Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin to Argentina for £275 Return [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

pete_fire wrote: »
    go to the Secret Flying page and see their example dates.

the link is in the #1 post of this thread on page 1.

Thanks was clicking link on phone and would not take me to page now I can on desktop. I have been to BA before but I would not mind going back...

Now how much do I have left in my bank account after Xmas:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭notuslimited

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    One word of advise, connections are important if you are only heading off for a week or so. Being stranded in Munich airport overnight(even in a nice hotel) can play havoc with plans and end up costing a few quid on lost bookings at your destination

Sensible advice....perhaps people should not tie themselves down booking something on the day you are scheduled to arrive or the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

I regret not booking this flight now that prices have went up :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 pete_fire

Music4life wrote: »
    I regret not booking this flight now that prices have went up :(

no they haven't.
    go through the secret flying link and use their example dates

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭positron

My booking code is H982FKL, should i be worried? ;)

Wear Ireland jersey, everyday - even in bed! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Very tempted by this offer but some of the wait times between flights is putting me off, either very tight or extremely long

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

Booked for Paddy's day going solo! Anyone young in there 20's who wants to party lets get in touch! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Dempsey wrote: »
    Very tempted by this offer but some of the wait times between flights is putting me off, either very tight or extremely long
    Go for the tight one and assume you will miss the connection, so dont book accom the first night. You will get a free night in an airport hotel, paid for by the airline

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shimmy Jimmy CocoPop

Id seriously advise people to type "Logitravel review" into google before booking anything. There are loads of bad reviews online about this crown, many saying its a scam.

Id seriously advise people to type "Logitravel review" into google before booking anything. There are loads of bad reviews online about this crowd, many saying its a scam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Just checked the history on my flight to frankfurt on https://uk.flightaware.com/live/ and its only been late twice in last couple of months.

Id seriously advise people to type "Logitravel review" into google before booking anything. There are loads of bad reviews online about this crowd, many saying its a scam.

Id seriously advise reading the other comments in this thread and stop scaremongering.

Id seriously advise reading the other comments in this thread and stop scaremongering.

I'm not scaremongering and I cant post the links I saw as a new user but best of luck parting with your cash on that one. I'm not saying its a scam either but they randomly cancel things after charging cards and little comeback if there's any delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭colferma

After much nail biting I went for this too. Even if it's a bust (which now seems unlikely) it'll be the most exciting 350e I'll have thrown away. Just to point out though that the date range is a bit wider than the website says: I'm booked in from late May til 23 June and I got it at 280 sterling. That gives us almost a month extra at a similar price, if I read it right?

I'm not scaremongering and I cant post the links I saw as a new user but best of luck parting with your cash on that one. I'm not saying its a scam either but they randomly cancel things after charging cards and little comeback if there's any delays.

You have no idea what youre talking about.

As mentioned already, most of the complaints were people who had booked HOTELS last minute and then had issues. There was one or two complaints from frankly weird people and they Logitravel are only an agent. They take 100s of thousands of bookings and the comments were very few. Feel free to post some examples of an excessive number of customer issues.

As mentioned already, the flights are confirmed with the airline themselves so its their duty to honour or cancel the flights.
    If a connecting flight is late, it can happen with any airline no matter how much youve paid, but they have a duty to get you to your destination and/or look after you.

The amounts paid are covered by paypal/credit card etc . I would suggest this will 'hit the fan'(or hopefully not) in the next 48 hours and if this is a 'scam' as you suggest, or in reality a mistake by the airline that they want to go back on, we will find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'm a lot more relaxed about the connecting flight in Frankfurt. Sure I can run if I have to, I don't mind!

I got around the mid/end of May to the 11th of June with a few friends. Anyone else going around this time? It's going to be immense. There are lots of dates available, just look around. As for Logitravel being a scam, if you don't trust it just use Skyscanner or Kayak, they have literally the same prices for the same prices, some are even cheaper and with more dates! I got mine with GoToGate because friends of mine have used them before and said they had no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Tbh if the plane goes down there's a high chance the other surviving passengers will eat you. :(

I dont suppose these flights would be available for July??

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bey0nd

Ive emailed logitravel to see if this is legit or if its a price error before booking. Would be a great little holiday but worried it's too good to be true. Don't want to have it cancelled once accommodation is booked!

I need some help please.

Im trying to book for 2 from 28th March to the 8th April but am not getting the cheap flights.

Preferably Id prefer July if possible.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

TheTorment wrote: »
    I dont suppose these flights would be available for July??

Yes check Skyscanner. Lots of dates if you leave July 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Bey0nd wrote: »
    Ive emailed logitravel to see if this is legit or if its a price error before booking. Would be a great little holiday but worried it's too good to be true. Don't want to have it cancelled once accommodation is booked!

You did what???? You book then ask.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭MissNomer

Oh my God. Thanks a lot for that. Just go ahead and let them know about something that may have gone unnoticed. Cheers for that. You do know you now might have fcked up everyone's plans?

Bey0nd belief

You have no idea what youre talking about.

As mentioned already, most of the complaints were people who had booked HOTELS last minute and then had issues. There was one or two complaints from frankly weird people and they Logitravel are only an agent. They take 100s of thousands of bookings and the comments were very few. Feel free to post some examples of an excessive number of customer issues.

As mentioned already, the flights are confirmed with the airline themselves so its their duty to honour or cancel the flights.
    If a connecting flight is late, it can happen with any airline no matter how much youve paid, but they have a duty to get you to your destination and/or look after you.

The amounts paid are covered by paypal/credit card etc . I would suggest this will 'hit the fan'(or hopefully not) in the next 48 hours and if this is a 'scam' as you suggest, or in reality a mistake by the airline that they want to go back on, we will find out soon enough.

I never suggested it was a scam if you bothered reading my very short post. And I have plenty of an idea what I'm talking about as a family member works in the travel industry.

Fools and their money, best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

Go for the tight one and assume you will miss the connection, so dont book accom the first night. You will get a free night in an airport hotel, paid for by the airline

Exactly. You are on a holiday of a lifetime to South america, couldn't get any better.

Oh wait why not try swap one of these glorious nights in South America for a night in a German airport hotel which you will only get after probably queuing for a few hours with loads of other stressed passengers then waiting anxiously by the phone in the hotel to find out what flight they have booked you on and prob find out its not an ideal one meaning you have to try fight for a better one. Add in lost bookings and a messed up itinerary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

You avoid any trouble by simply holding off booking accommodation until a few days after your flights are confirmed.

What you do not do is bring the error to the attention of either the airline or the OTA. Let them spot the anomaly themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭MissNomer

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    Exactly. You are on a holiday of a lifetime to South america, couldn't get any better.

Oh wait why not try swap one of these glorious nights in South America for a night in a German airport hotel which you will only get after probably queuing for a few hours with loads of other stressed passengers then waiting anxiously by the phone in the hotel to find out what flight they have booked you on and prob find out its not an ideal one meaning you have to try fight for a better one. Add in lost bookings and a messed up itinerary.

Well, if it's between the small risk of missing the connection (over an hour is not that tight and the airline likely wouldn't allow it and risk losing loads of money by paying out for airport hotels and meals if it were that risky) and not going at all because flights are normally pushing a grand, I know which I'd choose.

Anyway, we might not have to worry about it now due to someone's selfishness and sheer lack of cop on.

• Advertisement

I never suggested it was a scam if you bothered reading my very short post. And I have plenty of an idea what I'm talking about as a family member works in the travel industry.

Fools and their money, best of luck.

You suggested 'this crowd' were being talked about as scam merchants without any proof whatsoever. Im still waiting for an example??

Computer says No.

Advertisement