Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Die Cutting or Embossing

• 06-07-2014 2:51am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

looking for custom embossing machine or die cutting machines

I want to do it all myself as it is for 12" record card sleeves for my record label, costs effective etc

idea 1 - record labels logo cut into the card , with all detail included.

idea 2 - embossed logo and writing on the sleeve

Is there a way of me getting plates cut with my logo on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

You'd probably need an accucut grande mark as it's the largest die cutting machine for the hobby market. They also offer a die making service - check out accucut crafts for details. There are custom die makers in the UK as well - I know my brother has used one.
    I have a grande mark if you wanted to have a look at it or need any more info.
    Sizzix also produce a 12 inch die cutting machine - but their dies are a different size and you'd need to get custom dies produced by them.
    hope this helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

You'd probably need an accucut grande mark as it's the largest die cutting machine for the hobby market. They also offer a die making service - check out accucut crafts for details. There are custom die makers in the UK as well - I know my brother has used one.
    I have a grande mark if you wanted to have a look at it or need any more info.
    Sizzix also produce a 12 inch die cutting machine - but their dies are a different size and you'd need to get custom dies produced by them.
    hope this helps.

thanks for that i appreciate it, i would have got back to you sooner but it looks as if you start a thread it doesn't come on your control panel when you get a response :roll eyes:

Im curious to hear more about it and how you use yours, like will it cut a logo into my record sleeve, with the detail in the logo cut out, also do i have to get custom dies cut for my logo?

A V A wrote: »
    thanks for that i appreciate it, i would have got back to you sooner but it looks as if you start a thread it doesn't come on your control panel when you get a response :roll eyes:

Im curious to hear more about it and how you use yours, like will it cut a logo into my record sleeve, with the detail in the logo cut out, also do i have to get custom dies cut for my logo?

Just a thought but if the cardstock isn't too thick & you are not producing thousands at a time then have you looked at using a plotter like the silhouette cameo? It's versatile and you can change the design as and when you like - then use it to produce vinyl for promo t-shirts etc. I have the bigger graphtec plotter and the smaller silhouette rather than the cameo - although I have never cut card with the larger machine but they do give excellent design ability. It's not the fastest in the world though.
    MDP supplies in the North will give you any info you need about them - explain what you want to do and they'll give you the best advice.

But back to the logo - have you a pic of the design?
    this is the die cutting machine - basically large rollers http://www.accucutcraft.com/grandemark-multi-craft-cutting-machine.html

Dies can be layered cuts - basically once you bend a piece of steel into the design you want it can be done. You'd need a die made for each logo/size you'd need.

http://www.accucutcraft.com/dies-and-sets/accents-and-tags.html?p=2

hope this helps

sorry but the price of that machine i could get a large bulk of done professionally :eek:

A V A wrote: »
    sorry but the price of that machine i could get a large bulk of done professionally :eek:

No problem - they are professional level pieces of equipment and there's nothing that I know of on the market that would do the job cheaper on such a large cardstock base, without going into manufacturing processing.

• Advertisement

iv tried humour of places here in ireland for embossing or die cutting but no look,

Advertisement