Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ISYM discussion

• 06-08-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

This thread is for discussion/questions on the pics posted in the "I'll show you mine" thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057008648

*Note - This is not a general chat thread, please keep discussion on topic. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted.*

Any suspected trolling/abusive/sleazy/inappropriate/sexist posts will be deleted and the user will be infracted or banned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭dinorebel

So Sarannewrap love the cats do they have any meaning?
    I may be joking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

dinorebel wrote: »
    So Sarannewrap love the cats do they have any meaning?
    I may be joking

Why yes, you see I spent the last few years in a russian prison for thieving and wanted a piece to remind me of my time there. Theres absolutely no other meaning behind it, I just wanted to stick with the tradition ya know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Why yes, you see I spent the last few years in a russian prison for thieving and wanted a piece to remind me of my time there. Theres absolutely no other meaning behind it, I just wanted to stick with the tradition ya know :pac:
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Sarannewrap, I ADORE your cat tattoos!!

Really cool idea and the Victorian style was a brilliant choice, I'm jealous ;)

I love cats myself so got all excited when I saw them :D
    My ex Russian gangsta roots give their seal of approval

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Sarannewrap, I ADORE your cat tattoos!!

Really cool idea and the Victorian style was a brilliant choice, I'm jealous ;)

I love cats myself so got all excited when I saw them :D
    My ex Russian gangsta roots give their seal of approval

Thanks! Thrilled with how they turned out :) it probably won't be my last cat tattoo either haha I'm a crazy cat lady. Already saving for my next tattoo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Newest session of my white rabbit, first session pic is on the old thread! I love him :D Credit to the artist for the tattoo and photo :P

White Rabbit
    LOVE the detail on this, the hair (Hare? :pac:) looks amazing! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

SillyMangoX - that is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

I seriously love the cats and the white rabbit! I need more cat tattoos :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Re: not getting imagery that is significant in other cultures because it is "crass".

1. Tattooing is crass
    2. There is a LOT of culture on the planet. You would need several degrees in anthropology to even know a tiny bit of it. Everything is significant to someone.
    3. As an American, cultural misappropriation IS my culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I can see this thread getting a bit confusing, sillymangox looks brilliant so far :) who is the artist if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

It's Christine Tobin in Devils Ink, limerick! She's also done my koi and the paws on my back but the rabbit (who I've named twisp :D) is definitely my favourite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

It's Christine Tobin in Devils Ink, limerick! She's also done my koi and the paws on my back but the rabbit (who I've named twisp :D) is definitely my favourite :D

I cursed profusely when I seen that pic, it's seriously insane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

The detail that went into it is something else, an hour was spent on the eye alone yesterday! It looks so much more detailed in person than it does in the picture. Can't wait for it to heal a bit and for all the colours to settle in!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

That white rabbit is amazing, looking forward to seeing the finished article!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Really cool piece @JaMarcus second pic makes a lot more sense. One of those pieces that needs to be seen in the flesh I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Tom Brady

That is looking bloody fantastic, how many more sessions do you have left to do on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

JaMarcus loving it so far been looking forward to seeing that piece since ye came in here look for recommendations :), but next time stop teasing us and get up good pic of it so we can see all the detail ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

P_1 wrote: »
    That is looking bloody fantastic, how many more sessions do you have left to do on it?

2 more sessions. Kris wants to finish it at the Galway tattoo show next month - he thinks it would win prizes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

That white rabbit and JaMarcus's tattoo are amazing. I wish I wasn't broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Adiboo wrote: »
    Ow indeed, that is a LOT of solid black D:
    What are you getting scarred into it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

And are you getting the scarring done locally?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

It's so solid, haha. And I'm paying for it today :(

I'm probably gonna go for quite an intricate geometric design :)
    oeb wrote: »
    And are you getting the scarring done locally?

I'm shopping around at the minute, but Iestyn's work over in London is really standing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Not great pics, but this is what I got done today. Filled in the gap on the elbow nicely....

Like the Mike Myers tattoo he did for me, this is his own "interpretation" of it, which I quite like....

Feck that's really starting to come together nicely now

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

P_1 wrote: »
    Feck that's really starting to come together nicely now

Cheers, yeah it is finally. But the pictures don't do it justice. Looks really, really well in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

Other halfs latest ink

Big thanks to the paul aherne and the lads @ SPILLED INK Dublin

Check the guys out 😄

mega-awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Just doing a bit of catch up.

PKM, that sleeve is just ...... WOW. You must be over the moon with it!! Love the blend of colours!! The style is incredible.

And Adiboo, I have no words, just ....... Dude!!
    Really looking forward to see how that turns out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

2 more sessions. Kris wants to finish it at the Galway tattoo show next month - he thinks it would win prizes :)

Be the first thing Brady wins in ages!!

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Just doing a bit of catch up.

PKM, that sleeve is just ...... WOW. You must be over the moon with it!! Love the blend of colours!! The style is incredible.

Thank you dear. :D Yeah I'm well chuffed. The guy who's doing it stayed at mine last night. He was saying he's doing Leatherface next and has a great sketch done. He's gonna pencil me in, in about 4 weeks when he gets back from the States.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

How many sittings have you had on it so far now PKM?

• Advertisement

fewtins wrote: »
    How many sittings have you had on it so far now PKM?

So far....

On my back -

Alien - 3 sittings (7 hours each)
    Chains and hooks pulling flesh - 1 sitting (5 hours)

Right arm horror sleeve -

Mike Myers - 1 sitting (6 hours)
    Chucky - 1 sitting (6 hours)
    Billy/Jigsaw -1 sitting (6 hours)
    Pennywise - 1 sitting (7 hours)
    Hannibal Lecter - 1 sitting (5/6 hours)
    Jason - 1 sitting (5 hours)
    Hellraiser/Freddy - 1 sitting (5 hours) *this was redoing and colouring the originals I had done many years ago so they would blend in with the work he's doing.

So 11 sittings and 67 hours (ish) so far. Still a fair bit to go... :cool:

Advertisement