Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Few people around me saw the incident. I didn't but from what they were saying would not be surprised to see action taken

Yeah saw the aftermath but not the incident .... it occurred to me at the time it had to be a serious enough provocation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

The player who is in question is unlikely to feature later in the year so wouldn't be surprised to see something come out of it and an example be made

AGC wrote: »
    The player who is in question is unlikely to feature later in the year so wouldn't be surprised to see something come out of it and an example be made

Young chap he'll learn ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Feeling thoroughly left out here, wondering if I need to get better glasses for the next match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Was the player in question on last years panel for the O'Byrne Cup and the league, or is he a new introduction this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone got a Dublin line-up from yesterday?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone got a Dublin line-up from yesterday?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88428943&postcount=54

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Was the player in question on last years panel for the O'Byrne Cup and the league, or is he a new introduction this year?

I didn't see the incident PD, but saw the fallout - I'd be reluctant to call out the player not having witnessed the initial provocation .. cheers

• Advertisement

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I didn't see the incident PD, but saw the fallout - I'd be reluctant to call out the player not having witnessed the initial provocation .. cheers

On the off chance that the provocation was sufficient to justify biting?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

DoctaDee wrote: »

Don't want you to call out the player boss. The players are entitled to have their good names protected, until something is proven to be true. I was just curious as to whether or not it was one of the new lads, or an older hand. Based on your comment about his being young and he'll learn, I presumed it was one of the newer ones. After all the fuss over the McBrearty allegations last year, I can't see one of the more experienced players letting himself be open to more allegations like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Don't want you to call out the player boss. The players are entitled to have their good names protected, until something is proven to be true. I was just curious as to whether or not it was one of the new lads, or an older hand. Based on your comment about his being young and he'll learn, I presumed it was one of the newer ones. After all the fuss over the McBrearty allegations last year, I can't see one of the more experienced players letting himself be open to more allegations like these.

Gotta agree with that. The guy shouldn't be named unless and until he is found guilty of something. If no evidence is provided to back up the claim, then it should be left where it finished. I don't for a second condone biting. If guilty he should get a significant ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

Stoner wrote: »
    Was that Carthy or Martin, was it the point from distance after a nice dummy from number 9?

I was referring to the Carthy point at the beginning of the second half against Louth. He was the No 9.

Funnily enough, in the DCU game, the withdrawel of Carthy and O'Mahony seemed to make all the difference in the last ten minutes. Neither had been great in the first half, but I thought Carthy was very effective in the second half, and I also thought O'Mahony had his best 20 minutes in a Dublin jersey before he was taken off.

Once they went off, we could seem to get the ball out of our half of the pitch.

Tonight's match in the Walsh Cup is called off as the Neller is waterlogged. Provisionally rescheduled for Tuesday evening at 7:45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Dublin Kerry All Ireland semi final 2013 on TG4 today at 1.30.

I see Bernard's not looking likely to make a league appearance until March at the earliest; he hasn't had a great league the last few years so it's better he minds himself for the championship. On the upside though it appears Alan is out training, I'll be delighted to see him in the jersey again and the sooner the better :)

Any news on the team for tonight's Walsh cup match against UCD?

Would be great to see Alan Brogan back playing, although he'll have his hands full getting back in the Dublin team.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

Tg4 Announce they have the rights to most of the leagues and the semis and finals for this year... not Happy about this i know alot of people who are not great at irish Surely rte would be the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Who cares once you get to see the games ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Dublinfan wrote: »
    Tg4 Announce they have the rights to most of the leagues and the semis and finals for this year... not Happy about this i know alot of people who are not great at irish Surely rte would be the best option
    Slattsy wrote: »
    Who cares once you get to see the games ?

Could just go to the games....

RTÉ never show the league. Some of it will be on Setanta as well.

celticbest wrote: »
    Could just go to the games....

Aint always feasable lad.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Aint always feasable lad.

Yeah, but if you can't go then you should just be glad of any league coverage even if you can't listen to the commentary. You could also listen to commentary for live matches on Dub City FM

Small crowd at the game tonight, about 300 I reckon. Can't upload the teamsheet, will do it later

Dublin beat UCD 2-20 to 2-15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Dublinfan wrote: »

Are you the same guy who runs that Dublin GAA page on Facebook? He was saying the same thing last night, seems a strange thing to moan about, RTE have never shown the league, plus no one cares about the Irish speakers when September rolls around and the entire Championship has been commentated on in English. It is an Irish sport after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭clunked

Some people might say that the GAA is a live vibrant part of our native culture while the Irish language is a dead irrelevant part of our past. It's not how I feel but it's how many do. Hence the dissatisfaction of many games being exclusively broadcast live by TG4.

I maybe wrong, but the reason TG4 get to show a lot of live sports is because they buy the native language rights to televise the sport - they did something similar with Rugby world cup and the pro 12 IIRC. So they don't pay the premium wedge to televise but on the other hand they can only commentate in the aul Gaeilge - English commentary (or subtitles) may contravene the agreement.

€40 quid for 4 games and a tenner for the kids - even if you can't make every game it's still good value

• Advertisement

Jason Whelan hit with 8 week ban.

Delighted for him, hope he never pulls on a Dubs shirt again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement