Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Erwin Schrödinger on Doodle of day

• 12-08-2013 9:59am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭

To celebrate the 126th birthday of Erwin Schrödinger, Google are honouring him with a doodle depicting his famous quantum theory cats. I never realised till awhile back that he had taught in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

He made huge contributions to how biologists carry out research.

Definitely worth a read

What is Life?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Get 'em while they're hot!

http://www.qwertee.com/

Not affiliated to Qwertee. Ordered mine earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Pegmatite

If you get a chance, have a look into why Schrodinger left the UK and came to Dublin. Shocking stuff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭4umbrellas

Interesting - he was in Dublin for close to 20 years and even became a naturalized Irish citizen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Fish Finger Pie

So you could say he was Austrian and Irish at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

So you could say he was Austrian and Irish at the same time?
    No, well not until you checked his passport.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

4umbrellas wrote: »
    Interesting - he was in Dublin for close to 20 years and even became a naturalized Irish citizen.
    How did I never hear about this before? Are there any memorials or markers etc. to him in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 atog

wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Justin1982

He should never have been let into this country. What with two lovers living with him and all. I feel utterly scandalized having attended lectures in the Schroedinger lecture theatre in TCD.

Down with that sort of thing! Careful now!

Advertisement