Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Surf Fundraiser for RNLI, Liquid Therapy.. Bray Beach Sat July 12th

• 01-07-2014 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭

The East Coast Surf Club are organising a fundraiser for RNLI & Liquid Therapy On Saturday July 12 at 1pm in Bray. http://paddlealongtheprom.wordpress.com/ . Liquid Therapy brings young people facing physical, mental, emotional and behavioural challenges into the ocean. The RNLI lifeboat crews save lives at sea.

The first "Paddle along the Prom" will see surfers, Stand Up Paddle Boarders, Kayakers, canoeists, rafters and some Dragon Boats paddling their crafts from the South Beach/Bray Head end to the beach at the Harbour end. We're trying to get as many people into the water at the same time to help out these deserving charities.

If everyone chipped in €20 (or as much as they collect from sponsorship), then we’d be well on our way .

Bring your friends / family / dogs who like to ride on surf boards.

Bray Summerfest will be on so there’ll be
    · A food and craft market
    · Buskers on the Beach
    · Street Entertainers on the seafront
    · There’ll be a few tokens for free funfair rides for participants.
    · Free music on in the evening on the bandstand with Kila

Hope to see you out there on there on the day. Email me if you need details or directions or ask questions below on the thread. If you could let me know if you’re coming out so I can get a handle on logistics.

Like the Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paddle-Along-The-Prom/767522446605954?ref=hl). Share the event with your surfing and non-surfing friends, the kayakers and the canoeists, or build a raft and let’s make it a really big event. Fancy dress is always a plus.

If you're a business and want to get involved / donate some spot prizes, email me and I'll get in touch.

Cheers,

Frank Gordon
    chairperson@eastcoastsurfclub.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Big thanks to Bundoran Surf Co. for sending us up some spot prizes ........

Hey guys,

If you're coming out for the Paddle Along the Prom, we'll be hitting the water at about 1pm down the Bray Head end at the Boathouse Coffee Shop.

We'll be there registering people from 12pm to collect money raised and so we know how many people will be in the water.

Hope to see kayakers, SUPpers, surfers along on the day.

cheers,
    Frank

Big thanks to East Coast Kayaks for giving us the loan of some kayaks and boards...

Thanks to everyone who turned up to the event the other week.

We raised €600 for the RNLI and Liquid Therapy.

Luckily the current and the wind was with us and the sun was out. We had longboarders, short boarders, kayakers and SUPpers.

Roll on next year.

Big thanks to East Coast Kayaks for supplying boards and boats and to Bundoran Surf Co for donating some spot prizes.

Advertisement