

Now I've got my Aeropress and am more interested in coffee and coffee subscriptions, I'm now wondering if going to J. J. 's would be worth buying coffee from?

If anyone has prior experience with these, do you know if their coffee is just mass produced decent coffee or if they roast their own?

They're only about 30 minutes away from me so I'm now interested again as they could be useful for my coffee needs.

P. S. I don't work for J. J. Darboven

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

I regularly pick up a bag from their retail shop on Lower George's Street, Dun Laoghaire. You can get 500g bags of various "Origin" varieties for EUR15.

They also have other "stomach friendly" coffee etc..

It's probably not going to be as good as getting freshly roasted stuff, but it's a good deal better than the supermarket bags.

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Ah I see.

I guess I'll pick up a bag once a month just to have coffee on hand.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Was in that shop in Dun Laoghaire a couple of weeks ago, great selection of supplies and equipment for tea and coffee but several of the coffee bags were a bit too close to the 'best before' date. They are in an awful location, there's very little footfall at that end of George's St. From the bus stop at Argos down to the junction with York Road is deadville.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

coylemj wrote: »
    Was in that shop in Dun Laoghaire a couple of weeks ago, great selection of supplies and equipment for tea and coffee but several of the coffee bags were a bit too close to the 'best before' date. They are in an awful location, there's very little footfall at that end of George's St. From the bus stop at Argos down to the junction with York Road is deadville.

They have closed that shop now and are moving further up into the town (across from Penneys where Irish Nationwide used to be). It's going to be a café too.

davej

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,326 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

davej wrote: »
    They have closed that shop now and are moving further up into the town (across from Penneys where Irish Nationwide used to be). It's going to be a café too.

Great to hear that, I couldn't see them lasting much longer in that old spot. I guess rents are depressed in DL at the moment which probably helped them to make that move. The jeweller for example that use to be on the corner of Library Road moved up closer to the centre of town a while back, I'd say thanks to the low rents that must apply these days.

Advertisement