Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-02-2012, 20:44   #31
P4DDY2K11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Cream View Post
big fan of maverick, as you all know, he sings and raps, hes hip hop.
a certain other artist sings and raps but hes not hip hop, someone explain this to me like im a two year old?
you're talking about drake, he is a rapper in my opinion even though he sings and raps, mos def sings and raps too, he's still a well respected mc.

Drakes still a fairly bad rapper all the same.
Advertisement
17-02-2012, 21:28   #32
conor.hogan.2

Rap vs Hip-Hop music, fairly standard. Not everyone agrees, obviously, everything is relative.
17-02-2012, 21:31   #33
P4DDY2K11

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor.hogan.2 View Post
Rap vs Hip-Hop music, fairly standard. Not everyone agrees, obviously, everything is relative.
fairly certain hugh has me on his ignore list so i wasted my time even replying to his ridiculous post in the first place.
17-02-2012, 21:32   #34
conor.hogan.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4DDY2K11 View Post
fairly certain hugh has me on his ignore list so i wasted my time even replying to his ridiculous post in the first place.
Calling Mav not hip-hop was even more ridiculous.
Thanks from:
17-02-2012, 21:42   #35
Hugh Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor.hogan.2 View Post
Calling Mav not hip-hop was even more ridiculous.
i bought mav's cd the other day, looked in the hip hop section for 37 minutes, told the guy behind counter he was wrong when he said mav wouldnt be in hip hop as my mate conor told me he was hip hop.
jesus christ was i embarrassed when it turned out toby was right.
Advertisement
17-02-2012, 21:43   #36
conor.hogan.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Cream View Post
i bought mav's cd the other day, looked in the hip hop section for 37 minutes, told the guy behind counter he was wrong when he said mav wouldnt be in hip hop as my mate conor told me he was hip hop.
jesus christ was i embarrassed when it turned out toby was right.
I bought KRS-ONE from the r&b section, does not make him r&b.
17-02-2012, 21:46   #37
Boom_Bap

Refer to post #28 in this thread before you post again
17-02-2012, 21:53   #38
Hugh Cream

do posters not determine the the subject/direction of a thread?
18-02-2012, 01:57   #39
Phoenix
Arisen from the ash

One warning has been issued.any further posts derailing the thread or questioning mods decisions will have bans issued.any queries please check the charter or pm myself or my co-mod.
Advertisement
18-02-2012, 16:45   #40
danbrosnan

If maverick sabre didn't start to sing then we would not be talking about him ere, he said it himself before, that when he stood up and rapped at gigs people laughed because of his accent, in the songs 'open my eyes' and 'sometimes' he raps on the verses but with rhythm and rhyme. The problem is lads he has got, lets face it an irish accent and i don't mean to be starting trouble ere but irish rappers are never gonna become superstars. I think maverick saber knew this and worked very very hard to make his music and his voice more appealing to a wider audience. I think he the most intelligent and talented artists to ever come out of this country since bono. Now i don't think this country was very welcoming to him according to this lyrics but he did come back and shoot his new video in new ross. So ireland must have a place in his heart thank god. Now one more thing from reading about him, he adores bob marley and i think this influenced his voice and rapping style. I remember years ago hearing him on the internet when he was only 14 or 15, and i knew straight away he gonna be a superstar. I was only young myself and i put loads of people on to his bebo and myspace pages so instead of people fighting about what genre he his, go out and buy his album!!!!
Thanks from:
01-03-2012, 22:37   #41
diamondtooth

I went to Mavericks sold out gig in the Academy last night. It was brilliant. He sang really well and even though his album is only out a few weeks, lots of the crowd knew his songs lyrics. Really enjoyed this gig and he seemed delighted to be getting such a good response from the crowd.

And his show in Glasgow tonight is sold out too, and his album has spent 3 weeks in the UK top 10 so far!
Thanks from:
02-03-2012, 09:02   #42
danbrosnan

He playing in the inec in killarney shortly too...
02-03-2012, 09:20   #43
bureau2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondtooth View Post
I went to Mavericks sold out gig in the Academy last night. It was brilliant. He sang really well and even though his album is only out a few weeks, lots of the crowd knew his songs lyrics. Really enjoyed this gig and he seemed delighted to be getting such a good response from the crowd.

And his show in Glasgow tonight is sold out too, and his album has spent 3 weeks in the UK top 10 so far!
I rated him from the first time I heard him! Star Quality, and, most important, great songs.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion