Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BBC HD gone?

• 27-09-2014 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭

I had BBC HD tuned into other channels, but now its gone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

Note: Astra 28
    BBC 1-2-3 HD 10846k / 23000 / V
    BBC 4 HD 11022k / 23000 / H

All working here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

easkey wrote: »
    Note: Astra 28
    BBC 1-2-3 HD 10846k / 23000 / V
    BBC 4 HD 11022k / 23000 / H

All working here.

I get no channels found with those numbers?

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I get no channels found with those numbers?

The channels are there!!!;)
    Did your dish move?
    OR there is some other reason :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

Do you need to enter the FEC on a Sky box? It's 2/3 on those DVB-S2 transponders.

Thurston? wrote: »
    Do you need to enter the FEC on a Sky box? It's 2/3 on those DVB-S2 transponders.

That would be YES:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Still no joy, i have ch4 hd, UTV hd, used to have BBC hd, but on above numbers with fec 2/3 Dvb s2 ,for a split second it looks like it found them but then goes to no channels found? may be my box has developed a fault?

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    ... for a split second it looks like it found them but then goes to no channels found? may be my box has developed a fault?

Something similar was mentioned in another thread about a week ago: OP said he 'sorted' it after figuring out the 'mode was incorrect', whatever that means. Can you list all the settings that have to be entered & the options that are available to fill them?

Something similar was mentioned in another thread about a week ago: OP said he 'sorted' it after figuring out the 'mode was incorrect', whatever that means. Can you list all the settings that have to be entered & the options that are available to fill them?

i have this modulation scheme qpsk or 8psk?

It's 8PSK: BBC HD channels are DVB-S2, 8PSK, symbol rate 23000, FEC 2/3.

It's 8PSK: BBC HD channels are DVB-S2, 8PSK, symbol rate 23000, FEC 2/3.

At last ! I got BBC hd channels back, a lot more settings then there use to be.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Does BBC HD carry anything different from BBC1 and BBC2?

There's no such channel as 'BBC HD' any more. Only difference between SD & HD is there are more regional variants of BBC1 & 2 in SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Does BBC HD carry anything different from BBC1 and BBC2?

The lineup isnt always 100% the same and sometimes they dont carry some news bulletins...but all in all its worthy having if you have a hd box for better pic quality...the bbc 1 & 2 hd channels are already on the sky epg..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭lertsnim

There's no such channel as 'BBC HD' any more.

It still exists in Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

That was me. With the Sky update you now have two additional details to complete, STANDARD and MODULATION SCHEME. You need to ensure you have the correct details filled in here otherwise it will not find the channels.

Advertisement