Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Changing Fiat Punto interior

Options
  • 29-04-2014 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I bought an '02 Fiat Punto mk2 there the other day and I really hate the interior of it:
    mPR_pqr4EbjNE6t5p2Ke-MQ.jpg
    So I want to update it a bit but I really don't want to rip out the seats and put in new ones, just want to cover it up with some new car seat covers and I'd like to replace the headrests. I went onto the Halfords website though and all their car seat covers have gotten crappy reviews saying they're poor quality, most of them saying they ripped or broke when they were putting them in! Anyone know of any good sites/shops in Dublin where I can pick up good quality covers. Also anyone have any experience with changing the headrests in a Punto? Ta!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Get some seats out of a HLX or sporting model. Even an ELX has way nicer seats than those basic ones.

Is yours 3 or 5 door?

Seat covers went out with the ark.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

She's a 5 door. So basically you can't get good quality seat covers, you have to buy new seats? Hmmm :confused:

You can buy covers of course, but they'll never be as nice as seats and good ones cost a lot.

Www.partfinder.ie will give you details of breakers near you with puntos for breaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Get some seats out of a HLX or sporting model. Even an ELX has way nicer seats than those basic ones.

I'll second that, I had an ELX and the interior was fantastic. The easy way to spot them is the headrests don't have a cut out, they're all one fabric piece.

Pretty much any Fiat group seats will fit the front, they all share the same bracketry. Personally I'd be looking out for a cheap set of Alfa 147/156 seats (I'd go for fabric, but you can get leather). Incidentally, the rears from the 147/156 5 door will fit a mk2 5 door Punto also with a mild bit of bracket drilling. A Seicento sporting or Punto sporting have fantastic seats also. Even a bog spec Bravo/a has much nicer seats. You're lucky in that you have a 5 door, so you can use front seats from a 3 or 5 door donor car.

You'd pay as much for a pair of seats from a car being broke as you would a set of seat covers. And as you say, the cheapo ones are very poor quality. Even a set of expensive seat covers won't be tailor made for a mk2 Punto, so they'll never fit 100%.

Photo0677.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Alfa 147/156 front seats are a straight swap into a Punto. Rears require a bit of fiddlin to fit.

Better than covers! If you want a lovely set of velour 156 seats, I have a set here I'd let go for peanuts..... :D

• Advertisement

Ok I think buying new seats looks to be the best option, but how/where do I go about doing that?

See post 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

jc4517 wrote: »
    Ok I think buying new seats looks to be the best option, but how/where do I go about doing that?

Honestly, I'd be taking DGT's offer of 156 seats. They're a nice neutral colour, they'll bolt straight into the Punto in 10 minutes flat, and they're one of the best looking and most surprisingly comfortable seats I've sat in. This is what you'll end up with:

1001085.jpg

dgt wrote: »
    Alfa 147/156 front seats are a straight swap into a Punto. Rears require a bit of fiddlin to fit.

Better than covers! If you want a lovely set of velour 156 seats, I have a set here I'd let go for peanuts..... :D

Very nice, how much would you be willing to let them go for? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

jc4517 wrote: »
    Very nice, how much would you be willing to let them go for? :D

PM'd ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 fiat_driver

Hy there,i have a fiat punto to ,mine is since 2004,and i whant to change my seats to,they are very inconfortable (i am tall)...my question is,wil alfa romeo 156 backseat fit in my punto,i saw the front seat fit (scuse my bad english)...
    Thank's!

Advertisement