Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

S3 mini fell in the toilet..

• 25-02-2014 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

yesterday...i dried as quickly as possible then tried to turn it on. No luck:( Last night i left it in a bag of rice next to the stove but this morning still no luck. Anybody have experience with water damaged phones??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Unfortunately I suspect the damage has been done. You should not have tried to dry it as quick as possible and then turn it on. You should have taken it apart and then straight into the bowl of rice or by a radiator or something like that.

You shouldn't even try and turn it on until you're absolutely sure that all of the water is gone from the inside as if there is any left it will probably shortcircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Worth leaving in the rice for a couple of days, my daughter dropper her lumia down the loo and thought it was dead but after three days it came back to life. I'd take the battery and back cover off and leave it in the bag for a few days more, then try

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭itgirl268

48hrs later i plug my phone into charger...it starts bu then the screen goes all pink??? iv put it back into rice again what are the chances of it making a full recovery???

Advertisement