Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kerry GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post #4167

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

On another train of thought, pity the non inter-county players in the county championship..won't be finished for ages the way things are going. Only at round 3 yet. Some big clashes coming up in October.

I'm a firm believer that the GAA should bring forward the All Ireland final by 2 weeks and all county championships could start after it as clubs/divisions would have all their players for a full block of games and would make a far better championship IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

or if there was a slight bit more leniency towards county players playing with their clubs. If you only got 1 or 2 extra club games (county league/junior/intermediate or what ever) or even 1 or 2 extra county championship rounds played at this stage then after the All Ireland final wouldnt be such a clusterfcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭kerryjack

A quick question was the double double ever done before and if it was by whom not getting carried away or nothing great achievement to see the minors back again I think they play a nice style of football great to see declan with jack the last day molding another young manager jack o connor is starting to stand out as one of the great football managers of our time he certainly works his magic at underage

• Registered Users Posts: 15,004 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

kerryjack wrote: »
    A quick question was the double double ever done before and if it was by whom not getting carried away or nothing great achievement to see the minors back again I think they play a nice style of football great to see declan with jack the last day molding another young manager jack o connor is starting to stand out as one of the great football managers of our time he certainly works his magic at underage

Your not getting carried away, the Kerry's Eye have already started.

They had a poster last week with pics of both teams and a column about the double double.

Apparently last done back in the 30s by Kerry of course, I'll post the exact details if I come across the poster another time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Connolly back for the game. I'm not as surprised as I should be with the state of the GAA these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

9bred4 wrote: »
    Connolly back for the game. I'm not as surprised as I should be with the state of the GAA these days

Its a right joke,but not one bit surprised that he is left play,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Its a right joke,but not one bit surprised that he is left play,

Imagine if it was Paul Galvin who got the red.

Stinicker wrote: »
    Imagine if it was Paul Galvin who got the red.

It wouldn't be a book that would be thrown at him,it would be a whole Library

Should be a great final and it would even better if we beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭acequion

McMenamin scoring a goal in the last quarter is becoming as predictable as the rain! So lets hope Eamonn and our lads have plans for him!

To beat the Dubs now would be super sweet so bring it on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Should be a great game, looks like Cian O Sullivan hamstring gone so will be a big loss to the dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

liam7831 wrote: »
    Should be a great game, looks like Cian O Sullivan hamstring gone so will be a big loss to the dubs

Thought twas cramp, time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gbeaso

The DRA will overturn it!! He'll be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

liam7831 wrote:

Cramp id say

Cramp id say

Shur he had to be carried off the pitch, has to be more than cramp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

I posted in the tickets thread also but looking for one ticket anywhere on the stadium. Not a member of sny club so can't apply. Been to all championship games and the two league games on Killarney. If anyone has one ping it'd be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

dobman88 wrote: »
    I posted in the tickets thread also but looking for one ticket anywhere on the stadium. Not a member of sny club so can't apply. Been to all championship games and the two league games on Killarney. If anyone has one ping it'd be greatly appreciated.

Next year you know what to do.

Jippo wrote: »
    Next year you know what to do.

Obviously but I'll get over this year first. Thanks.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Obviously but I'll get over this year first. Thanks.

Id say you have no nope of getting tickets off that thread anyway

Id say you have no nope of getting tickets off that thread anyway

Yeah I'm not pinning any hopes on it but don't ask don't get. Have a couple of other avenues to explore so would hope to get a ticket. Just covering all my bases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

yerra yerra, the dubs look mighty but the Kingdom are waiting like the sniper who took out Collins

one thing I can tell you, it will be a game for the ages, the trilogy will be compete

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Dublin have very good footballers all over the field. They have an extremely good defensive system in place with O'Sullivan and McCaffrey sweeping, and the picking the times for McCaffrey to attack.

However, I'm still not convinced on the ruthlessness of Gavin on the line. Connolly was a liability yesterday, poor movement, was run around by Keegan and coughed up a rake of posession, yet he stayed on until the game was won. Rock was similarly out of the game and it took Gavin an age to whip him off.

It certainly wasn't what we've come to expect from Fitzmaurice, and I'm glad he's on our side and not theirs. With the players and resources Dublin have, he'd be a scary prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

yerra yerra, the dubs look mighty but the Kingdom are waiting like the sniper who took out Collins

one thing I can tell you, it will be a game for the ages, the trilogy will be compete

coffee buzz?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

They were talking about Codys championship record there, its 82%.

Fitzmaurice has only 1 defeat in 3 years, i make it 1 defeat in 16, 13 wins 2 draws. 81%, which is great going.

It's 93% in terms of success over all.

Lads were gonna crush them, its gonna be an epic weekend, the countdown is on. No way they will handle our forwards which are much superior to Mayo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Lads were gonna crush them, its gonna be an epic weekend, the countdown is on. No way they will handle our forwards which are much superior to Mayo

Kerry would be very lucky if they will defeat Dublin, Kerry must get it tactically right, drive up our forwards and watch the short kick-out, this will force Cluxton to kick it long, Maher and Moran will clean up midfield if this happens. Kerry should then try a direct run through down the middle, Dublin's persistent fouling will see them give away alot of scorable frees, if Bryan Sheehan is on he will convert the long range frees, JOD alternaitvely especially for the closer in frees. Darran and big Tommy Walsh could be great impact subs to make in the 50th minute. If Cluxtons short kickout are neutralized we will have the beating of them, if Kevin McMenamin is brought on then two men must be put marking him at all times, shove back a man and breath down his neck. If McMenamin gets the ball and goes for goal, do whatever it takes to stop him, take the black or red card it is a team effort, if Kerry did that in 2011 and 2013 we'd have beaten them on both occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Stinicker wrote: »
    Kerry would be very lucky if they will defeat Dublin, Kerry must get it tactically right, drive up our forwards and watch the short kick-out, this will force Cluxton to kick it long, Maher and Moran will clean up midfield if this happens. Kerry should then try a direct run through down the middle, Dublin's persistent fouling will see them give away alot of scorable frees, if Bryan Sheehan is on he will convert the long range frees, JOD alternaitvely especially for the closer in frees. Darran and big Tommy Walsh could be great impact subs to make in the 50th minute. If Cluxtons short kickout are neutralized we will have the beating of them, if Kevin McMenamin is brought on then two men must be put marking him at all times, shove back a man and breath down his neck. If McMenamin gets the ball and goes for goal, do whatever it takes to stop him, take the black or red card it is a team effort, if Kerry did that in 2011 and 2013 we'd have beaten them on both occasions.

My thoughts exactly. We need to be right on top of the Dublin backs for every kickout, which we did do to an extent in 2013 but they just had too much for us that day. We are a better team now though, and I think Dublin might have regressed a bit. Time will tell.

I would trust fitzmaurice to get it right on the day, however the second day out against Mayo will bring Dublin along nicely and they will be very confident going into the game I'd imagine. Very hard one to call.

this is the most low key build up from a Kerry team i can ever remember. its all about Dublin

any idea where the after match function?

• Advertisement

any idea where the after match function?

Same place as last year The Ballsbridge Hotel

Tickets €20

http://traleetoday.ie/interested-in-going-to-the-post-all-ireland-final-function/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement