Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you date a mod or a person from boards??

• 09-04-2011 3:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

Well, would you?
    as this is the internet, we dont really know what other people look like.
    So what if you hit it off with a mod or user through pm's, posts / whatever.

would you meet them would you date them?

I mean, i was looking at this profile earlier - and suddenly I got the idea of what if you dated a person from boards.ie? like if that person was a boards.ie member! .... I mean, with no offense intended, 34 years old, one kid and "Weight: More than Generous" I think I would be turned off. Highly turned off. But hey thats just me ;)

thoughts? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

no, I wouldn't date you, stop asking :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

/looks for edit post

Wrong forum. Just kill it... kill it with fire :(

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Are you sure its not the fact shes from sligo that didn't put ya off????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

mods are people too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Moderators are all very beautiful people - anyone dating a mod is very , very lucky :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

In this country, you gotta become a mod first. Then when your a mod, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

:cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I know this for a fact ;):cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

No I wouldn't date someone that was on boards. Because that would imply they spent a lot more time on the internet than just tagging stupid pictures on facebook.

Boardies are the ultimate of internet savvy. Therefore, I could not have a relationship with them, as they would no doubt know how to check my internet history and would think i was one sick puppy.

NERDS DONT DO NAUGHTY

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Boardies are the ultimate of internet savvy ...they would no doubt know how to check my internet history and would think i was one sick puppy.

We did. And we think that.

Why do you think you're almost as worshipped as Tar? ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

mods are people too :(
    Source?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Has there ever been any Boards marriages lol??!!! :D Or like long-term developments?! :p

Ooohhhhh has there ever been any Boardsies babies ??!! How cool would that be!! :):)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There have been boards babies yes. I would and do, and it's great

Has there?! Wow! That's kinda cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭CoolGirl101

The net in general, yes.
    Boards......No way :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Has there ever been any Boards marriages lol??!!! :D Or like long-term developments?! :p

Ooohhhhh has there ever been any Boardsies babies ??!! How cool would that be!! :):)
    Yep and yep and yep (in that order).
    There have been boards babies yes. I would and do, and it's great
    Hon, you really shouldn't have babies, it will exacerbate your Channel Tunnel Syndrome!

And like, imagine when said babies become teens / young adults, n get into using the internet, n maybe even start posting on Boards lol, like this is the reason why they are here. :) I think that is so cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I would date me. I'm a catch.

Good for you Sarky. :) Have no idea if yer male or female lol. But kick-ass-ness (oh cool, that's going into the create new words thread now lol :D ) is appealing anyway I would say. :)

Sarky is female, with a bad case of hirsuitism, god love her. But she is definately a catch.

To be fair, you're slightly hairier.

• Advertisement

Clearly only because you insist. You like your men with a lil chest hair.

Anyone who doesn't is some sort of inhuman freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭sxt

Did anyone else take exceptional offfense .. seperating a mod from a human poster....as if a mod had some extraterestial talents not prone to a normal boards user!?

We do, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Sarky wrote: »

Cod you are so right, I'm casting my net so don't wriggle too much, sure we'll have a whale of a time.:pac:

/cries at marine mammals being used in fish puns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

I have done in the past actually but never knew she was a mod here until I stumbled across her nick one day. Not a good idea using the same nick all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Sarky wrote: »
    He so is. It's the beard.

And yes, I would date a Boardsie, though I don't think himself would approve.
    I know several Boards couples.
    And have seen Boardsie babies.
    Sure, one of those little ones was named after Darragh the other day. True.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I am dating a boardsie!

So I guess she is dating a mod too. Though the lack of power that a mod has is disappointing her, so I have to pretend to be DeV to keep her.
    Good thing I've the real DeV locked in Tars basement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Not sure depends on the person I suppose. I be less likely to go out with a mod rather than a boardsie member but honestly, don't think dating people from the internet is wise for me as I haven't had great experience with online dating. So personally no but If I met them at beers I might think differently and treat it as a random meeting on a night out...I guess it depends on the person and situation.

Advertisement