Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5kg of Flavoured Whey Protein - €50. [No Referral Codes]

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just tried it there. I bought the Vanilla flavor.

Mixes well and taste fine, though it does have a slight carmel aftertaste which is no bad thing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Just tried it there. I bought the Vanilla flavor.

Mixes well and taste fine, though it does have a slight carmel aftertaste which is no bad thing really.

Sounds good to me... Collecting mine this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

My order arrived this morning. Hitting the gym after lunch so will get back and report on the shake after.

Very good value at 50 quid.

You could have got it for 45 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,951 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Tried my chocolate peanut there earlier, bit of a noob to this so was unsure of the dosage but gave it a heaped big spoonful. Tasted a lot better in just water than I was expecting, that's for sure, looking forward to getting through this one in the coming weeks/months and onto the chocolate mint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Ivan Billions Mayonnaise

Does anyone not have any views/concerns about all the artificial flavours or sweeteners in some of the cheaper brands? Generally even the 'unflavoured options' usually have some of these sweeteners to act as flavour enhancers. Usually the more fancy the packing, the more there is.

I haven't tried this brand btw (maybe someone will upload an image of the ingredients list). Will only use '100% organic, grass-fed, gm-free, hormone-free whey'. The ingredients label therefore says '100% whey' and not a drop of anything else, nothing, nada.

Everything in the larger brand health shops is loaded with some or most of the following (some natural, yes, but some straight from a chemist's lab). Most of these are high sugar-carbs forming also:

Sugar
    Sugar alcohols {AKA: Sorbitol, xylitol, mannitol }
    Sucrose
    Saccharin
    Sucralose
    Stevia leaf extract
    Acesulfame potassium
    Aspartame - this one esp. has received some mixed opinions
    Neotame
    Agave nectar
    High-fructose corn syrup
    Honey

Might be worth considering, if you're putting 5kg of product into yourself every bunch of months, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

:o Oh my

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Not if you are already an existing customer that has been using BP long before this offer ;)

Although, I did get €5 credit for one of the guys using my referral code.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Liam O wrote: »
    Tried my chocolate peanut there earlier, bit of a noob to this so was unsure of the dosage but gave it a heaped big spoonful. Tasted a lot better in just water than I was expecting, that's for sure, looking forward to getting through this one in the coming weeks/months and onto the chocolate mint.

Same here. I use a heaped scoop to about 250ml water give or take.

If your ever rushing and need a nice breakie, I use this as a breakie on the go, great for early morning drive to college etc :

200ml milk with one scoop of the chocolate peanut whey.
    Shake it up.
    Then add a scoop of porridge/oats and a heaped spoonful of peanut butter.

Leave it in the fridge over night and then grab as you go the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

just collected mine from depot as missed delivery last week, strawberry tastes nice. 2 scoop with water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Does anyone not have any views/concerns about all the artificial flavours or sweeteners in some of the cheaper brands? Generally even the 'unflavoured options' usually have some of these sweeteners to act as flavour enhancers. Usually the more fancy the packing, the more there is.

I haven't tried this brand btw (maybe someone will upload an image of the ingredients list). Will only use '100% organic, grass-fed, gm-free, hormone-free whey'. The ingredients label therefore says '100% whey' and not a drop of anything else, nothing, nada.

Everything in the larger brand health shops is loaded with some or most of the following (some natural, yes, but some straight from a chemist's lab). Most of these are high sugar-carbs forming also:

Sugar
    Sugar alcohols {AKA: Sorbitol, xylitol, mannitol }
    Sucrose
    Saccharin
    Sucralose
    Stevia leaf extract
    Acesulfame potassium
    Aspartame - this one esp. has received some mixed opinions
    Neotame
    Agave nectar
    High-fructose corn syrup
    Honey

Might be worth considering, if you're putting 5kg of product into yourself every bunch of months, no?
    It's fine, and the peer reviewed data says so. Many people will give you an opinion on artificial sweeteners, but opinions don't mean much in the face of facts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Ivan Billions Mayonnaise

Owen_S wrote: »
    It's fine, and the peer reviewed data says so. Many people will give you an opinion on artificial sweeteners, but opinions don't mean much in the face of facts.

Was just checking out the range on that website and the 'pure series' seems decent enough, ticks a few boxes for gm-free, soy-free options etc, no mention of organic sources though. Certainly the fact that the website offers such filters on the proteins is a good factor, the high street retailers have nothing that's sweetener free.

The artificial sweeteners has plenty of mixed opinions around it, enough to raise slight concern. Most 'peer reviews' would be influenced in some way through industry in relation to uni/lab funding and even legislation.

Some banned ones include:
    (FDA) banned the sale of Sodium cyclamate in 1969, but is approved in the EU and Canada. In 1977, Canada banned saccharin due to results of animal tests, but it's very common here. Others are only available in certain regions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_substitute#Artificial_sugar_substitutes

Aspartame probably receives the most mixed opinions currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

kceire wrote: »
    Not if you are already an existing customer that has been using BP long before this offer ;)

Although, I did get €5 credit for one of the guys using my referral code.

You could still have got it for €45..... by use a different email, simple. If you don't have more than 1 email, it takes <2 mins to create one :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

You could still have got it for €45..... by use a different email, simple. If you don't have more than 1 email, it takes <2 mins to create one :rolleyes:

Could even use 10 minute mail

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Can't believe I missed this offer :( ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

Use code 2EVYR - 20% off until tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Best i can see is 58eur for 5kg of choc. How do i get it for 45? I understand the email bit but still cqnt get it that low. Any link please?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,632 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Best i can see is 58eur for 5kg of choc. How do i get it for 45? I understand the email bit but still cqnt get it that low. Any link please?
    Thanks!

That was a two day offer last week. Its no longer available.

Advertisement