Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Air Rifle Scope mounts ?

• 11-08-2014 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

I recently purchased a Weihrauch HW 97KT Synthetic .22 18FT/Lbs rifle.
    The single scope mount is a bit low so I am going to up grade it. I am considering a Sportsmatch Dampa one-piece double strap mount (DM60).
    All views (pos/neg) welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

There will be a nice belt of recoil out of it so don't skimp on the mount!! Definitely go one piece! !

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

I was thinking of getting that model for close range hunting, as I like the self sufficiency of the spring power. Do you mind my asking how you are liking it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭021CRETE01

I was thinking of getting that model for close range hunting, as I like the self sufficiency of the spring power. Do you mind my asking how you are liking it?

Hi M.G.
    To be honest I would love to be able to inform you but I can't. Reason being -- the gun is in my safe until Christmas as it's a present from my wife for then,(counting the days). I was going to buy new later in year but this came up as a second-hand package with scope & mount included at a good price and as good as new (a few months old),so I couldn't let it pass. The rifle was purchased from Patrick Carley Firearms in Enniscorthy. Great shop and a gent to deal with. Apologies for not having any relevant info for you. Good Luck with your shopping anyway.

Crete

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Had a HW97k in .22 loved it fired 3k rounds through it no problems but sold it on for a .22lr

Highly recommend could shoot 250 pellets at targets no bother all day long...great value for money only thing is you cant reset the safety i never liked that!

Will buy one again at some stage!

BTW jsb's are the best through it...25 yards all 3 pellets through same hole :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jmcp

just bought one of these 97kt and should get it at the weekend, all reviews give it a good report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

^ .177 .20 or .22?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jmcp

got my hw97kt which is the standard 12ft lbs, did you change your gun to 18ft lbs or did it come that way, and have you shot any groups with it yet. its a ,22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭021CRETE01

Hi jmcp,

My rifle came at 18ft/lbs but I did not use it yet as it's a 2014 xmas pressie, dying of "lead starvation" in my safe. Good luck with yours anyway but let us know how you get on.
    Crete

Advertisement