Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

48" Sony BRAVIA KDL-48W585 (€430 + €27 = €457) from Amazon.de with MailBoxde.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Thanks a lot.

I ordered this tv. €503 delivered by Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-UE48H5570-LED-Backlight-Fernseher-100Hz-schwarz/dp/B00IVX8VDG

Just an update on my post for those interested.

I placed the order on March 11th, the estimated delivery date was March 18th.
    No sign of the tv so I sent a few emails.

UPS in Ireland hadn't received the tv from Germany so I contacted the seller a few times but they never replied. I then contacted Amazon during the week and told them I hadn't received the order. I was hoping for a status update from them but they have refunded my card and the order is now cancelled.

Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment but I've just re-ordered the same television through a different seller on amazon.de for the total of €423 (€80 cheaper than my first order). This time its through "Der Preis Hammer". The order went through but to be honest I'm not really overly hopeful.

I know from PMs that I'm not the only one who ordered the tv from technik profis through amazon so maybe they will have more luck with their order and will update the thread if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

So as a rule will Amazon.de just not deliver to Ireland?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

So as a rule will Amazon.de just not deliver to Ireland?

These were private sellers on Amazon. Amazon themselves have some items they deliver here- others that they don't. I got a Playstation Vita from Amazon.de (which there was a bargain alerts thread here about for Black Friday).

It depends is the answer- you need to check in advance- and having a reasonable grasp of German- so you can actually read the advertisement- probably helps..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Or just use chrome, Iron or google translate to open the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Mr infomaniac

I ordered the samsung 48" from technik profis through amazon.de on 20th march. It arrived yesterday. Was due to arrive last friday so not too late. Im very happy with it and saved about €115 on price in shops here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

I ordered this tv and it came within a week from Germany. It showed up as postage allowed to Ireland (this seems to have changed since).

Anyway it came to 629 delivered by Amazon.

When I looked in the shops here the cheapest I could find was €800 in a sale price.

There is definitely saving to be made on the .de site

http://www.amazon.de/LG-47LB731V-LED-Backlight-Fernseher-Wireless-LAN-Soundsystem/dp/B00JGKL77K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427962776&sr=8-1&keywords=lg+731

Took the plunge and ordered this TV, 490 delivered. Bought from Technik Profis though Amazon.de.

http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-UE48H5570-LED-Backlight-Fernseher-100Hz-schwarz/dp/B00IVX8VDG

Dunno if anyone is bothered but the TV arrived today (see post immediately above), took just under 2 weeks from order to arriving. Haven't had time to get it out of the box yet is the only thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Dunno if anyone is bothered but the TV arrived today (see post immediately above), took just under 2 weeks from order to arriving. Haven't had time to get it out of the box yet is the only thing!

Well I for one am interested :) let me know what you think, can you get the RTE player working and the various english apps like bbc and channel 4 player downloaded and working.

DaraDali wrote: »
    Well I for one am interested :) let me know what you think, can you get the RTE player working and the various english apps like bbc and channel 4 player downloaded and working.

Yep will do won't get it set up until this evening.

Would have thought BBC would be region locked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Yep will do won't get it set up until this evening.

Would have thought BBC would be region locked?

Pretty sure when your setting up the telly and choose the UK as your region you get access to those apps ;) I could be wrong .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

DaraDali wrote: »
    Pretty sure when your setting up the telly and choose the UK as your region you get access to those apps ;) I could be wrong .

You are wrong. BBC iplayer is based on your IP address not the region of the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Just an update on my post for those interested.

I placed the order on March 11th, the estimated delivery date was March 18th.
    No sign of the tv so I sent a few emails.

UPS in Ireland hadn't received the tv from Germany so I contacted the seller a few times but they never replied. I then contacted Amazon during the week and told them I hadn't received the order. I was hoping for a status update from them but they have refunded my card and the order is now cancelled.

Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment but I've just re-ordered the same television through a different seller on amazon.de for the total of €423 (€80 cheaper than my first order). This time its through "Der Preis Hammer". The order went through but to be honest I'm not really overly hopeful.

I know from PMs that I'm not the only one who ordered the tv from technik profis through amazon so maybe they will have more luck with their order and will update the thread if they do.

Just to add that I received this television about 10/11 days after delivery (ordered on a Saturday, arrived on the Wednesday I think it was).

Of course being an idiot, I had accidentally ordered the UE5070 instead of the UE5570 by mistake so its a more basic model. It seems to be the same television as the 5570, only without the WLAN and Smart features.

I decided to keep it anyway, as €423 for a full HD 48" Samsung with triple tuner is a very good price. I ordered a Raspberry Pi to make up for the Smart features I missed out on with the other model. I'm happy with the tv so far, didn't get a chance to try for Saorview yet as I don't have an aerial installed but I do have the free Sky channels coming straight into the tv with EPG included(no need for the Sky box). The TV GUIDE feature is nicely designed and lets you scan through the channels quickly and easily.

tallpaul wrote: »
    You are wrong. BBC iplayer is based on your IP address not the region of the TV.

Yeah no sign of the BBC app on the TV. Have tried RTE and Netflix and they both work fine.

Very happy with the TV overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I changed the dns and I was able to get the BBC player but lost the Irish players.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I changed the dns and I was able to get the BBC player but lost the Irish players.

How do you do this please? I think I'd prefer the BBC, much more content.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

How do you do this please? I think I'd prefer the BBC, much more content.

It just like doing the change to get the American netflix.

Google a set of dns settings for the UK, then enter them in manually in the Internet settings on the tv. It's really simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

The Samsung model mentioned somewhere on the thread, UE48H5570, is under E450 all in on factory choice. However, are they reliable? Remember them being discussed before and were not great. Opinions if worth the risk?

BLUEYK wrote: »
    The Samsung model mentioned somewhere on the thread, UE48H5570, is under E450 all in on factory choice. However, are they reliable? Remember them being discussed before and were not great. Opinions if worth the risk?

Personally wouldn't be ordering from them, seem to be too many bad stories.

Advertisement