Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky TV Variety Pack + 100mbs unlimited fibre broadband €50 pee month (12 month contra

• 01-04-2015 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

Dont known if its every store or a limited thing but I was shopping around for broadband this week and a guy in a sky kiosk in my local shopping centre gave me a deal of €50 per month for Sky TV Variety Bundle and 100mbs unlimited fibre broadband. The broadband by itself is normally 50 yoyos so I essentially got 250 channels and box sets on demand for free. Wasn't advertised in store but he offered it to me in his sales pitch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭doctorg

Hey guys.

Dont known if its every store or a limited thing but I was shopping around for broadband this week and a guy in a sky kiosk in my local shopping centre gave me a deal of €50 per month for Sky TV Variety Bundle and 100mbs unlimited fibre broadband. The broadband by itself is normally 50 yoyos so I essentially got 250 channels and box sets on demand for free. Wasn't advertised in store but he offered it to me in his sales pitch.

Did you take it? Does it reflect the same in your bills?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

doctorg wrote: »
    Did you take it? Does it reflect the same in your bills?

Took it yeah but haven't got a bill yet. My total cost including taxes and charges will be €50.75 the .75 being a debit card fee as I haven't given them bank account details yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Soarer

The boxsets are only available if you have the HD pack, which is an extra €15 per month.

Soarer wrote: »
    The boxsets are only available if you have the HD pack, which is an extra €15 per month.

Its all included in my deal. I get the hub thing too.

Its all included in my deal. I get the hub thing too.

Just checked the contract.

I get the following.

The Variety Bundle
    Sky HD Package
    Sky Fibre Unlimited
    Sky Talk Freetime
    Sky+ box
    Sky Router Delivery

Ongoing cost €50 x 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I get the following.

The Variety Bundle
    Sky HD Package
    Sky Fibre Unlimited
    Sky Talk Freetime
    Sky+ box
    Sky Router Delivery

Does that include the line rental?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Sono

Never realised sky could offer such fast broadband, that's an excellent deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

€50/month is the normal price for the fibre broadband and sky talk bundle after the initial offer period where you get free broadband for the first 6 months. I hope you got the salesperson to write down what he was offering and sign it!
    a guy in a sky kiosk in my local shopping centre
    Will he stand over the offer he made or will you ever see him again?

foggy_lad wrote: »
    €50/month is the normal price for the fibre broadband and sky talk bundle after the initial offer period where you get free broadband for the first 6 months. I hope you got the salesperson to write down what he was offering and sign it!

Will he stand over the offer he made or will you ever see him again?

The guy in the call centre confirmed the offer to me and I have a signed printed contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Sono

When did they introduce 100mb broadband? I thought they were around the 12mb mark, still shocked at the deal you got as it almost sounds too good to be true but fair play to that's a bargain right there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Sono wrote: »
    When did they introduce 100mb broadband? I thought they were around the 12mb mark, still shocked at the deal you got as it almost sounds too good to be true but fair play to that's a bargain right there!

They're just reselling Eircom fibre broadband. Only started recently but all other providers have been doing it for 18 months or more.

Sono wrote: »

It's "up to" 100mbs but I was given an estimate (in the contract) if 60-70mbs for my area. I'd be happy with that and a stable service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Seems to good to be true
    Are you sure the price won't increase in 6 months ?
    Hey do a special glad price offer for 6 months

If you upload a pic of your contract with personal details deleted other boards members could use it for haggling

Seems to good to be true
    Are you sure the price won't increase in 6 months ?
    Hey do a special glad price offer for 6 months

If you upload a pic of your contract with personal details deleted other boards members could use it for hagglin

I'll up load that contract as well the rest eventually. But I know my offer is exceptiona .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Soarer

That's excellent if it includes line rental.

It's equivalent to the CPW deal of €15 per month for the Variety + HD and then adding the Fibre broadband for €35 per month, which I suppose is plausible.

I'm already on the €15 per month, so I wonder if I could ring Sky for the €35 broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Soarer wrote: »
    That's excellent if it includes line rental.

It's equivalent to the CPW deal of €15 per month for the Variety + HD and then adding the Fibre broadband for €35 per month, which I suppose is plausible.

I'm already on the €15 per month, so I wonder if I could ring Sky for the €35 broadband?

Does it not include line rental?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Just double check it is a 12 month contract and not a 12 month deal within a 18/24month contract.

Thats an amazing deal if all true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Does it not include line rental?

Sky's advertised "6 months free broadband" offer does not include it, so your "free" broadband actually costs 30 quid per month.

If the OP's offer includes line rental, it's a serious bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

I get the following.

The Variety Bundle
    Sky HD Package
    Sky Fibre Unlimited
    Sky Talk Freetime
    Sky+ box
    Sky Router Delivery

Remember mobile phone calls are not free with sky

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

It's "up to" 100mbs but I was given an estimate (in the contract) if 60-70mbs for my area. I'd be happy with that and a stable service.

Where and when did you get this? My parents couldn't get a decent offer last Sunday in naas.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    Where and when did you get this? My parents couldn't get a decent offer last Sunday in naas.

April fools day funnily enough, from the lads at the sky kiosk in my local shopping centre. I walked up to them and asked what the best deal they could give me for broadband was and he just said "how about unlimited fibre broadband, 250 channels, sky hd and sky plus as well as freetime calls?" and I saod grand and signed up on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

April fools day funnily enough, from the lads at the sky kiosk in my local shopping centre. I walked up to them and asked what the best deal they could give me for broadband was and he just said "how about unlimited fibre broadband, 250 channels, sky hd and sky plus as well as freetime calls?" and I saod grand and signed up on the spot.

And it includes line rental? Are you a new or existing customer? Apologies for the questions, I'm joining sky and signed up on Saturday for on identical package but it's costing more than you,so would appreciate the info. Cheers.

onform wrote: »
    And it includes line rental? Are you a new or existing customer? Apologies for the questions, I'm joining sky and signed up on Saturday for on identical package but it's costing more than you,so would appreciate the info. Cheers.

It's €50 total including line rental, yes.

I am a new sky customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

It's €50 total including line rental, yes.

I am a new sky customer.

Thanks, was speaking with Sky and was told the offer you got was only available for a week and is gone now. I've cancelled my install, will see what else is available.

Advertisement