Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

You know you're old when....

• 12-04-2014 11:33pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

s1-getting-old-1024x609.gif

1345139983533_547476.png

funny-years-facts-I-feel-old.jpg

gettingold.jpg

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,014 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Phoey! those are comics by someone in their mid 40's. You ain't in the ha'penny place!

Edit: I didn't know Neil Armstrong was dead though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I don't understand a lot of that - so I must be YOUNG!! (again) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,772 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You know you're getting old when you start out-living buildings :eek:

Two in Dublin city that I can remember being built (Rathmines Swimming Pool and an office building on the canal) have recently been knocked and rebuilt. Very depressing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Steve wrote: »
    IMAGES

:D

Everyone one of those had not a drop of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

1242761_f520.jpg

you-know-your-old-when.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

You know you are getting old when
    emmm...
    err...
    humm...

/Wanders away

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

You're using your credit card online and you have to scroll down such a long way to find the year you were born!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

....when you can’t stand people who are intolerant.;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

You really know you're old when you don't remember starting this thread...
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Some of the female European Election candidates look Hawt! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

You know you are getting old when not only do you remember your school being built, and later you remember it being demolished to make way for new (ha) houses, but the local education authority doesn't know what you mean when you ask about pictures of the place.

You should have done what I did - I took a photo of my old school before they tore it down. I must have been the cleverest in that school as I have the only photo in existence of the place!

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    You should have done what I did - I took a photo of my old school before they tore it down. I must have been the cleverest in that school as I have the only photo in existence of the place!

Yon know when you're old when you take pictures of things that you know will be torn down soon and want to preserve them in some way coz you remember all the other things that were torn down in your lifetime that you didn't take fotos of;)

Yon know when you're old when you take pictures of things that you know will be torn down soon and want to preserve them in some way coz you remember all the other things that were torn down in your lifetime that you didn't take fotos of;)

True. Very true.

Now I'm sad. frown.png

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    True. Very true.

Now I'm sad. frown.png

Awe. Don't be, please?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

You only feel old when you admit it to yourself. Think young and cop on. Fook them all when you are still standing on your feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,014 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You know you are getting old when the young fella in the cinema gives you a senior concession ticket without you asking for it...

looksee wrote: »
    You know you are getting old when the young fella in the cinema gives you a senior concession ticket without you asking for it...

Which cinema, where, and what's his name????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

You know that self-service till in Tesco.

When you buy Booze, you need a Supervisor, to insert a secret code,

They have three options,

1. ID checked

2. It's obvious he's over 21

3. It's VERY obvious he's over 21

Mine keeps picking option 3 .

You know you are old when you go looking for clothes on some auction sites only to find what you are looking for is in the vintage section, not only that but you are still wearing some of the stuff! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

honeybear wrote: »
    You're using your credit card online and you have to scroll down such a long way to find the year you were born!

one car insurance firm i was trying to get an estimate from....their date list ended before my year...

Graces7 wrote: »
    one car insurance firm i was trying to get an estimate from....their date list ended before my year...

Must have been a very young company! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Graces7 wrote: »

LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

When you see someone in a Nirvana t-shirt & you think to yourself "bloody kid wasn't even around back then" conveniently forgetting the Grateful Dead t-shirt you had as a teen...

Tou know you are getting on when you tell everyone that the bad winter was in '63 or '47 or any year except this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

You know you are really old when.....the first house you wanted to buy was £20K..... You were £500. Short.... And it sold recently for € 350K...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

old hippy wrote: »
    ...conveniently forgetting the Grateful Dead t-shirt you had as a teen still have...
    :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

You know you are old when.... err.... what was I saying?.. Oh yes, I remember 1957 and the long hot summer...

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

You know your getting old when you have to explain to the kids you work with what dial-up Internet was.

• Advertisement

You know you are getting on when you stand up top switch the TV off .... forgetting it has no off switch as you turn it off with the remote you just tried to make a phone call with

Advertisement