Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Additional IE capacity for 2014 Irish Open at Fota.

Options
  • 21-06-2014 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

I spent Saturday in East Cork to see the special 30 minute interval service between Cork - Cobh for the Irish Open Golf event at Fota Island. Two Four Car sets of 2600 Class DMU's were used on the majority of services, with one appearance of 3ICR 22009 on the 1600 Cork - Cobh, 1630 Cobh - Cork, 1655 Cork - Mallow service. A 3rd 4 car set of 2600's was also available for use. An additional unadvertised sweeper service was noted operating empty to Cobh to run behind the 1700 Cobh - Cork formed of this 3rd set. Other sweeper services may have run after this but I was heading for home at that stage.
    3ICR 22048 was also employed on the Cork - Midleton service, thus releasing a 2600 to bolster the Cobh line service.

Pictures from the day include:
    - Portlaoise
    - Limerick Jct.
    - Mallow.
    - Cork.
    - All East Cork Commuter Stations (except Carrigtwohill) and various lineside locations.

Finally, contributor Mr. Church has provided me with a photograph of "mixed pair" 29017 + 29014 crossing the Loop Line Bridge with the 0712 Drogheda - Bray on Friday morning.

Pictures begin at http://smu.gs/1uQpSLs

Some sample images of the day. Click the link above for the full gallery.
    DSC_8842-M.jpg

DSC_8864-M.jpg

DSC_8894-M.jpg

DSC_9012-M.jpg

DSC_9072-M.jpg

Enjoy,
    The Wanderer.

Advertisement