Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gems from the 90's

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

These guys may have been mentioned already, like many bands from over the years, I'm discovering them quite late - surprised I've only heard of these guys now though given their link to The Cure.

Cranes - Wish

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

These guys may have been mentioned already, like many bands from over the years, I'm discovering them quite late - surprised I've only heard of these guys now though given their link to The Cure.

Cranes - Wish

Good track choice

Jim_Kiy wrote: »

Even more surprised when i booked tickets for their London gig On Sun 19th August for 30 pounds...followed the London link from here..
    http://theafghanwhigs.com/

I see this poster is no longer a member here which is too bad 'cos I was at this gig too, and for anyone who's interested these guys blew my F---in' brains out! Brilliant! Every single song vastly superior to the recorded version, and they weren't half bad to begin with.

Personal faves were "Crime Scene, Part one" "I'm Her Slave", what I thought to be a "new" song (though I know now it's a cover) called "See And Don't See".

Absolute highlight though was a really explosive version of "Citi Soleil" that practically stripped the paint off the walls.

Couldn't really gauge the crowd by the way. I know the venue holds about 1500-ish but it does have two balconies and I couldn't see what was going on there. I was right at the front which was packed, so for the benefit of rock'n'roll I sincerely hope the upper two floors were just as buzzing.

P.S Saw Mudhoney in the same venue about three years ago. Great gig, they were really good, and as a band I've always liked Mudhoney's records a lot more than Afghan Whigs. But just going by the gigs I gotta say the Whigs put on the better of two excellent shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I see this poster is no longer a member here which is too bad 'cos I was at this gig too.

He's not gone. Merely changed accounts to notnumber.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Yeah still here I did buy the ticket but could nt afford to complete the trip..makes me feel much better to know it was fantastic :mad:

Advertisement