Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

First! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gimmick wrote: »
    As "superthreads" have to be limited to 10000 posts for the time being at least, I have had to close our original OTT.

boooooooooo

129031335512532288.jpg

im the serious mod :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

ITS TIME TO handsomely SHAKE THINGS UP A BIT

39_1.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ITS TIME TO SHAKE THINGS UP A BIT

ill have to check but i thought it was against the charter for those words to be posted here unaccompanied by a pic of Vinnie Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

ill have to check but i thought it was against the charter for those words to be posted here unaccompanied by a pic of Vinnie Mac
    I'm looking I have a favourite one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

HARDEN THE **** UP LADS:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

:( The old thread's gonna be missed.. Many epic moments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Spurs looked a right Dogs Dinner without Modric. Doesn't help that they haven't got 1 good enough striker. Friedel played well,like last monday it would of been a complete drubbing without a good keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Here lads. I don't like change :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Here lads. I don't like change :(

You could make an exception when it comes to yer jocks though.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Anyone here after/got a HP touchpad?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

flahavaj wrote: »
    You could make an exception when it comes to yer jocks though.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

in the new beginning mood myself, unemployed again, couldn't have happened at a better time with mania to still pay off fully and a trip to nyc booked in november.

anyway i still have a pt dishwashing job to go back to but thinking of going back to school but nervous about going back into that enviroment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

:( The old thread's gonna be missed.. Many epic moments

Can't believe I had to scroll a whole 8 posts to see this. It's become a PW Boards meme now!

I'm off to NYC on Friday for 5 days. Staying in Manhattan. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭cena

Voltwad wrote: »
    Can't believe I had to scroll a whole 8 posts to see this. It's become a PW Boards meme now!

I'm hoping too for 3 weeks thanks giving week. such a nice too be there.

Oh. Go too M&m world. its really dear there. Get yourself an nypd or fdny hoodie if you see them. Have a cousin in the fire department over there. Would love too be in the nypd. have done since a child. And its slipping away from my.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Voltwad wrote: »

Breakfast at tick tock diner every morning!

Open top bus tour is a nice way to see the city and learn about the history.

Statue of Liberty

Empire state

Walk around central park to clear a hangover

Lots of bargains in the shops

A comfy pair of shoes for all the walking you will be doing.

Where abouts are you staying?

I ****ing love NY, cant wait to go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Pancakes at Tick tock sounds good round about now.

Have a beer at teh Woodland Brewhouse. It is at the foot of the ESB.

I enjoy just people watching in Time Square.

Do the "Circle Tour". Its a river trip, shows many of the main sights.

Take a walk around the meat Packing District. It is so far removed from Manhattan its unreal.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Shake Shack do awesome burgers. Highly recommend.
    Madison Square Park
    Southeast corner of Madison Square Park, near Madison Ave. and East 23rd St.

UFO (Unidentified Flying Chicken)
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/ufc---unidentified-flying-chickens-queens
    was really nice as well, out in brooklyn, go during the day lol.

ach i can't remember the name of the toy store that was filmed in tom hank's big. It's close to the apple store. FAO Schwartz!

also check out the seinfeld restaurant.

ya times square is pretty awesome. there's seats and a stand too. there's a ticket u can buy to do a few sights at once. Oh and the Natural History Museum.

I think the ghostbusters HQ is there too; although they moved the GB sign inside :(

There so much too do over guys compared too here. And the public transport is much cheaper than here.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I think I seen a video of theirs on tv last week it was like a mix of Call of Duty & Action Man it was pretty cool. Can't remember the name of the song though.
    Arah Arsene now that Nasri is gone to City will you fúck off out & start buying for goodness sake.

Sparks Restaurant Votwad for the finest steak you will ever eat in your entire life. I go to NY every January and its probably the thing I look forward to most. All the old mobsters used to eat in there. Many's a Made Man has eaten his fill in there. Sublime.

http://www.sparkssteakhouse.com/

Greatest City in the world IMO, you couldn't possibly run out of things to do. Go into Abercrombie and Fitch and ask them for a job as a male model standing around all day in your underwear. Or go visit the Scientology HQ and rip the p*ss.:pac:

To add to the NY steak recomendations try http://www.frankieandjohnnies.com/steakhouses/frankieandjohnnies.html

Just off Times sq and all the theatres. Has aload of signed actors portraits on the walls , like that place Troy McClure took Selma to in The Simpsons and the waiter looks like Mr Bean.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Sparks Restaurant Votwad for the finest steak you will ever eat in your entire life. I go to NY every January and its probably the thing I look forward to most.

Whats january like over there.
    Dallas bbq is a nice play too get food.
    http://www.dallasbbq.com/times-square.

Ripleys believe it or not. Is good for a laugh. fao schwarz is A great toy store. Some great stuff in there.
    Time square I think should really be seen at night time with all the lights on etc.

cena wrote: »
    Whats january like over there.
    Dallas bbq is a nice play too get food.
    http://www.dallasbbq.com/times-square.

Ripleys believe it or not. Is good for a laugh. fao schwarz is A great toy store. Some great stuff in there.
    Time square I think should really be seen at night time with all the lights on etc.

I like it in Jan, it does be very cold, but I kinda like it that way. Central park is class with a layer of snow over it. From what I've heard it gets very unpleasant in th Summer with the heat and humidity ahich I wouldn't enjoy at all. You can always get very good prices on flights in January as well and there are great sales in the shops. I normally despise shopping but for some reason I don't mind it over there. Great bargains to be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I walk through customs in America and I turn into a woman when it comes to the shops. Needed an extra suitcase last time for the way back. Its a orgy of spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

do macy's still do that thing for international customers where you essentially get the tax discounted if so make sure to go there i got a authentic ferrari f1 t-shirt for $15 dollars last time i was over saw the same one in a shop back here 90 yoyo's

jmolloy wrote: »
    do macy's still do that thing for international customers where you essentially get the tax discounted if so make sure to go there i got a authentic ferrari f1 t-shirt for $15 dollars last time i was over saw the same one in a shop back here 90 yoyo's

I think they. They asked for my mothers pass port last thanks giving weekend. What a store. The two of ous went in too see santa last time. We even got a picture with him and all for free.

I'm hoping too have the flights book next month. May even make it a one way ticket. Lol.

gimmick wrote: »
    I walk through customs in America and I turn into a woman when it comes to the shops. Needed an extra suitcase last time for the way back. Its a orgy of spending.

There is some really good deal too be be got alright. Had too get a second suitcase coming back too.

• Advertisement

Time to rename this thread ''the NYC appreciation thread''

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement