Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for lyrics - Cathal McConnell tune - Second hand trousers from Belcoo

• 15-09-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I heard a fella singing this on Sunday in Comhaltas in Monkstown and can't find the lyrics anywhere - called "The second hand trousers I bought in Belcoo" it's a short funny song - any ideas where I might pick up the lyrics pls? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Dick Dastardly

Thanks howdoyouknow but no joy under Seamus Moore either through Google or itunes. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭howdoyouknow

I heard a fella singing this on Sunday in Comhaltas in Monkstown and can't find the lyrics anywhere - called "The second hand trousers I bought in Belcoo" it's a short funny song - any ideas where I might pick up the lyrics pls? Thanks.

I thought it would be easy enough got but some googling proved useless. You'll probably have to get them from listening to the song. I'd be familiar with Seamus Moore singing this song if your having trouble getting the song on CD you should be able to get his version fairly easy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Patacat

The song is on Hidden Fermanagh (2 CDs & a book). The book seems to be hard to come by now & some fekir on Amazon is flogging a 2nd hand copy for £120!

I have a copy of the book somewhere & will send you the lyrics if you don't already have them.

The song was written by Sandy McConnell, Cathal & Micky's father.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Dick Dastardly

Patacat wrote: »
    The song is on Hidden Fermanagh (2 CDs & a book). The book seems to be hard to come by now & some fekir on Amazon is flogging a 2nd hand copy for £120!

I have a copy of the book somewhere & will send you the lyrics if you don't already have them.

The song was written by Sandy McConnell, Cathal & Micky's father.

Thanks patacat - I got sorted out with a copy of them by mountcisco - not sure where his post is gone off the thread though! Thanks anyway.

Advertisement