Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

information on gaa season ticket

Options
  • 04-09-2015 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I'm thinking of getting my partner and son a gaa season ticket but I'm not too sure how it works if I buy them do u still hav to pay for match tickets or is that included in the price any information would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Moved from Feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭statto25

What county are you looking to buy a pass for and what code, Hurling or Football?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

GAA Season Ticket is county specific & code specific, so that means you need one for hurling and one for football.

The Ticket provides entry for one person to all of your county’s Allianz Leagues matches & GAA Senior Championship matches ("Pay & Play" applies after the opening Championship fixture).

have a read of this :
    https://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/about-the-gaa-season-ticket/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

dowlin7 wrote: »
    Hi I'm thinking of getting my partner and son a gaa season ticket but I'm not too sure how it works if I buy them do u still hav to pay for match tickets or is that included in the price any information would be great. Thanks.

You pay €95 up front for the season ticket.

This €95 will entitle the holder to free admission to all national league games in the chosen code of hurling or football) not just for the chosen county, but all national league games full stop, including quarter finals, semi finals and finals.

Counties will have at least between 5 and 7 league games (all football counties get 7, hurling counties get 5 or 6, 3 for division 3B teams). They may get up to an additional three games depending on if the county reaches knock out stages or play offs and so on.

The ticket also entitles the user to free admission to the first championship game the county plays.

Just to add, the season ticket also allows the user to free entry to the All-Ireland club finals on St. Patrick's day.

After that, from the county's second game onwards, tickets must now be paid for at a cost of €5 less than the general sale price of the tickets. Season ticket holder will be guaranteed a stand ticket for all games. The charges will be applied to the credit/debit card supplied used with the account.

All-Ireland final ticket guaranteed if the county makes the final and the ticket holder has attended no less than 60% of the teams games.

If your son is under 16 his ticket will cost just €10 instead of €95, a nice reduction.

Sorry if that's a bit long winded! And if you're wondering what the final cost might be, I got a ticket last year, paid €95 up front. Attended 5 of my county's 6 league games, got the first championship game free. My county had an additional three games and if I recall correctly costing me €20, €10 and €15 each, so total cost came to €140.

On top of the up front payment you could expect to pay an additional €10 to €100 a year depending on how well a team does and how many games they play, throw another €80 on top if they make the All-Ireland final.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭What are those?

are you GUARANTEED an all ireland final ticket if youve attended over 60% of games if its your county.Also if youve a season ticket could you not just share it with friends if theyre going to a game and your not i.e they get in free and youll get nearer to the 60% threshold???

• Advertisement

are you GUARANTEED an all ireland final ticket if youve attended over 60% of games if its your county.Also if youve a season ticket could you not just share it with friends if theyre going to a game and your not i.e they get in free and youll get nearer to the 60% threshold???

Yep, 100% guaranteed. Nothing to stop you sharing it with friends either, they don't look for ID or anything like that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If your a dub and follow football and hurling, the Parnell pass also a good option - I think it's 165 for adult, no idea what child is.

You get admission to all club games in Dublin including the final on paddys day I think.

Also get admission to all home league games.

And you are guaranteed a ticket to any championship game that Dublin are playing in. Note that you must buy this ticket at face value. But you don't have to go to any game and you are still guaranteed ticket for the all Ireland final in either code if Dublin reach the final

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Mayo and Dublin season tickets are capped and have been sold out for the last few years, they are only open for renewals.

Loads of info here on how the season ticket works;

http://mayoclub51.com/mayo-gaa-season-tickets/croke-park-season-ticket/

Yep, 100% guaranteed. Nothing to stop you sharing it with friends either, they don't look for ID or anything like that. :)

sounds like a really good deal so :) any idea if theyre doing the 'early bird' ticket for €85 again?

sounds like a really good deal so :) any idea if theyre doing the 'early bird' ticket for €85 again?

Open to correction here, but I'm 99% certain the early bird rate only applies to renewals as opposed to new sign ups.

• Advertisement

Open to correction here, but I'm 99% certain the early bird rate only applies to renewals as opposed to new sign ups.

cool thanks,think ill make the investment this year coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

You can also setup a seating group for championship games in Croke park. So if your team get to the quarters, semis and final and you created a seating group with other people you know with a season ticket you'll be guaranteed a seat at the final beside each other. Seating groups can be up to 10 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The season ticket also gives you the 'bring a friend' option, if you want to bring a third person to the games that you & your son are attending. You can do it on a game by game basis, for all games up to the All Ireland final. That third person is not committed to attend any future games & they are guaranteed to be sitting beside you.

The season ticket section in Croke Park tends to be really good seats in the Lower Cusack. However, as the year goes on, more season ticket holders attend the bigger games, than the games in May/June. For the earlier rounds of games, the odds are good of you all sitting together in the really good seats, as the place will be half empty. However, if you elect to bring a friend to the later round games, you run the risk of being bumped to an inferior section. They are not going to bump a season ticket holder from the good ST seats, to make way for your "friend."

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭ccull123

Anyone any idea when season ticket usually go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

ccull123 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when season ticket usually go on sale?

Usually around November.

Advertisement