Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Paying for something in a shop, the assistant was on her phone never spoke said the price nothing, I handed her the money, she gave me the change never said one word, so I pipe up I wonder what charm school that igmoramus went to?

Tbh, you were just as rude as the assistant in that case. Two wrongs and all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Acoshla, dont read whats in the spoilers tags, it's not that bad at all but just in case!

So I was in my maths tutorial yesterday and the guy walks in,
    takes off his shoes and goes to teach the class in his SOCKS!!! WTF!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Need to wake up and be super uber academic today, its just not working out... need me my coffee!

Tried the infamous ghost chilli last night. I was a bit underwhelmed, to be honest, there was no Homer Simpson-esque out-of-body experience afterwards or anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Tried the infamous ghost chilli last night. I was a bit underwhelmed, to be honest, there was no Homer Simpson-esque out-of-body experience afterwards or anything...

I read that as goat chilli and made a face like this :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

Tbh, you were just as rude as the assistant in that case. Two wrongs and all that?

Not really, that was really rude on the shop assistant's part. If people don't complain in this country, things won't change. And yes, I have worked in retail so have been on both sides. I never used my mobile in work when in those jobs. Or any job, actually, outside of breaktime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Happy Friday everyone! :D

I'm off college today so its a 3 day weekend for me :)

Thinking of doing some baking or maybe take a trip out to Ikea...hmmm decisions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

But I love animals.

Don't mean to pick at you but you said some pretty mean things about cats a while ago, cats are animals too but you really don't like them :(

The puppy in that video was so cute, the way he kept crying really loud when they took him out, like he didn't know he was rescued reminded me of a kitten we had one night when I volunteered in the Toronto Humane Society. This tiny, tiny, 2-3 week old kitten was found in the gap under a house, he was found because someone heard him crying. By the time I saw him he'd been in the THS for about 5 hours, and was still screaming crying in his cage (called cages for our convenience, actually very large snuggly places), he was so loud we could barely talk over him, the poor little guy was still so scared and shocked :( Lots of snuggles and feeds made him feel better though :)
    Do you get many of them asking you to make cakes for them?

I've gotten a few, most cancel because they can't get a venue for the wedding/the wedding gets called off, but I'm not going to do them anymore because they want HUGE cakes, that I can't possibly do, they need big bakeries or fake cake like in the programme but they don't want fake cake. A few weeks ago I had some teenage ones giving me hassle in my own house, that was the last straw.
    SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Acoshla, dont read whats in the spoilers tags, it's not that bad at all but just in case!

So I was in my maths tutorial yesterday and the guy walks in,
    takes off his shoes and goes to teach the class in his SOCKS!!! WTF!!!

That's not so bad! If they're in socks I don't mind :p

Hoping to finish early this afternoon and go back to couch, I like the couch.

Edit: Oh and re: the retail chat, I worked in it for years, has made me a very polite customer...unless the staff I'm dealing with are lazy or rude! I also don't understand people who don't clear their own tables in McD's, Burger King, etc, be nice, it's not difficult like, just tip it into the bin and put the tray back!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i want to rescue ALL the puppies

there is a rehoming thread in a&pi right now and im so wanting to go ILL TAKE HIM PICK ME PICK ME ILL MIND THE PUPPY

Some of my pics from THS:

167_9292981557_715691557_748231_7731_n.jpg

167_9293336557_715691557_748259_1001_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Not really, that was really rude on the shop assistant's part. If people don't complain in this country, things won't change. And yes, I have worked in retail so have been on both sides. I never used my mobile in work when in those jobs. Or any job, actually, outside of breaktime.

But she didn't say she complained. She moaned about it to her friend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

tLL thread bursting with 4 legged cuteness. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

The size of that teeny tiny kitten!!!! Oh I'm feeling all melty <3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i cant see those at work which is probably a good thing because then i might squee and totally ruin my image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Acoshla wrote: »
    Some of my pics from THS:

167_9292981557_715691557_748231_7731_n.jpg

167_9293336557_715691557_748259_1001_n.jpg

Damn you and the cuteness! :P

With my hormones I've just gone all weepy!

