Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The O&O 2014 World Cup Thread

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Rubecula wrote: »
    M'Lady Beruthiel may like this as an idea: (Caution contains some rather rude words)

Rude words??? Can't watch that, even with sound off - it contains Gordon DH&%! Ramsey!!!! Eeeeuuuuwwww! Surely a banning offence! Ref.... REF....Where's "delete?" I'll have to wash my monitor now. Quick, get some fuhhballin' on. Oh, I think diamorphine can affect memory and I'm due some soon. Aahhhhhhhh Thank Heavens.

Pheeeeewwww.

"Hmmm, well?", he says, trying to see some positive in everything and everyone, "'spose he could make a good organ donor".

Thanks, Mrs. BrensBenz, you're a star. I'll just flick through the channels........maybe Jessica is on and ..............oh noooooooo.........it's that cooking mockney cockney obnox prat with a tongue like a gammon steak. Whyyyyyyyyy didn't I just stay in bed??? Nurse.......!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

relax Brens it is all a figment of your imagination, he is not real. He can't be. They would not let him breed if he was and he has childers. No no no not for the pot. Not even for soup. Just victims to try out his recipe for hare and chocolate. He likes his football too ..... but knows nothing about it.

3rd place play off today.

anyone got any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Rubecula wrote: »

3rd place play off today.

anyone got any thoughts?

12th July,
    Orange Sash's on the News,
    people marching in the North,
    bonfires last night............

They are all supporting William of Orange,
    so it has to be The Netherlands, or Holland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

It said in todays Irish Times magazine that it was King Billy who introduced Gin into Ireland from Holland! So tonight I shall raise a glass of the dear ol' Gordons to support Holland,,,er Netherlands!

martinn123 wrote: »
    12th July,
    Orange Sash's on the News,
    people marching in the North,
    bonfires last night............

They are all supporting William of Orange,
    so it has to be The Netherlands, or Holland.

Sorry, can't watch! Travelling to the Wee North to hear a few familiar choons and to get offended by an Orange march. Then on to "the Field" later to get more offended. Looking forward to it all year.

Gawd, this Gehhhh gansie is fierce sweaty!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Well, I've donned me sash in honour of the play off tonight. I'll be in the dressing room this evening with the lads (:o:o) trying to whip them (:)) into action (;)). Sad thing is, their heart ain't in it for tonight's match as they really wanted to bring home something big and goldy orange, but that's not going to happen now. (Bring in on, again! Oh, ho hum!)

Anyone know where Muffler, is watching the match?

From Behind the couch again?.

Apparently Wexford won something, as it went to extra time, the Authorities in Brazil have been informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Bog snorkling?

2 Nil already.

• Advertisement

it was a very hard battle but Wexford won! The Dutch are going well. C'mon Holland!

A job well done! Thank you! Thank you! T'was nothing really! :)

I would have liked just one more goal mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Your lads didn't let you down Jellybaby:)

Must be all the tender loving care you gave them.

Ah, has anyone seen Muffler???????

I'll back Germany for the final but the match will be earlier so the heat might be a drawback. Go on lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im late into the party....again! :o

Poor old Brazil, beaten again.

Ah well, for the final tomorrow night I'll have to resort to supporting my second choice and also declaring that I think Germany will win :)

muffler wrote: »
    Im late into the party....again! :o

Poor old Brazil, beaten again.

Ah well, for the final tomorrow night I'll have to resort to supporting my second choice and also declaring that I think Germany will win :)

It is alright for you, my first, second and third choices were all soundly beaten long since, (My first choice never even got to the finals this time)

I am not sure how it will go, but I did predict an Argentina win before the finals ever started. Sort of wish I had had a bet on it now. I don't want them to win though, I don't want the Germans to win either.

OH woe is me, these awful choices one simply HAS to make over tea and cucumber sandwiches. I am tempted to pull up the drawbridge to Rube Castle and lock myself away from these terrible choices I am left with.

Now Silver top or Gold top for my tea? (Or perhaps lemon?)

Oh never mind, pass the bottle of PIMMS

Best of luck this evening Red Hare.

You might ask your boys to take it a bit easy on my one man team:)

Wishing you LayingHen and Argentina lots of positive karma in the form of lots of goals ( but I still want Germany to win - just by one). Lets hope its a good match!

Best of luck to our two Finalists.

Hope it's a good match,

Thanks for joining in this bit of fun on the O & O Forum,

Good luck also to Bill O'Herlihy, who hangs up his boots tonight,

see you all on the other side.

• Advertisement

Congratulations Redhare. Great match (and you even predicted the score!!!).

Martinn thank you so much for organising this, it was great fun and for somebody who has no interest in football you turned this World Cup into something I really enjoyed.

A good game, and I stuck with it until the full time whistle. My nerves wouldn't let me watch any more and I had to leave the room. I told yiz I can't handle the pressure. Himself has just announced Germany won 1-0. Woo-hoo, my team won! Congratulations Red!

My commiserations to you LayingHen and your great team! Your little Messi deserves a rest up now for a while.

Thanks Martinn for arranging this - it was good craic:)

As they say, in Anglo Irish Bank.

Indeed, Martinn thanks for getting this off the ground. Don't even think of doing anything like this again for at least four years! When is the women's World Cup though?

see you all again in four years time? Same place same time??

Is it over yet?

I've just seen that the Deutscher team were uber alles after all. Deloyrah for my many former and wonderful colleagues in Germany.

"Well deserved, lads, enjoy the glow of being the best of the best, Now, get back to work! I have a dozen "Apres Match" to watch.

Advertisement