Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mosin nagant

Options
  • 17-08-2014 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Anyone know of dealers with these in stock?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

You could try here, John is a gent.
    http://www.fingalsports.com/classic.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Paddy Fagan in Gunshop.ie has one for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

The Alamo in Kerry has a couple as well.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

juice1304 wrote: »
    You could try here, John is a gent.
    http://www.fingalsports.com/classic.html

Dead sound, I'll be going back to him when I get some cash together.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 LiamLad

Thanks for the info lads i'll know where to look now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmVJYB3uDkc

Here's a little encouragment, Mosin Tennessee style :) Its fun watching him have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Just interested how much is ammo its the 7.62 X54R?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

They seem to be cheaper than the Lee Enfield and the ammunition seems to be easier to come by coz the Russians still make them for the PKM.

My Grandfather was one of the Irish Volunteers who was mobilised to March to meet the Aud to unload the rifles in Kerry in 1916. They were rifles the Germans captured off the Russians during the opening battles of WW1, I think at the battle of the Masurian Lakes.

I magine if they had landed, there would be far more Mosin nagants than Lee Enfields at the Classic Rifle events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

LiamLad wrote: »
    Anyone know of dealers with these in stock?

LiamLad,
    Have you considered an Enfield, K31, or K98?

FISMA....nothing set in stone yet, i like the rugedness of the mosin and its history....but if i had the choice of a mosin or k98 which ever would feel best and fit best i would buy.

• Advertisement

Here's a little encouragment, Mosin Tennessee style :) Its fun watching him have fun.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know if you can have a bayonet on a rifle here in ireland??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

FISMA....nothing set in stone yet, i like the rugedness of the mosin and its history....but if i had the choice of a mosin or k98 which ever would feel best and fit best i would buy.

I have had them all and would greatly urge you to consider buying, in this order:
    1) Enfield No4 Mk2
    2) Mauser K98
    3) Swiss K31

If the Springfield 03 was available in Eire, it might have been #4. However, it is just a bootlegged Mauser, so it does not make the list. The Garand would be at the top, but for obvious reasons, she is not there.

I have an Irish Enfield and a K31. I had two Nagants which I traded with a few other toys for a nice Browning.

The Enfield and the K31 are a quantum leap above the Nagants. There are a few things I like about the Nagants, but again, they are few.

I would recommend getting a Nagant if you were paying $100 or $200, but nothing more.

For the prices you are going to pay in Eire, along with the hassle, save a few more euro and get the Enfield or K31. They are both that much better.

1shot16 wrote: »
    Just interested how much is ammo its the 7.62 X54R?

Calibre 7.62X54R 182Grn FMJ €85 Per 100 €18 Per Box of 20

that is in fingal sports online shop

Here's a little encouragment, Mosin Tennessee style :) Its fun watching him have fun.

Anyone know if you can have a bayonet on a rifle here in ireland??[/QUOTE]

Were they not originally zeroed with the bayonet on?

Supposedly with bayonet fixed, although I doubt it would make too much difference.

EWQuinn wrote: »
    Supposedly with bayonet fixed, although I doubt it would make too much difference.

Maybe enough to justify having it on the gun?

My view, I think you want it on the gun for historical accuracy if nothing else, if allowed in ROI.

Check this link out (below), it seems pretty good. It talks about battle sight zero and how to adjust one, and the affect of the bayonet.

Edit: Just noticed, this link is Part 3, which appears on topic for what you are asking. At the bottom of that article are links to parts 1 and 2, first of which is kind of a buying guide. Overall it seems pretty good.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/09/ralph/ralph%E2%80%99s-guide-to-your-first-mosin-nagant-9130-pt-3/

(PS I have an M39 Finnish Mosin, so I can't help too much with the Model 91 from personal experience, but people seem to really like them. With the M39, Finns put shims in the stock under the receiver, and to keeping it shooting straight its all about keeping the shims in place and tight.)

Advertisement