I have an entire album of pics like that :)

167_9293411557_715691557_748274_6251_n.jpg

But she didn't say she complained. She moaned about it to her friend.

Meh, I'd be annoyed too. Talking on the phone while serving someone is staggeringly rude.

Meh, I'd be annoyed too. Talking on the phone while serving someone is staggeringly rude.

Oh I know. But people need to complain in those situations if they want something to change.

I complained to Meteor awhile ago about a girl accusing me of threatening her. Silly cow.

BOLLLLLLLLIXXXXXXXXXXXXXX! Heading out tonight pretty much straight from work. Came in an hour early specifically so I could get my hair (which is plastered to my head with the grease) washed and blow-dried in the salon in Citywest. Rang to make my appointment there and they're completely booked up for the whole day. The place is always deserted!

What the hell do I do now? I refuse to go to Peter Mark in Liffey Valley; they'll charge me about €35 cause my hair is so long and they always pull the head off you.

BOLLLLLLLLIXXXXXXXXXXXXXX! Heading out tonight pretty much straight from work. Came in an hour early specifically so I could get my hair (which is plastered to my head with the grease) washed and blow-dried in the salon in Citywest. Rang to make my appointment there and they're completely booked up for the whole day. The place is always deserted!

What the hell do I do now? I refuse to go to Peter Mark in Liffey Valley; they'll charge me about €35 cause my hair is so long and they always pull the head off you.

where abouts are you

im sure there must be more salons

• Advertisement

Agreed. But there's a difference between complaining in a constructive manner and just being rude in return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Argh! I shrunk my firefly t shirt :(

And I got a serious ouchies on the roof of my mouth that's making eating absolute hell. :(

bluewolf wrote: »
    where abouts are you

im sure there must be more salons

Work beside Liffey Valley, live in Terenure, so anywhere between the two. And there's loads of salons around, but I want one that won't charge me an arm and a leg just because my hair is below shoulder length.

Help me, Boardsies!

Work beside Liffey Valley, live in Terenure, so anywhere between the two. And there's loads of salons around, but I want one that won't charge me an arm and a leg just because my hair is below shoulder length.

Help me, Boardsies!

in that case, i would highly recommend the temple hair & beauty place in main st templeogue
    it's my regular
    can't remember how much a wash & blowdry is but they don't tend to gouge

Oh FFS, caved and rang Peter Mark in LV, only to be told that they don't cut, colour or style hair extensions. Sez I "I only want a wash and blow-dry, and they're human hair". "Doesn't matter, it's our policy", sez she.

I am seriously hacked off.

ETA: Just rang the Temple there and they're happy to do my hair, so I'm off to them at 4.15.

Screw you, Peter Mark!

Agreed. But there's a difference between complaining in a constructive manner and just being rude in return.

Yeah, I getcha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Don't know what is wrong with me this week but I just can't get going properly. Have been getting more than enough sleep and still just feel knackard.

Acoshla, those kittens are just ridiculously cute, fair play to you.

Acoshla wrote: »
    I have an entire album of pics like that :)

167_9293411557_715691557_748274_6251_n.jpg

Wibble! *explodes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I found the most perfect wedding dress online, but no shops in Ireland seem to have it so no chance of trying it on. Today one of them emailed me offering to borrow the sample for me, delighted :)

• Advertisement

Oh FFS, caved and rang Peter Mark in LV, only to be told that they don't cut, colour or style hair extensions. Sez I "I only want a wash and blow-dry, and they're human hair". "Doesn't matter, it's our policy", sez she.

I am seriously hacked off.

ETA: Just rang the Temple there and they're happy to do my hair, so I'm off to them at 4.15.

Screw you, Peter Mark!

they'll put some moroccan oil in your hair or the moroccan hairspray too if you like :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement